• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nic and Summer's PJ - 08/01/09; Change in Plans

Wow you've done a lot!!! I love all of your ideas. The Boarding pass is fantastic!!!! and I really like the first kids centerpiece!!!

Oh, wow! I love ALL of your ideas! It's so hard to choose one to talk about. (Get ready for a lot of love) First of all, I love your colors! I LOVE the first dress you posted! Your baby is SO CUTE! His BEAUTIFUL blue eyes! I LOVE the boarding pass std/invites! I've been searching for the template, so if you find them let me know! I LOVE the ice cream buckets for OOT bags! Sooo cute! Seems messy though... how would you clean them out?I LOVE the "year" table numbers, such a cute idea! Now. If you don't feel loved after that, I don't know who should :rotfl2:

Wow! The 1986 sign is very well done! It's cute too.

I like the idea of having places you've visited that mean something to you with a picture and/or a story.

The kids' table idea is adorable too.

Thank you :)

I vote for the year one. It's super cute!!! Also, the kids table one is very cute too!

I LOVE the ideas you have for your table numbers. I would have never thought of that. What a great idea!

Haha, yeah. I found so many great ideas! Thanks :)

Great table number ideas! Howard and I are using numbers that mean something to us, so it's very non-conventional and personal. The kids' table with the dumdum centerpiece is great!

I like that idea, too! :)

Wow you've done a lot!!! I love all of your ideas. The Boarding pass is fantastic!!!! and I really like the first kids centerpiece!!!

Yeah. I'm just planning like crazy waiting for it to get closer! Thanks :)

Oh, wow! I love ALL of your ideas! It's so hard to choose one to talk about. (Get ready for a lot of love) First of all, I love your colors! I LOVE the first dress you posted! Your baby is SO CUTE! His BEAUTIFUL blue eyes! I LOVE the boarding pass std/invites! I've been searching for the template, so if you find them let me know! I LOVE the ice cream buckets for OOT bags! Sooo cute! Seems messy though... how would you clean them out?I LOVE the "year" table numbers, such a cute idea! Now. If you don't feel loved after that, I don't know who should :rotfl2:

Haha, you must really love my ideas! I do feel very loved! :) Thank you.

Well, today is our anniversary! Yay! :) We're going to Toys-R-Us with Jacques (our first "date" was to TRU). Then, FMIL is babysitting, and we're going to The Melting Pot (our favorite!) and Oasis (the local awesome hot tub place. We're in the Borneo room, so we get a 12-foot waterfall!)
Rainforest.jpg

We're very excited! :)

Here's a bunch of random stuff.

Bathroom Baskets:
dmbjrgem24.jpg

missjanks.jpg

proud-bride.jpg

Card Box ideas:
2bmrsk.jpg

mauiluv2.jpg

Photobooth idea:
99vintageglam.jpg

Chair signs:
mrspinkpeony5.jpg

MrsDonaldW.jpg

Bell for my Irish heritage:
msgirlinthemoon.jpg

Favor ideas:
drzbride.jpg

greengelato2.jpg

jules52707.jpg

Specialty Drink ideas:
10816757_475.jpg

mcsteakh8r3.jpg

Hair ideas:
hairveil.jpg

mrspinkpeony2.jpg

rissainthesky.jpg

And, my favorite, since Nic is Canadian and we love Jones:
babygurle.jpg

Wow, that was a lot! Haha.

Sorry to just ramble on about the Boarding Passes again, but did you find a site that makes these / has templates?
I really love them but would only need about 6 for our wedding as we have so few going to Florida, then we can have some more traditional ones for our at home do, so perhaps I'd be better making my own, did you come across any good sites??

Your ideas are awesome! I love the drink menu... it's so cute! Also, I really like the chair signs

Thank you :)

ooooh have fun in the hot tub! not too much fun though! hubba hubba :rotfl:

:rotfl2:We will! :thumbsup2

Sorry to just ramble on about the Boarding Passes again, but did you find a site that makes these / has templates?
I really love them but would only need about 6 for our wedding as we have so few going to Florida, then we can have some more traditional ones for our at home do, so perhaps I'd be better making my own, did you come across any good sites??

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/

I found some on there. If you want, when I get home, I could e-mail them to you, since to download the ones people post, you need to join and earn points.

Anniversary Mini-TR!

First, we took Jacques to Toys-R-Us, because that was our first "date."

He tried out all the exersaucers:
DSC01832.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

We also found Jacques' toddler bed:
DSC01837.jpg

Then we dropped him off to his Mamere, and headed to Celebration Village:
DSC01843.jpg

Where we went to the Melting Pot:
DSC01844.jpg

We sat down, and messed around:
DSC01851.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

He got Sprite, I got a Cherry Coke :-)crazy2: I'm a Pepsi person.)
DSC01853.jpg

We got their featured cheese, which was a Carribean cheese blend (we went with a tropical theme for the night), which comes with dippers of bread, apples, cauliflower, carrots, and celery.
DSC01855.jpg

DSC01856.jpg

And we both got their AMAZING ceaser salad: (I almost forgot to take the picture on this one)
DSC01857.jpg

We got the Pacific Rim for dinner (from the top of the meat plate, clockwise, Chicken, Seared Duck, Pork Tenderloin, and, my favorite, the Teriyaki-Marinated Sirloin, plus the Potstickers around the plate. There is usually shrimp, but we subbed in more steak, since neither of us are big shrimp people) There was also veggies of potatoes, broccoli, zucchini, and
mushrooms. We did the Court Boullion for a cooking sauce:
DSC01858.jpg

DSC01861.jpg

Then, we made faces (and Hidden Mickeys! Which Nic did, and I was so proud) with the stuff on the table while waiting for our dessert. (Yes, we are 3. Why do you ask?) (Also, the second one is a vampire)
DSC01864.jpg

DSC01865.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

Then, we got our dessert, which was the Bananas Foster, which I LOVE. We got it when we went for Mother's Day, too. Definatly my favorite, and we've tried almost all of them. The dippers are bananas, strawberries, cheesecake, rice krispies, brownies, pound cake (which, ironically, is how much we gained at this meal!), and marshmallows covered in oreo and graham crackers.
DSC01868.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

So, then we went to Oasis (our hot tub place) and stayed in the Borneo Room. We stayed in Nova Scotia, and British Isles before, so we figured it was time for something tropical!
DSC01875.jpg

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01877.jpg

DSC01878.jpg

DSC01879.jpg

Then, we came home and thought we lost the dog, but she's safe and sound. There were fireworks at the ball game, and it scared her, so she was in the back room in the basement, under the toolbench, and we had to get her out with a broom!

It was definitely an awesome night!

Love all of your ideas. Wow the hot tub room looks like fun!!!! Happy Anni!!! oh and your baby is so CUTE

I love the PJ so far! You have great ideas. :thumbsup2 I also enjoyed the anniversary TR. Especially the hidden Mickeys! ;)

What a fun evening!! Our Fondue Restaurant closed down a few months ago! i was so bummed, it was definately a favourite for DH and I. Can't wait to hear more plans!

Jennifer

Love all of your ideas. Wow the hot tub room looks like fun!!!! Happy Anni!!! oh and your baby is so CUTE

Thank you :) It definitely was!

I love the PJ so far! You have great ideas. :thumbsup2 I also enjoyed the anniversary TR. Especially the hidden Mickeys! ;)

Thank you! :)

What a fun evening!! Our Fondue Restaurant closed down a few months ago! i was so bummed, it was definately a favourite for DH and I. Can't wait to hear more plans!

Jennifer

Aw, that sucks! I don't know what we'd do if MP closed! See, we're pretty boring people, and we have a 3-restaurant rotation.

Fast Food - Taco Bell
Semi-nice dinner - O'Charley's
Nice dinner - Melting Pot.

We always discuss it, too, like we'd actually go somewhere else, but we never do! :rotfl:

Eric hates the melting pot :( He just doesn't get it. He can't figure out why it costs so much when he has to cook his own food. Plus he's too impatient and never cooks anything for long enough..he was eating raw lobster last time we went (vomit). I looooooove it though! I think it's so much fun & hello their dessert is to DIE for! Hot tub looks like sooo much fun, I wish we had a place like that around here!

Eric hates the melting pot :( He just doesn't get it. He can't figure out why it costs so much when he has to cook his own food. Plus he's too impatient and never cooks anything for long enough..he was eating raw lobster last time we went (vomit). I looooooove it though! I think it's so much fun & hello their dessert is to DIE for! Hot tub looks like sooo much fun, I wish we had a place like that around here!

Aw, that sucks! It's all about the experience, plus, the food is amazing! Nic's kinda the opposite. He over-cooks everything, because he's worried about under-cooking it. If he just doesn't like the concept of cooking the food, try making him go for just dessert. It's cheaper and delicious. Their bananas foster is AMAZING. :hyper: I totally love our hot tub place. They have all different rooms themed to different areas of the world, and it's so much fun!

We've stayed in Nova Scotia:
Nova_Scotia.jpg

and British Isles:
British_Isles.jpg

We're thinking Japan next time:
Japan.jpg

But, we also really want to do Nantucket:
Nantucket.jpg

and the Indoor Gardens (Yay aquarium!)
Indoor_Atrium.jpg

Alright, I'll stop babbling. They have a bunch of other ones too. Here's their website, for anyone in Michigan. There's one in K-Zoo, GR, and Ann Arbor:
http://www.oasishottubs.com/

WOW that place is amazing!! How long do you get to stay in the rooms? And if you don't mind me asking...how much does it cost?? You have me so jealous over here!!!!!! (not like I could get in a hot tub right now anyway lol)

WOW that place is amazing!! How long do you get to stay in the rooms? And if you don't mind me asking...how much does it cost?? You have me so jealous over here!!!!!! (not like I could get in a hot tub right now anyway lol)

Yeah, I love it!

You can stay from a half-hour up to, like, 3 hours. It's $15/half hour, but we get 1/2 off coupons all the time, so we use those.

I actually did go when I was pregnant, but I asked my doctor's and what I did was 10 minutes in, 10 minutes out, and we only did the hour, so it was, like, 10 minutes getting ready, 10 minutes in, 10 minutes out, 10 minutes in, shower, go home. Plus, we had them lower the temperature to about bath water temperature.

I've never heard of a hot tub motel! That sounds like fun! I'm not a huge fan of hot tubs- the water's too hot and I feel like I can't breathe but, still looks like fun! The melting pot looked yummy! Never been but I've been told I have to go and get some curtain room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter