*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

Our family of 4 has gone to DL twice since MP came out and we have used it both times we went. We loved it because we like to experience all the thrill rides, but now with the price increases for tickets and MP, we are thinking that the budget for our September trip will not be able to handle MP for our 4 days there. But, we haven’t used the paper FP system at the same time that MP was available before.

For those of you who have stuck with paper FP will we be able to still get some good FPs? Or will those with MP be taking them all up? We don’t mind sending a runner to the machines, but will we be able to see what the approximate return time we would pull on the app before sending someone to the kiosk? Is there anything else I should be keeping in mind?

You can easily see the return times on the app.

Click on any FP ride and the current return time will show right under the wait time. You can also filter “attractions” by “Fastpass” and move to “List” view and easily eyeball all the FP return times in both parks.

In terms of how fast they go, Maxpass and machine-pulled FPs are all the same pool. You can’t get cancellations without Maxpass, and usually Maxpass users can use more FPs in a day since they can pull them so much more efficiently, but they don’t “take up” the FPs in any way.

Can I add Maxpass to comp tickets before entering the park? (I kind of don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm getting comped tickets and I'd like to have Maxpass set up before going into the park). Thanks!

Nope.

You have to hand them the paper or scan the ticket from your phone and they will print a hard copy ticket, then you can scan this ticket in your app. No way to do this ahead of time.

Nope.

You have to hand them the paper or scan the ticket from your phone and they will print a hard copy ticket, then you can scan this ticket in your app. No way to do this ahead of time.
OK, thanks! Between having to do that and trying to get a BG, I'm a bit stressed! Is it a "race" to get Maxpass loaded to choose the first FP?

OK, thanks! Between having to do that and trying to get a BG, I'm a bit stressed! Is it a "race" to get Maxpass loaded to choose the first FP?

I would make sure you are there WELL before official park opening so you get inside the park in plenty of time to do this. The only race is for ROTR.

I think you can have your credit card information loaded into your profile ahead. That is what takes the longest. The MP transaction itself is less than one minute to complete once your ticket is scanned.

Sorry...this is all new to me. So the barcode on the comp tickets....I do scan this into the app first, right? Then, once I get the printed out hard tickets at the turnstiles, I have to scan those into the app as well (we will have 4 of us)?

Sorry...this is all new to me. So the barcode on the comp tickets....I do scan this into the app first, right? Then, once I get the printed out hard tickets at the turnstiles, I have to scan those into the app as well (we will have 4 of us)?

I've never scanned the comp tickets into the app first. I'm not sure if you can or not, but there's no benefit to doing it. But you can definitely just scan the barcode from the comp tickets at the turnstiles. Then when you get the hard tickets scan them into the app.

I've never scanned the comp tickets into the app first. I'm not sure if you can or not, but there's no benefit to doing it. But you can definitely just scan the barcode from the comp tickets at the turnstiles. Then when you get the hard tickets scan them into the app.
Thank you. Ok - I think I'm getting a bit more confused now.

I'm thinking my husband and I will have the comp tickets and my 2 kids will have the 3 day child park hopper deal with maxpass already purchased through UT. What do I do with their two tickets that i get from UT? Do they get pre-loaded into the app before hand? Or again, I just scan in at the turnstils to get the hard tickets.

So when I go to purchase Maxpass, it will only be for me and my husband. Will the kids all be linked to me with maxpass all set up? Sorry - don't even know how to explain what I'm asking. Maybe I'm over thinking.

I'm thinking my husband and I will have the comp tickets and my 2 kids will have the 3 day child park hopper deal with maxpass already purchased through UT. What do I do with their two tickets that i get from UT? Do they get pre-loaded into the app before hand? Or again, I just scan in at the turnstils to get the hard tickets.

So when I go to purchase Maxpass, it will only be for me and my husband. Will the kids all be linked to me with maxpass all set up? Sorry - don't even know how to explain what I'm asking. Maybe I'm over thinking.

I've never used tickets from UT, only comps or an AP so I can't help with that, but I think you're overthinking. I think it will all be self-explanatory when you get into park and app on the day. Just leave enough time in the morning so you're not rushing to get in in time for the park opening and BG times.

Also, you don't have to have MP to get a BG so if you're worried you can do BGs before MP and you won't be far behind.

I can't help you out with third party tickets and comp tickets and whether or not you can scan them into the app ahead of time. If you have to do everything morning of, you will be fine so long as you allow yourself plenty of time. Steps you definitely can take ahead of time: 1) have an active Disney account because you will use your Disney account login in the app, 2) have the app downloaded and up-to-date on your phone, 3) have a credit card attached to your Disney account, 4) know the CVV code for that credit card or have the physical card with you so you can get the CVV code off of it.

Once you are inside the park, if the tickets are not yet scanned into the app, scan them in. If you have everyone's tickets in the app at once and you try to purchase Maxpass, all the tickets do indeed show up. I don't know if the app would actually let you purchase Maxpass for those tickets that already have it preloaded, but if the boxes are all pre-checked, then uncheck the boxes for the child's tickets so you don't double-purchase if that's even possible. If the boxes aren't pre-checked, then check the boxes next to your and your husband's tickets. (Sorry, I don't remember if the boxes are all checked or all not-checked in this case. I can tell you that when you try to get a boarding group or a fastpass, then the app defaults to having all the tickets checked and you have to uncheck to remove those for whom you don't want the boarding group or fastpass.) The app will default to the credit card you have on file and ask for the CVV on the card. Once you have purchased your Maxpass for the tickets that didn't have it, then make sure everything is working right by choosing your first fastpass of the day in the app.

I can't help you out with third party tickets and comp tickets and whether or not you can scan them into the app ahead of time. If you have to do everything morning of, you will be fine so long as you allow yourself plenty of time. Steps you definitely can take ahead of time: 1) have an active Disney account because you will use your Disney account login in the app, 2) have the app downloaded and up-to-date on your phone, 3) have a credit card attached to your Disney account, 4) know the CVV code for that credit card or have the physical card with you so you can get the CVV code off of it.

Once you are inside the park, if the tickets are not yet scanned into the app, scan them in. If you have everyone's tickets in the app at once and you try to purchase Maxpass, all the tickets do indeed show up. I don't know if the app would actually let you purchase Maxpass for those tickets that already have it preloaded, but if the boxes are all pre-checked, then uncheck the boxes for the child's tickets so you don't double-purchase if that's even possible. If the boxes aren't pre-checked, then check the boxes next to your and your husband's tickets. (Sorry, I don't remember if the boxes are all checked or all not-checked in this case. I can tell you that when you try to get a boarding group or a fastpass, then the app defaults to having all the tickets checked and you have to uncheck to remove those for whom you don't want the boarding group or fastpass.) The app will default to the credit card you have on file and ask for the CVV on the card. Once you have purchased your Maxpass for the tickets that didn't have it, then make sure everything is working right by choosing your first fastpass of the day in the app.
The you for the tips. Especially about knowing the CVV code! I got this!

I've done the comp tickets. As soon as you scan into the parks, then scan them into the app. Once in the app, if you have a CC loaded in the app, it should take just seconds to buy MP.

Omg. Thank you!! I’ve got it!!

One thing just to be clear your return windows can OVERLAP unlike FP+ at WDW?

THANKS!!

That’s awesome. Much better than FP+!

is there a list somewhere of whatever rides offer FP. Did I miss it in the thread?
It's all the ones mentioned in the "groups," plus the newly-added Autopia and Monster's Inc.

The best way to see them all is go into the app, go to "attractions" and filter it by "Fastpass." Then go to the list view. It's a very convenient picture of the FP options and availability. Of course, if you look right now, you'll be horrified because today is BUSY and very little is left.

But anyway, that's how I look at them when I'm data mining. :-)

It's all the ones mentioned in the "groups," plus the newly-added Autopia and Monster's Inc.

The best way to see them all is go into the app, go to "attractions" and filter it by "Fastpass." Then go to the list view. It's a very convenient picture of the FP options and availability. Of course, if you look right now, you'll be horrified because today is BUSY and very little is left.

But anyway, that's how I look at them when I'm data mining. :-)

Thank you! I had surgery Monday so I’m a lil outta it. On bed rest. I totally see now you listed them all. Lol.

Thank you!

Hope they add the Star Wars ride that’s coming soon before August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter