Non-AP Ticket Holders and New Park Reservations System-INFO POST #76

Going to quote myself here - Just got off chat with a CM and according to her it looks like we will not have to pick an entry time. She stated we just pick a park & day and it is good all day for that park.
This is from the announcement, under Step 3: Select a Date and Park (red font is my highlight)

Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.
After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:

• Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
  • Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
  • Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
After selecting your date, park and time, you can confirm your reservation.

Ugh they have this system in place until September 2021. I’m sure I’m not the only one who goes to one park in the day and then to Epcot for dinner later a few times during their trip. Any chance they change it back before then if things are a lot better with respect to COVID in ‘21?
We're big on hoppers too. From what it looks like hoppers might come back later, but not looking good for the immediate future? Hopefully, if things get better they'll allow hopping sooner.

Our other :( is we just bought 8 1-day tickets (DH is military so can still get the Magic Your Way tickets) back in March that expire in 2030 to use on our spur of the moment stops at MK during the holidays while passing through Orlando to see family on both coasts. Looks like that is out for at least a year or more, if not forever..

This is from the announcement, under Step 3: Select a Date and Park (red font is my highlight)

Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.
After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:

• Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.

Ugh!!! Not what the CM told me. I'm at work so haven't had a chance to get into all the information but you are correct it does say that.
So now my question is if we select 9am but don't get there until 10am does that mean we are shut out?

Oh my gosh you're right, you have to click on "read more" under step 3, but there it is!

Ugh they have this system in place until September 2021. I’m sure I’m not the only one who goes to one park in the day and then to Epcot for dinner later a few times during their trip. Any chance they change it back before then if things are a lot better with respect to COVID in ‘21?

I just got off the phone with a CM about this, she told me to keep my hoppers for our trip in December for now. She said they are trying to work out a system to allow for hopping within the reservation system and there should be an answer on that by August /September.

Yeah hoppers are curtailed unfortunately - I think it's a good crowd control decision for the interim. Enjoy the non-parks - DS, or the resorts. We still haven't skyliner yet either. We will adapt.

I've looked and looked, but can't find this anywhere . . .

I am a DVC member and have a DVC reservation in October. Am I considered a "room only" reservation, and can call to buy tickets on June 26? Or is there a different date/process for DVC members?

And my adult daughter is going at that same time, but using my points. So she is staying on DVC points but is not herself a DVC member. I assume she would fall into the same category?

Thanks in advance.

Wondering with the limited AP benefits; park hopping, entry guaranteed, etc., if Disney will do any further compensation for not getting the most out of what individuals originally paid for. Yes I know they offered refunds but would hope for lower purchase or renewal costs. As other AP holders have said part of the benefits and draw to purchasing AP is the park hopping. Always nice to start at one park and finish out at another or head to Epcot for a meal.

I've looked and looked, but can't find this anywhere . . .

I am a DVC member and have a DVC reservation in October. Am I considered a "room only" reservation, and can call to buy tickets on June 26? Or is there a different date/process for DVC members?

And my adult daughter is going at that same time, but using my points. So she is staying on DVC points but is not herself a DVC member. I assume she would fall into the same category?

Thanks in advance.
When I spoke with CM yesterday she said only current option if you don't have tickets would be to purchase AP as individual tickets were not for sale yet. So if you have no active tickets linked in your MDE you are room only until you have tickets. I was inquiring as DW FP expired in April and we hadn't renewed. Mine is still active for our October trip and wanted to see what options there were for her.

I've been waiting to fix my park tickets but I realized I might have a problem. I bought the 4-day park tickets with waterparks but with the waterparks closed I want to have a 5 day park ticket instead. That's going to be a problem on Monday AM - won't be able to get a 5'th day park reservation without a valid 5-day ticket. Looks like I'm going to have to call...

I also asked this question on the DVC Fan FB page and an individual there is saying something different - definitely confusing information.

you pick a time but the only time available is the park hours that day. Not sure what site you are on but there is a lot of misinformation out there. My source is directly from the travel agent training on the park reservation system done by Disney this morning

I've been waiting to fix my park tickets but I realized I might have a problem. I bought the 4-day park tickets with waterparks but with the waterparks closed I want to have a 5 day park ticket instead. That's going to be a problem on Monday AM - won't be able to get a 5'th day park reservation without a valid 5-day ticket. Looks like I'm going to have to call...

I also wanted to change my tickets from 7 to 8 days but right now they aren't modifying anything other than reservations before the parks open July 11

In the same boat, I want to modify my 3-day PH+ tickets to 4-day single park but won't be able to do that until after the reservation system opens on Monday. My plan is to make my 3 park reservations and then call and have them modify my tickets with the hope that my 3 days of reservations can stay in place and don't need to be remade.

I've looked everywhere and still can't find an answer. My friend has a resort reservation (with me, an AP) but she did not buy her tickets for October yet. Are they even allowing new tickets to be bought for 2020? Is her trip a bust?

I've looked everywhere and still can't find an answer. My friend has a resort reservation (with me, an AP) but she did not buy her tickets for October yet. Are they even allowing new tickets to be bought for 2020? Is her trip a bust?
in this announcement it was not made clear at all, only for 2021

Maybe secondary market with tickets already to get them to avoid that bust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter