Non-AP Ticket Holders and New Park Reservations System-INFO POST #76

The way I read it, if you have tickets and a resort stay, you are eligible on Monday. Why would you think you have to wait? I don’t have tickets purchased so I might be totally out of luck for Thanksgiving, but I think if you have tickets, you should be good to go next week, right?

Can anyone help me figure out when we can book if I rent DVC points and have one day tickets linked to MDE already?

Ok got some info
As we know park hopping will not be an option but people are allowed to leave the park and come back to the same park later
Also the system opens at 7am for booking you can use the app or website
No word yet on how many reservations an AP can hold but people with a resort reservation can book for the number of days they have tickets (length of stay) so it will behave just like getting fps

So then my split stay won't screw things up? If I have 10 day tickets I will be able to reserve 10 days of parks like with fast passes?

The way I read it, if you have tickets and a resort stay, you are eligible on Monday. Why would you think you have to wait? I don’t have tickets purchased so I might be totally out of luck for Thanksgiving, but I think if you have tickets, you should be good to go next week, right?

That's how I read it.

So then my split stay won't screw things up? If I have 10 day tickets I will be able to reserve 10 days of parks like with fast passes?

I hope this will be the case. The chat CM I spoke with could not be sure how split stays will affect the process.

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations. "

--From this verbiage -- only Packages with tickets will get first dibs.

I posted this on another thread:

Just spoke with a CM via chat. No clarification right now on how the reservation system will work with split stays. He said he will pass those concerns along for clarification in future updates.

He did come back with this info though:

Abraham
at 11:31, Jun 19:

We haven't been told that there is a specific time of day that the Park Pass system will become available. After some double-checking, however, I did find that park re-entry on the same day will be permitted.

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations. "

But that also says 'for a stay in 2021'.

Doesn't really matter to me as our plans depend on being able to get into a park for each day of our stay. If it doesn't happen, I cancel, and end this ridiculousness.

I interpret that as they aren't going to sell standalone tickets right yet, the only way to obtain a ticket before sales resume is to upgrade to a package. Not that only packages get access.

Do we think they are going to ask for an actual time entry into the park - like the test screens showed the other day? And if so, if you book a 9am entry does that mean you can go in any time after 9am or only at 9am? Some in our party are a little slower moving then others so they usually catch up later.

Its says you can make reservations through September 26th. What about after that? We are going on Oct 10th.

Can anyone help me figure out when we can book if I rent DVC points and have one day tickets linked to MDE already?
Do you have the DVC reservation linked in MDE already, as well as the tickets? Then I think it would work just like any other DVC reservation. I am a DVC member, but MDE doesn't know that (I think), it just has my reservation linked.

Do we think they are going to ask for an actual time entry into the park - like the test screens showed the other day? And if so, if you book a 9am entry does that mean you can go in any time after 9am or only at 9am? Some in our party are a little slower moving then others so they usually catch up later.

Going to quote myself here - Just got off chat with a CM and according to her it looks like we will not have to pick an entry time. She stated we just pick a park & day and it is good all day for that park.

Ugh they have this system in place until September 2021. I’m sure I’m not the only one who goes to one park in the day and then to Epcot for dinner later a few times during their trip. Any chance they change it back before then if things are a lot better with respect to COVID in ‘21?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter