OceanGdss SBP/Ariel's December 2008..PS TR finished!!

Oh, I think the glasses are GORGEOUS with the names spelled out like that next to each other. :love:

All of your pix look great and it is so wonderful that your MIL is being so supportive and interested.

How exciting to see all those animals! It would be so amazing to sit out there with a pair of binoculars and a camera and to get amazing pix.

Can't wait to hear more!

Love the glasses. I think if I was in a savannah view room I probably would be up watching the animals also. Animal Kingdom is a beautiful resort. We are staying for a week in October.

Love your journal

I am enjoying your report and all your pictures so far. Yay for getting the savannah view room! Looking forward to hearing more.

When we left AKL it was only 10:30, and our PS wasn't until 1pm. So we had some time to kill. I drove over to GF and as we pulled through the gate the CM asked us "What brings you here today?" and I told her about us planning our wedding. She was SO nice and sweet and must have said congratulations 10 times! lol

We parked ourselves (no DVC valet here...:sad2: ) and I lugged my big old tote bag with all the planning materials with us.
(incase you forgot what it looked like...)
IMG_0381.jpg

We walked into the GF and went up to the monorail. DF LOVES the Contemporary, so we immediately headed over there.
(Here is the obligatory monorail pic...)
IMG_0424.jpg

When we got there he hopped off the monorail and DF took off walking...I didn't know where he was headed. Well...I should have known. As me & FMIL were dragging behind I realized we were headed to the construction site outside. This is rumored to be the future site of a DVC Villa at Contemporary. :yay: :banana: :cool1: <~~thats what our family looks like when we think about owning conteporary points lol
Here is DF dreaming of the day he will be part owner of his favorite resort...
IMG_0423.jpg

:goodvibes He's so silly...but thats why I love him!

We putzed around there for a little while then headed over to the polly. FMIL hadn't seen any of these resorts for a while, so she has having fun comparing them to how they looked years ago. :cutie:

When we got to the Polly we headed to Hook's for a bite to eat. We were all hungry for lunch, and by now it was 11:30, and we knew we needed to eat before we went into the PS. But when we walked into the dining area it smelled like BURNT CHEESE! Yuck!! It smelled SO nasty in there that I immediately lost my appetite. DF and FMIL were about to order something when I said "um...can we just go back to GF?? please".
They said no problem. We were supposed to walk from Polly to Franck's, but instead took the monorail to GF to grab something to eat first. And its a good thing we made this change!! Every trip DF tries to sit in the front of the monorail (yeah...he's THAT GUY :rotfl2: ) and he had failed up to this point.
However...this time we lucked out!! AND we had the nicest driver ever!! I wish I could remember her name...but she was very sweet!
Here is Me & DF in the front of the monorail...
IMG_0428.jpg

And FMIL, Me, & DF in the front... (the driver offered to take this, we didn't even have to ask!)
IMG_0429.jpg

The monorail drivers usually don't talk to you that much and sometimes rush you out at your stop, but she was so nice. She was asking us about our wedding plans and telling us ALL about DFTW (it was funny because me & DF knew everything she was saying...but we smiled and oooh'ed and ahhh'ed like we had NEVER heard of the Wedding Pavillion before! ;) )

So then we hopped off the monorail and headed over to the counter service at GF...
This place is my new best friend!!! The food was AMAZING!!!
FMIL got the jerk chicken salad wrap (I won't eat it because it has almonds in it) DF got the cheeseburger (he doesn't do health food lol...and he's still as skinny as a stick!! booger :mad: )
I got the italian meat sandwich with cucumber salad...
IMG_0430.jpg

AMAZING!!!!!:thumbsup2 So yummy!
I highly recommend this sandwich lol

At this point it was 12:30, time to head to Franck's!!!

By the way....the entire day before, and ALL day Thursday (the PS day) my stomach was in knotts!!! I couldn't settle it. I kept telling DF "I need a drink...omg I need a drink" lol. But he just kept laughing at me. I don't know why...but I was so nervous!! And excited, and anxious, and scared...lol...I was just a big ball of nerves. But in the end, I felt great during the PS. Which I will tell you more about......in the next installment! :rotfl:

Oh..and PS~ By this point, my shoulder was KILLING me from that monster bag of materials I was lugging around!!!

Off to DF's cousin's wedding shower! :)

Love the glasses Meg. So cute! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

Oh, I think the glasses are GORGEOUS with the names spelled out like that next to each other. :love:

All of your pix look great and it is so wonderful that your MIL is being so supportive and interested.

How exciting to see all those animals! It would be so amazing to sit out there with a pair of binoculars and a camera and to get amazing pix.

Can't wait to hear more!

Love the glasses. I think if I was in a savannah view room I probably would be up watching the animals also. Animal Kingdom is a beautiful resort. We are staying for a week in October.

Love your journal

I can't wait to hear more...by the way - I really like how your glasses turned out! :goodvibes

I am enjoying your report and all your pictures so far. Yay for getting the savannah view room! Looking forward to hearing more.

Yippy, I can't wait to read more!!! :surfweb:

I'm just now getting around to reading your PJ and TR - awesome!:thumbsup2
:surfweb:

Thank you guys for reading!!! And thank you for all the compliments on my glasses. I love them so much :lovestruc
I promise to keep it coming!! :thumbsup2

Hey girls!! I know I know..I still owe you the remainder of my PS TR. Its coming I promise! lol

Today is our ONE YEAR ENGAGEMENT ANNIVERSARY!!!:banana: :cool1: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :love:

And, its the 7 month mark for our wedding!!! Just 7 more months until all this planning is over! lol

This weekend we're leaving for an 8 night cruise to celebrate our 1yr engagement (and take a break from planning before it gets REALLY crazy lol). We're also capping our cruise off with a 2 night stay at Disney's Vero Beach Resort...I'm SO SO excited!!!:banana: So I'll be missing for about 2 weeks starting this Friday! I know you'll miss me lol. :lmao:

We're both having a lazy day, so I'm going to go be lazy with DF. See you guys later! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your engagement anniversary! Can't wait to hear the rest of your PS! You were pretty lucky to have all those animals!! When I stayed at AKL i didn't get to see to many animals!

Looking forward to hearing more!

Jennifer

Congratulations on your engagement anniversary! I have five months to go and I am still waiting for a ring and a proposal! :lmao:

Have a great trip!

I've been lurking for a while, but I love all of your plans. Looks like the planning session was fun. Have fun on your cruise.

FINALLY I caught up..I feel so bad I haven't had time to check this out or anybody else's..I've been so busy working on my TR and everything else!

Meg your making me want to stay at AKL,looks amazing..how is the transportation there???

In our pool at the POLY when I was swimming a mommy with her little ducklings were in the pool too..it was so cute!

The sandwich looks very good!!!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary too:banana: :banana:

when you have a chance I need to know about the DVC..Tim and I want to get it but not sure cause we want to move to the orlando area so not sure if it would be worth it!!!

Can't wait to read more xoxox again I'm sorry for finally posting:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter