OceanGdss SBP/Ariel's December 2008..PS TR finished!!

Ok..So I travelled to see my MOH last night (she lives 1hr away) and we poured over pictures and the internet and finally found some options. I compiled everything into an email and sent out the options to the girls this morning but wanted to know your opinions as well of course :grouphug:

Here are the options we came up with... (All styles by Alfred Angelo..he's the only one that carries the exact color I want)

Option 1: (in the color shown)
bridesmaidchoice1.jpg

The two bridesmaids would wear just the dress, the MOH and MatronOH would both have a white wrap/shawl to set them apart.

Option 2:
(This model doens't wear this style well..so forgive her lol)
For the two bridesmaids:
The colors would be reversed, the body would be blue and the ribbon white.
bridesmaidchoice3.jpg

For the MOH & MatronOH:
(colors as shown)
bridesmaidchoice2.jpg

The skirt with those two tops would be the one in this pic on the right (obviously not in brown...it would be blue)
(and the girl on the right in this pic is wearing one of the tops from above..she is a much better model of how it will look)
skirtchoice.jpg

Which one do you guys like??

I also found an adorable dress for my 3 JBM:
juniorbridesmaiddress.gif

All those dresses are pretty! We have the same colors. :)

I love two piece bm dresses. That's what I have. Here, I'll show you the one I picked out. :)

bmdress.jpg

It's going to be powder blue instead of black with the white bowtie thing around the center. :) Although now I'm starting to wish I had picked one more like your second option... I like the two colors. The JBM dress is really cute!

And the color you picked out is great. We are also going with Alfred Angelo in the claret color. I love their separates line. I am only having 3 girls and I am letting them pick out whatever they want - as long as it is in that color. Instead of the shawls I think they might be be going with the bolaro style jacket. Shawls are nice but I feel like you are always tugging on them and trying to hold on to them. With the jackets they will be covered (as our ceremony is outside in the morning in November and it might be cool) and then they can take them off at the reception.

Glad you found something you and your girls like.

Linda

All those dresses are pretty! We have the same colors. :)

I love two piece bm dresses. That's what I have. Here, I'll show you the one I picked out. :)

bmdress.jpg

It's going to be powder blue instead of black with the white bowtie thing around the center. :) Although now I'm starting to wish I had picked one more like your second option... I like the two colors. The JBM dress is really cute!

Aww! I love that pic!! It looks great! So cool we have the same colors :) I forgot about that. Are you using any kind of cover up?

Instead of the shawls I think they might be be going with the bolaro style jacket.
Linda

are you using the alfred angelo jacket? I could only find them for like $120! :scared1: way too much for my BM. Have you been able to find cute ones cheaper?? Thanks! :goodvibes

No we're not planning to use any type of cover up... but my wedding is Sep.1st so it'll still be really hot. Plus they're just not really my thing. I'm glad you liked the picture though! That's one of my BM's wearing it. Are you learning towards any of those dresses at this point?

Love all of your choices so far - dresses are gorgeous. I was a MOH for my cousin a few years ago and we wore the Alfred Angelo separates - they were great - reasonably prices, easy to wear, and easy to please the whole wedding party.

Your color scheme is great (exactly what I am thinking right down to the flowers) just trying to figure out how I can make it work in the fall in New England if we don't end up doing Disney. Sorry for the sidetrack there...

And your cake choice is perfect.

I really like the first dress! Very pretty!
Thanks..i think that's my fave too
No we're not planning to use any type of cover up... but my wedding is Sep.1st so it'll still be really hot. Plus they're just not really my thing. I'm glad you liked the picture though! That's one of my BM's wearing it. Are you learning towards any of those dresses at this point?
She looks lovely! I like the first one a lot, but then again, I feel like the tops in the seperates can be worn again with a cute white skirt or even jeans. So thats more functional for my BMs. Did your BM find her dress to be comfy? We're having a hard time finding a location that actually carries these dresses to try on.
Love all of your choices so far - dresses are gorgeous. I was a MOH for my cousin a few years ago and we wore the Alfred Angelo separates - they were great - reasonably prices, easy to wear, and easy to please the whole wedding party.

Your color scheme is great (exactly what I am thinking right down to the flowers) just trying to figure out how I can make it work in the fall in New England if we don't end up doing Disney. Sorry for the sidetrack there...

And your cake choice is perfect.

Aww..thanks!:goodvibes Maybe if you went with a little deeper blue it and a cream color instead of white, it would have the same effect with more of a Fall feeling

I love your PJ!! Just started reading and I'm hooked. :)

Your flower girl idea is so cute, I love the BM dresses and your story with DF is so sweet. I'm looking forward to reading more!!

My BM loved the dress because she thought it was pretty comfy... also the stomach area is very forgiving. Also, she and I had the same thought as you with the wearing the top part again with nice white pants or something. :goodvibes She also said that because it was a lighter piece on top versus holding the whole dress up, even if we had went with strapless it wasn't pulling as much, like she wouldn't have to keep tugging at it to hold it in place.

Hope that helps!!!

Hi just catching up. I love the cake choice and agree it would be even better in silver and blue. But I guess I'm a bit partial there huh?;) Anyway I think I liked the 1st BM dress the best but I agree that the separates may be a bit more forgiving. And I really liked the one where the top has the blue flowers on the white background.

Love everything so far can't wait to read more!

Christine princess:

I like both dresses! I love the color scheme,everything looks wonderful :)

I love your PJ!! Just started reading and I'm hooked. :)

Your flower girl idea is so cute, I love the BM dresses and your story with DF is so sweet. I'm looking forward to reading more!!

aww..thanks!! I'll be sure to keep it fresh and new as often as possible :thumbsup2

My BM loved the dress because she thought it was pretty comfy... also the stomach area is very forgiving. Also, she and I had the same thought as you with the wearing the top part again with nice white pants or something. :goodvibes She also said that because it was a lighter piece on top versus holding the whole dress up, even if we had went with strapless it wasn't pulling as much, like she wouldn't have to keep tugging at it to hold it in place.

Hope that helps!!!
Thats good to hear...especially about it being a bit lighter. Lets just say that some of my BM's weren't first in line the day they were passing out ta-tas (lol..writing this is cracking me up..don't know why:rotfl: ) so something they wouldn't have to tug at all day would be nice. And how funny that you guys were thinking the same thing with wearing it again in the future! :idea:

Hi just catching up. I love the cake choice and agree it would be even better in silver and blue. But I guess I'm a bit partial there huh?;) Anyway I think I liked the 1st BM dress the best but I agree that the separates may be a bit more forgiving. And I really liked the one where the top has the blue flowers on the white background.

Love everything so far can't wait to read more!

Christine princess:
lol....thanks. i like that one too, i wish i could wear that! lol

I like both dresses! I love the color scheme,everything looks wonderful :)

thanks lynn!!! Haven't seen you around here as much lately! :hug:

Everything looks great! Love the cake :thumbsup2: for silver (we are doing silver and blue too!) Love the BM dresses-very pretty color!

Just a quick update...FMIL called today and said she received her Save the Date in the mail!! (DF said he thinks they already booked their rooms too!! woohoo!)

When I got home from work the package was here waiting for me with all the extra ones!! I'm SO excited!!:cool1: :banana:

Just a quick update...FMIL called today and said she received her Save the Date in the mail!! (DF said he thinks they already booked their rooms too!! woohoo!)

When I got home from work the package was here waiting for me with all the extra ones!! I'm SO excited!!:cool1: :banana:

Yay!! When the first person called me to tell me they received my Save the Date I was so excited. It definitley makes it seem like its reeaaalllyyy happening! :yay:

Isn't that awesome when people start to receive their Save the date's! I remember thinking "wow this is really going to happen"!!!

Yay!! When the first person called me to tell me they received my Save the Date I was so excited. It definitley makes it seem like its reeaaalllyyy happening! :yay:

Isn't that awesome when people start to receive their Save the date's! I remember thinking "wow this is really going to happen"!!!

lol..yeah..now its like "ooh...definately can't back out of this now!" :rotfl:

So I've been MIA for the weekend. DF was out of town at FBIL's bachelor party (FBIL...DF's brother...is getting married April 12th!:bride: ) and while he was away I had my BM's over for some much needed girl time and wedding talk! We went to try on their BM dresses princess: on Sunday..I'll post those pics later. I also found my shoes and veil (bought the shoes..need to save for the veil!! lol:teacher: ).

Anyhow..we got a little silly taking pics in my wedding dress so here you go!popcorn:: (oh..the dress is a 12 and I now need an 8, so its not quite right in the pics...haven't gone for my 1st fitting yet :thumbsup2 )
Warning! These pics were taken with 3 silly girls near 1am in the morning!:rotfl:

This pic shows my favorite part...
WeddingDress5.jpg

WeddingDress20copy.jpg

Just after all of the pic taking we went on a 2am adventure to find a 24hr McDonals and eat apple pies!! LoL:rotfl2:

Ill post pics of the BM dresses, veil, & shoes later :goodvibes
Now I'm off to catch up on all I missed over the weekend...:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter