October 2010 Car Rentals

I think that the holiday weekend is killing us. I am trying to get a lesser rate with Dollar than I already have and it's just not happening. I can't do Priceline because my drop off time isn't the same as my pick up time. I think that I am stuck with my $316. I am picking it up at the airport on 10/7 and dropping it off on 10/14 at the Regal Sun which is at Downtown Disney. I am over it and I am going to stop looking now.

Good Luck everyone!

FYI: I have a priceline reservation for 10/14 thru 10/22 picking up at Tampa airport and dropping at Orlando airport.

I think the week of the 18th there is a convention going on which is affecting prices not coming down for rentals during that time..Just my opinion!!

Still trying PL thou

I think the week of the 18th there is a convention going on which is affecting prices not coming down for rentals during that time..Just my opinion!!

Still trying PL thou
:confused3 There's always conventions going on in Orlando

... there are a couple websites you can go to, to check what conventions are being held in Orlando when, and they don't include all the conventions being in Orlando either

I just pricelined a full size car through alamo for $14 a day! :cool1: The total came to $186.90 for October 2-10. Saved me $45 off a reservation I had already made.

My reservation for Alamo has not changed a wink since I made it months ago.

The website is accepting no coupons for a couple of weeks now. Alamo even emailed *********** members with a coupon that didn't work. ????

I'm still at $235 for Oct 6-17. I guess that's as good as it's going to get???

My reservation for Alamo has not changed a wink since I made it months ago.

The website is accepting no coupons for a couple of weeks now. Alamo even emailed *********** members with a coupon that didn't work. ????

I'm still at $235 for Oct 6-17. I guess that's as good as it's going to get???

I'm using a coupon that they are no longer accepting (when I try my ressie it says it's not valid), but I didn't get an email that I couldn't use it. Do you think my rate will still be valid including the coupon?

ALamo-----I have spent hours on the phone with them.... they only accept a certain number of coupons at each location that is why nothing is working.

I'm using a coupon that they are no longer accepting (when I try my ressie it says it's not valid), but I didn't get an email that I couldn't use it. Do you think my rate will still be valid including the coupon?

I already had a coupon it there from months ago. I was just checking on changes. I got an email on a new coupon for their Quick Silver peeps (DIS banned up above, argh) and I went to use it as a new reservation as soon as it was emailed and it cannot be used. Annoying.

I think if you already had a ressie, it should be fine.

ALamo-----I have spent hours on the phone with them.... they only accept a certain number of coupons at each location that is why nothing is working.

That has never happened before. They really should learn a lesson; since I am off-site this trip, I need a car. when I stay on-site, thank god for DME.

I also went to use the new internet coupons from Alamo and National and I get the capacity controlled error message.
I have a 9 day with National picking up at MCO, midsize, emerald aisle for $232.33 that I booked quite a while ago. When I try to modify the reservation to drop off at the Dolphin instead of the airport it rejects the coupon and bumps the price up to over $500.00.......I guess I'll keep what I have..using the $20 coupon...., if I change it to a $30 coupon it also bumps the price up over $500.00.
My rental dates are 10/23 to 11/01/2010.

I already had a coupon it there from months ago. I was just checking on changes. I got an email on a new coupon for their Quick Silver peeps (DIS banned up above, argh) and I went to use it as a new reservation as soon as it was emailed and it cannot be used. Annoying.

I think if you already had a ressie, it should be fine.

That has never happened before. They really should learn a lesson; since I am off-site this trip, I need a car. when I stay on-site, thank god for DME.

sure it has-just not to you;)only so many rentals on each coupon:confused3it is what it is

go into their website & check your reservation, if the rate is still the same & there is no question of using iffy codes/coupons (affinity type you might not be entitle to use i.e GA state employees), just take your confirmation & you'll be fine.

I have a reservation for October that I made with Alamo using a discount code from my BJs wholesale club membership a few months back. Has anyone used the BJs discount before? It's an online coupon, not a physical one. Do I need to print out a copy of the webpage to take with us to show as a coupon? I typically use Entertainment coupons from the book but this was a better deal for us this year.

I have a reservation for October that I made with Alamo using a discount code from my BJs wholesale club membership a few months back. Has anyone used the BJs discount before? It's an online coupon, not a physical one. Do I need to print out a copy of the webpage to take with us to show as a coupon? I typically use Entertainment coupons from the book but this was a better deal for us this year.

I would print the page that has the coupon on it just to be safe. You don't want to get there and have Alamo say that you need the coupon or whatever.

I would print the page that has the coupon on it just to be safe. You don't want to get there and have Alamo say that you need the coupon or whatever.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. I just hope that webpage is sufficient since the prices are more than double what I'm booked at now.

It wasn't working for my 8 night res beginning 10/3, now it is:goodvibes

another $20 off using the coupon code you get as an apology when the website goes down when your trying to make a reservation

NWEBCPN027

works with corporate codes, doubtful you can stack with anything other than free days

It wasn't working for my 8 night res beginning 10/3, now it is:goodvibes

another $20 off using the coupon code you get as an apology when the website goes down when your trying to make a reservation

NWEBCPN027

works with corporate codes, doubtful you can stack with anything other than free days

Just tried it and it says invalid....I guess I will not be able to get a better rate than I already have (which isn't bad or anthing). I'm really not comfortable using priceline, etc. Argh.

I'm glad I checked Alamo again .. I got 4 days next week (using Costco ID and upgrade coupon) for $138.96. Better than I had been getting! :)

Just tried it and it says invalid....I guess I will not be able to get a better rate than I already have (which isn't bad or anthing). I'm really not comfortable using priceline, etc. Argh.

are you checking National?:confused:

i needed to cancel another backup res, so i plugged the coupon code into their site for res beginning 10/6 (looked @ your ticker & took a stab:laughing:at it), it's still good for weekly rental.

i applied it to existing res that I made last week, w/o a coupon, hoping one would finally start working other than the upgrade ones.:yay:

are you checking National?:confused:

i needed to cancel another backup res, so i plugged the coupon code into their site for res beginning 10/6 (looked @ your ticker & took a stab:laughing:at it), it's still good for weekly rental.

i applied it to existing res that I made last week, w/o a coupon, hoping one would finally start working other than the upgrade ones.:yay:

No, I checked Alamo *smacks forehead*

Maybe I'll check National out tonight and see if I can do better than my $235 (compact) for 10/6 - 10/17.

All for Alamo is "coupon not valid" for anything I put in. Isn't National & alamo sister companies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter