October 2010 Car Rentals

Anyone know if the Budget car reservation booked through Southwest is cancellable if I get something better on priceline?

I read through everything and it seems that you can cancel up to 2 days in advance. Closer than 2 days, you would be charged a $75 fee.

I agree. I did make the mistake of waiting too late. I didn't consider that
conventions would make such a large impact.

I'll try doing a Priceline bid. I wonder what have people gotten for the week of Oct 16-25....we're only 2 people :confused:

I agree. I did make the mistake of waiting too late. I didn't consider that
conventions would make such a large impact.

I'll try doing a Priceline bid. I wonder what have people gotten for the week of Oct 16-25....we're only 2 people :confused:

I have been watching since November and found NOTHING good. I was lucky to have stumbled across a deal through Budget and now we have a minivan for the same dates as you for $413.

We will be there the SAME days as you, I have tried Priceline for months and NOTHING, nothing close to $413 and we need a van with a stroller and bags.

GOOD LUCK!

I have been watching since November and found NOTHING good. I was lucky to have stumbled across a deal through Budget and now we have a minivan for the same dates as you for $413.

We will be there the SAME days as you, I have tried Priceline for months and NOTHING, nothing close to $413 and we need a van with a stroller and bags.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the response. Guess, I'm down to the wire. I really try to time when we go but this threw me for a loop. I did get the hotels and a rental home for a few nights that we wanted but boy did that take alot of work. This is the last thing I even thought about but BIG mistake...:confused3

Thanks for the response. Guess, I'm down to the wire. I really try to time when we go but this threw me for a loop. I did get the hotels and a rental home for a few nights that we wanted but boy did that take alot of work. This is the last thing I even thought about but BIG mistake...:confused3

We go every year the same week, and we NEVER have seen this before. I am getting worried about how busy the parks are going to be!

We go every year the same week, and we NEVER have seen this before. I am getting worried about how busy the parks are going to be!

Well, I really can't say definitively but,

I was trying for the Dolphin for MONTHS and couldn't get a room...now they're available. I read that there's a big Fortune 500 convention at the Orlando Convention Center. So, hopefully, this is the reason. We did finally get the room we wanted for 2 days at the Dolphin. Here's to hoping...:thumbsup2

We are going the last week of 10/22-11/4. My brother was telling me that he is meeting friends of his down there the last week of October. He said all three of them are both going to be down there for different conventions all on the same week. I have never seen this with the rental cars, it's outrageous!!! I expect it to be very crowded compared to other years. On a positive note, lots of conventions are probably a good sign for the economy. :thumbsup2

I'm so happy I booked my rental car reservation for Oct. 31-Nov. 12 many months ago. While back then I thought the rate was a little high, now I know it's not.

Base Rate - Fullsize (USD) (Executive Aisle Member)
(1) Time & Distance ($159.89/Week) $159.89
(5) Extra - Time & Distance ($22.84/Day) $114.20
(1) Extra - Time & Distance ($11.42/Hour) $11.42
Discount ($42.83)
Discount Coupon Accepted ($25.00)
Contract ID 5007160
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

Subtotal $217.68
Subtotal $87.77
Estimated Total $305.45 (for a nearly 2 week rental)

I've always found that October/November the rates have been higher. Never sure if it's because of hurricane season, but I"m sure it has something to do with the PGA golf classic since Alamo and National are usually sponsors. I'm guessing that causes a rippling effect throughout other rental companies. (Just a guess)

Never sure if it's because of hurricane season, but I"m sure it has something to do with the PGA golf classic since Alamo and National are usually sponsors. I'm guessing that causes a rippling effect throughout other rental companies. (Just a guess)

No car rental companies sponsor the Children's Miracle Network Classic which runs from Thursday Nov 11 – Sunday Nov 14, 2010 this year. No car manufacturers provide courtesy cars for the PGA at this stop anymore with Buick bowing out after last year.

The bigger issue this week is Jersey Week - lots of parents and kids enjoying time off for teacher in service days.

I started checking for a car a few months ago for our up coming trip and keep looking at Alamo as we have been pleased with their service on past trips but they were out of their minds with their pricing. I'm willing to pay a few bucks more for familiarity but they were coming out over $500 for a 9 day rental, that is nuts.

I looked for codes here in this forum (might even be this thread) and found a full size from Budget starting Oct 28 for under $250. Code is U072700, put it in the BCD box on the Budget website. The code does not always work, keep trying at different times of the day. Our group has 4 cars so far, all booked at different times over the last 7 days with this code.

Lowest price was $211 for a compact for 8 days, another has a mini van also for 8 days around $270 with the above code and an AARP coupon (she,s an old fart :laughing: ).

Don't give up, there are deals if you want to put in a little time :thumbsup2.

Budget is a little bit less if you use BCD X474200 (travelocity public code) and E-Coupon MUWZ023 for $25.00 off. The total for a minivan after coupon is applied at checkout is $277.47.

I've spent the last few months looking for a rental car for my group (our trip is Oct. 30-Nov.4). We booked through Budget a couple of weeks ago using Costco codes and a full size came to $320 for the week.

I stumbled on this thread earlier tonight and the above codes worked for me. We ended up with a minivan (which works SO much better for the five adults in our group) for $298 :banana:. HTH

No car rental companies sponsor the Children's Miracle Network Classic which runs from Thursday Nov 11 – Sunday Nov 14, 2010 this year. No car manufacturers provide courtesy cars for the PGA at this stop anymore with Buick bowing out after last year.

The bigger issue this week is Jersey Week - lots of parents and kids enjoying time off for teacher in service days.

Sorry, but this is from the National Rental Car Website:

National Car Rental - The Official Car Rental Company of the PGA TOUR

This is on the PGA list of upcoming events:

Nov. 11 - 14 Children's Miracle Network Classic
Magnolia GC, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Palm GC, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Purse: $4,700,000

While the dates are in November, I'm sure this may have something to do with the lack of cars for later in the month of October -- maybe the rental car companies want the vechiles in perfect condition--dunno. We have been in WDW many times during the tournament and have often remarked about seeing the tons and tons of rental cars lined up on Disney property -- usually at the holding lot on the right as you're heading to WL (under the monorail tracks).

I got a fairly good rate through the SW website using Avis for end of October/beginning of November. Click Specials under the Car option.

I'm picking the car up in Orlando & returning it in Fort Myers.

According to touring plans the parks are not to be that busy.
I don't really follow the touring plans sites, so I don't know too much about them...But one site I saw said that even though the crowds will be low compared to other times of the year. It showed that the crowds will be double what they usually are this time of year. :confused3

We just got back Sunday and the crowds were VERY low! Even lower than it was last year at the same time. The only crowds we saw were on Saturday the 2nd at the World Showcase for F&W which we expected. We went back to F&W on Thursday and it wasn't crowded at all. We also went to Universal and IOA 2 days and Universal Studios was pretty much empty! Harry Potter at IOA was crazy, but luckily I'm not a HP fan and my 4yr old couldn't ride the ride in the castle so we went to Jurassic Park while everyone else in our group stood in line for over an hour to get in HP. Even the gift shops had lines that were 2 hours long. Totally not worth it to me. Don't freak out yet you might be pleasantly surprised, we were. We totally loved the GAD fastpasses though! I'm spoiled now and won't know what to do without them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter