"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else dressing up or is it just us?
We will for sure dress up! My kids are arguing about whether we will do a family group costume or all just pick our own. Leading contenders for family costume would be Big City Greens (which will be subtle? But easy to put together and not hot!) or marvel characters.

Anybody have easy costume ideas? I’m thinking just a shirt with some ears.

My 10 yo is adamant that he wants to be a shark. I don’t even know how to create something cute for Disney that can be easily transported on a plane.

My family is hoping to attend the party on August 19th. With all the airline issues, I'm worried about our flights being canceled/delayed and have held off on purchasing the party tickets. Anyone have a guess as to the likelihood that night will sell out? Are we pretty safe to wait and buy the tickets the evening before assuming our flights go as planned? I hate to buy tickets for 5 and we can't make it. :faint:

My 10 yo is adamant that he wants to be a shark. I don’t even know how to create something cute for Disney that can be easily transported on a plane.
One year we did shark week at work. We wore a shark fin headband and shirts/leggings. We had #sharkweek on one side and then the days of the week on the others.

Last time we went I was mad madame mim… in her young form. Just a purple tank, pink skirt, and a purple wig that I took off after some pictures. DH was Merlin in his blow me to Bermuda shirt and shorts, his own beard, and a wizard hat that we also put in the stroller after pictures 😅 but people totally recognized us all night even without our hot head accessories!

I usually wear Disney store or parks Halloween Ts to the party and again at home to give out candy on 10/31. This one came in the mail yesterday, I ordered both a SM and Med . They have some give so I’m keeping the SM and Med for my sister. I generally wear small but some Disney clothes run more like junior sizing and I need medium for those styles.. Feels like a traditional women’s sizing.

2md, the tshirt is very soft and cute in person but it’s really thick! I’m not sure I will be able to wear it if it’s very hot that night. Lastly the knot is not permanent, you can untie and wear straight or knot it where you want.
A405740E-5B99-4ACE-A5FC-8596ACE4D8EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Some great ideas here. We like doing more of a disneybound thing rather than full on costumes. Previous years have included Roger & Anita and Bianca & Bernard. We've decided on this years "couple" and all I had to get was a dress (that was in the sale, worked out at $5) and a short wig. DH has gone a bit further and bought a full outfit but I think it works (and hopefully he'll not overheat!)

Hi all, so excited to go back to MNSSHP - we've been twice on Halloween (2017 and 2019) and this time we're going 9/2 so a slightly different vibe I'm sure. Looking forward to picking up the tricks and tips from the early attenders. Is anyone else dressing up or is it just us?
My daughter and I are dressing up but not matching or anything. She's going to be Mei Lin from Turning Red and I'm going to be a HM cast member. My DS says he wants to dress up but has no clue what he wants to do be. I'm sure my DH and brother won't bother. :)

My family is hoping to attend the party on August 19th. With all the airline issues, I'm worried about our flights being canceled/delayed and have held off on purchasing the party tickets. Anyone have a guess as to the likelihood that night will sell out? Are we pretty safe to wait and buy the tickets the evening before assuming our flights go as planned? I hate to buy tickets for 5 and we can't make it. :faint:
We have attended the party for the last few years, save for the most recent two when it wasn't or wasn't the same. I don't believe that the August parties sell out, except for maybe the first one. I think you could Google to see which ones eventually sold out in the past, but of course, in the Upside Down that is 2022, things are hard to predict. Will there be a big turnout from people who are starved for Boo To You? Maybe. If I had to bet, I'd say you'll be ok. That being said, we are going to the August 23rd event and already have our tickets. Some of our costumes are being made (!) and I've invested a lot into this. I'm hoping that the only scary thing about it are the ticket prices! :earseek::rotfl:

Man, do I love Halloween!

Still debating buying tickets to MNSSHP. Anyone know if on Oct 30 & 31st they will have both sets of fireworks or just MNSSHP fireworks?

Still debating buying tickets to MNSSHP. Anyone know if on Oct 30 & 31st they will have both sets of fireworks or just MNSSHP fireworks?

For the Christmas after hours they have both but I’m not sure I think on standard parties they only showed party fireworks

Just a reminder all of the restaurants and quick services close before 7:00 pm on party nights so if your planning to eat before the before party starts at 7:00 you must arrive earlier enough to do so....even the bakery and ice cream places will be closing. Only drink/ice cream carts will be available during party. I thought I remembered a few dining places being open but I was checking dining calendars and it looks like they close at regular park closing and prior to start of parties. Seems crazy as I would think there would be many people looking for refreshments other than candy.
They used to be but if you look under dining all the dining locations in MK are closing at park closing in party nights. Good luck to those who go looking for food during MNSSHP...

No, lol. Specialty food and beverages are a BIG hit during the parties, even at many of the restaurants. The calendar applies to regular park hours.

“As a part of this limited-capacity event, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party attendees will encounter event-exclusive entertainment, notorious Disney villains, frightfully delicious menu items and more! Here’s some of what’s in store:
  • Discover sweet and savory menu items inspired by fall flavors and the Halloween season.”
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...eturns-to-walt-disney-world-resort-this-fall/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter