"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I have a timing question. We have not been to MNSSHP since my son was little..he is now 18 and we both thought it would be a blast to head back this year. So excited. We are staying off site and will not have day tickets so planning on getting in the park at 4. How early should we plan on arriving at the parking lot to make our way over to be in the park at 4? We want to get the most out of our tickets and have as much time in the park as possible. Thanks so much!! :-)
No later than 3pm. There have been years when things get crowded and they let folks in a little early. There have also been years when they allowed Annual Pass holders DVC members to enter at 2pm. 3pm in the parking lot, means you've got time to wait for the ferry or take the monorail and hop off for a little shopping. We tend to do a monorail resort dining experience at 1:30pm.

Edited to fix my mistake. Sorry!

Last edited:
It's less than a month until the first party...and I'm going nuts not knowing what special food or merchandise will be on offer. Any one remember if we usually get a preview before the first party?
I was just thinking that myself! I’m ready to start making a game plan!

I was just thinking that myself! I’m ready to start making a game plan!
Me too! We are going to the 2nd party and am getting antsy. We will need in Disney for the 1st one so I won't to look things over before. I guess I will have nighttime reading while I'm there lol.

Just a reminder all of the restaurants and quick services close before 7:00 pm on party nights so if your planning to eat before the before party starts at 7:00 you must arrive earlier enough to do so....even the bakery and ice cream places will be closing. Only drink/ice cream carts will be available during party. I thought I remembered a few dining places being open but I was checking dining calendars and it looks like they close at regular park closing and prior to start of parties. Seems crazy as I would think there would be many people looking for refreshments other than candy.
In previous years Disney created a separate time category for select ADRs (BoG, CRT, CP, etc). The regular dinners stopped seating at 5:55pm, but you could still book past 7pm with a disclaimer that you needed party admission. I bet these ADR slots haven't been loaded yet.

It's less than a month until the first party...and I'm going nuts not knowing what special food or merchandise will be on offer. Any one remember if we usually get a preview before the first party?
In previous years Disney Parks Blog released an official "foodie guide" with menu items at each location, pictures, and even information about sippers and popcorn buckets. It happens right before the first party.

Here is an example from 2019 (crazy that this was the last official MNSSHP!): https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-halloween-party-2019-at-magic-kingdom-park/

My family (7 adults and 1 child) is planning on attending the party for the first time on our little impromptu trip to F&W. We haven’t bought the tickets yet, we haven’t even booked the trip, but we’re planning on going on Sunday, September 11, the day we arrive and the only party offered during our little trip (we leave Tuesday, September 13).

While we aren’t interested in the rate characters, we are interested in trick or treating, the parade, fireworks, and maybe some of the rides. While this will be our only time in MK, we are def looking forward to our first party!

Me too! We are going to the 2nd party and am getting antsy. We will need in Disney for the 1st one so I won't to look things over before. I guess I will have nighttime reading while I'm there lol.
We are going to the same party. I will be up late on 8/12 reading lol.

8/30 party tickets officially purchased and linked!

I know I'm being silly, but it's a real bummer to me that the party doesn't come up when I scan through My Plans in MDE. I want to see Mickey and Minnie in costume on my plans!

It does show up in my plans, but no special picture or anything. I think it's just a note.

It does show up in my plans, but no special picture or anything. I think it's just a note.
Did you (or one of your traveling party) make the note or did it just show up? I can see the tickets on our profile, but the only thing showing up on party day is my hotel stay and our ADR.

Question: I’m planning my first MNSSHP in August. How early do we need to be in place to see the Headless Horseman? I’m thinking we will be in Liberty Square or Frontierland area. Does he ride the entire parade route? And where does the parade start.. Frontierland or Main St? Many thanks for any advice!

Question: I’m planning my first MNSSHP in August. How early do we need to be in place to see the Headless Horseman? I’m thinking we will be in Liberty Square or Frontierland area. Does he ride the entire parade route? And where does the parade start.. Frontierland or Main St? Many thanks for any advice!
He rides the whole parade route, which starts in Frontierland and ends at the firehouse on Main St. He rides in both the first and second parade, weather permitting. It the ground is wet or slick, even if it isn't raining, he won't ride. You can generally catch a good view anywhere for the second parade, which tends to be less well attended. Otherwise I'd suggest getting place 15 minutes early, he rides right at the start, sooner if you want a good spot for the 1st parade. If you're ethusastic, it is possible to sit on the Pecos Bill's side of Frontierland, watch the whole parade go by, then walk through adventure land very quickly, and catch headless around main street. This requires almost perfect timing, and very fast walking though - I've only managed to make it happen once in many years of trying.

He rides the whole parade route, which starts in Frontierland and ends at the firehouse on Main St. He rides in both the first and second parade, weather permitting. It the ground is wet or slick, even if it isn't raining, he won't ride. You can generally catch a good view anywhere for the second parade, which tends to be less well attended. Otherwise I'd suggest getting place 15 minutes early, he rides right at the start, sooner if you want a good spot for the 1st parade. If you're ethusastic, it is possible to sit on the Pecos Bill's side of Frontierland, watch the whole parade go by, then walk through adventure land very quickly, and catch headless around main street. This requires almost perfect timing, and very fast walking though - I've only managed to make it happen once in many years of trying.
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for! Most likely will go to 2nd parade. Prob won’t attempt the double viewing of the horseman though lol. Thank you! ☺️

Hi all, so excited to go back to MNSSHP - we've been twice on Halloween (2017 and 2019) and this time we're going 9/2 so a slightly different vibe I'm sure. Looking forward to picking up the tricks and tips from the early attenders. Is anyone else dressing up or is it just us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter