***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

So does anyone think anything will be announced in the next few days? I am having surgery tomorrow and will probably be out of it for a couple of days and don't want to miss getting booked.

I apologize if this has been asked, but are they holding back restaurant reservations for this? I'm trying to eat in mexico, but I'm surprised that there are no ADRs for my date.

I apologize if this has been asked, but are they holding back restaurant reservations for this? I'm trying to eat in mexico, but I'm surprised that there are no ADRs for my date.

I have heard that , yes, they hold back ADRs for the CP packages. From what I understand, they will release what is left later, after CP packages come out.

Last edited:

I don't know if anyone can actually prove this, but it is amazing how more reservations open up each year for packages when they go on sale. Maybe it's just a coincidence and there are a lot of cancellations at the same time!:smooth:

I don't know if anyone can actually prove this, but it is amazing how more reservations open up each year for packages when they go on sale. Maybe it's just a coincidence and there are a lot of cancellations at the same time!:smooth:
Yeah, I've never ever had an issue booking a CP dinner package, even late in the game. Maybe it's harder on like Christmas Eve but I haven't had any issues when I've gone!

So does anyone think anything will be announced in the next few days? I am having surgery tomorrow and will probably be out of it for a couple of days and don't want to miss getting booked.

I believe the last two years the packages launched on 6/30-7/1, so you should be safe. GOOD LUCK with your surgery today! pixiedust:

I believe the last two years the packages launched on 6/30-7/1, so you should be safe. GOOD LUCK with your surgery today! pixiedust:
It never seems they choose the same dates from year to year for anything. Although they do stick close usually, I have seen drastic changes occasionally . Hope all goes well for you dachsie.

I will be on vacation and will not be able to call and not sure how much internet access I will have so am hoping it comes out within the next 5 days. If not will I have an issue for either 11/23 (Black Friday) or 11/24 for the 8:15 pm show with dinner at Chefs beforehand?

Just catching up, I am assuming that the Holiday Illuminations doesn't happen during the CP because it would be competing in sound levels. Can you see the Holiday Illuminations after the CP?

Just catching up, I am assuming that the Holiday Illuminations doesn't happen during the CP because it would be competing in sound levels. Can you see the Holiday Illuminations after the CP?

Yes. It is at 9:30 every night.

The last Candlelight Processional of the day is usually about an hour before Illuminations, so people are usually able to get spots for Illuminations afterwards.

This is our first time and I can’t decide. Does it have a major impact whether it’s dark or not?
Don't know when your trip is but I looked up December sunsets in Orlando & internet says around 5:30. (ETA after re-checking the times of shows: Thinking the first show might be at dusk then the others should be dark?)

On a different note, does anyone remember what the earliest & latest dinner times for this package were last year?

Don't know when your trip is but I looked up December sunsets in Orlando & internet says around 5:30. (ETA after re-checking the times of shows: Thinking the first show might be at dusk then the others should be dark?)

On a different note, does anyone remember what the earliest & latest dinner times for this package were last year?

The earliest is breakfast.

If you're wanting to actually eat dinner and then go to the show, I think the latest is around 6:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter