• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Hoping for first, then dinner afterwards

Not sure dinner after is an option...as it's at the CP meal that you get the sticker that gets you preferred entrance. Might want to double check.....

I just assumed evlaina meant doing the first show and then having a separate, non-package dinner elsewhere afterwards. BUT if crazyhorse is right and you want to do your package dinner after the show, you can't do that. Your package meal must be before the show you want to see.

I just assumed evlaina meant doing the first show and then having a separate, non-package dinner elsewhere afterwards. BUT if crazyhorse is right and you want to do your package dinner after the show, you can't do that. Your package meal must be before the show you want to see.

Good point...you're right...show first and Non CP dinner after would work too. Duh..didn't occur to me...just assumed a CP package was on the plate.....I shouldn't assume!:).

Not sure dinner after is an option...as it's at the CP meal that you get the sticker that gets you preferred entrance. Might want to double check.....
I worded that wrong. I intend on using Garden Grill breakfast for my package. I prefer the 5pm CP show so we can go to dinner after, not with the package. I don’t want to get stuck with one of the later shows and have to worry about rushing my dinner.

So when the information about the dining packages comes out (and hoping a partial narrator list comes out at the same time), when will the ability to book a reservation happen? Are we given a couple of days notice or is it instantaneous? I was leaning toward an Ale and Compass dinner for the CP package, but if it's not on the list this year, I'll have to mull over the other choices. (I actually just learned that I get a 10% DVC discount at A&C plus a free dessert! So not sure that's my best choice for a CP package. Might be better to save it for another night.)

So when the information about the dining packages comes out (and hoping a partial narrator list comes out at the same time), when will the ability to book a reservation happen? Are we given a couple of days notice or is it instantaneous? I was leaning toward an Ale and Compass dinner for the CP package, but if it's not on the list this year, I'll have to mull over the other choices. (I actually just learned that I get a 10% DVC discount at A&C plus a free dessert! So not sure that's my best choice for a CP package. Might be better to save it for another night.)
I don’t think they let you use the discount on the dining package options.

Hoping for someone good on our trip December 8-14!
Almost the same dates as us! Looks like we should have 2 options for narrators.

This will be our first time experiencing the Candlelight Processional. Looking forward to when they release the dining packages! :flower:
CP was definitely a highlight for me! We've done Disneyland and Epcot for CP.

Us too! We're going to be in Epcot on 12/8 and are hoping for a good narrator. This will be our first time seeing the Candlelight Processional!
I cant imagine there is any such thing as a bad narrator.....we had Kurt Russell at Disneyland and "Ariel" in 2015 at Epcot. Both were amazing!

NPH was on the Late Late show the other day talking about how he does CP each year. I'm so hoping to see him this time!!
Would LOVE to have him!

Same thing happened to me this morning. Wish I hadn't woken up at the crack of stupid to try to make Epcot reservations. Hopefully they will be released soon.
We are anxious as well. I have Chefs already reserved for 12/10 so that would be the easiest to drop and add the package.

Thank you so much I will keep watching for dates for 2018. Just a quick trip and this would be awesome to see. I thought I read it was in EPCOT but then I thought I saw a post the other day saying in was in the square at MK so I wanted to verify. Maybe they have something else at MK. Which EPCOT resort would be a good choice? Do you know what time this usually is? Only one performance a night? Do you have to be on the DDP to make a dining reservation?
Disneyland's CP is set up in the square. We literally stood in our spot HOURS to see it. It was marvelous!

Hoping the same December 9-14. But since we have never done this we will take anyone. I'm a bit excited for this.
Same here! It IS magical! I literally teared up throughout the show!

I'm wondering if that post was referring to the CP in Disneyland. At Disneyland, it's set up in the square at Main Street in front of the train station.
Yes!

I think they are referring to CP at Disneyland. At DL, it is a HUGE stage that takes up most of town square. So many members of the choir that they totally fill the front of the train station wall (from tunnel to tunnel) and the trumpeters are on the roof of the station. Only way to get reserved seats is to be a VIP. Otherwise you end up waiting literally all day (people rope drop to get a curb spot and wait it out). And it’s only over 1 weekend, so that can get crazy (it’s too much of a traffic jam if they have more than that)!
We were one of those pitiful souls waiting hours! It was really fun seeing Kurt Russell check out the area beforehand in his street clothes....Minnie Mouse came through also......she wanted to make sure everything was right for her party :)

No problem.

Just still wondering the amount of time the info is released versus the ability to book the reservation. Can anyone tell me if there is any notice at all?

If you go back and look at the first few posts of this thread, you will see that the first narrators are usually announced a day or two before booking opens. Last year some narrators were announced on June 29th, and packages went live on July 1st.

So, if you see that some narrators have been announced that would give you a good indication that packages are about to be released.

If you go back and look at the first few posts of this thread, you will see that the first narrators are usually announced a day or two before booking opens. Last year some narrators were announced on June 29th, and packages went live on July 1st.

So, if you see that some narrators have been announced that would give you a good indication that packages are about to be released.
I saw that information. What I'm wondering is not when narrators are announced versus when booking opens. What I would like to know is when dining packages are announced versus when booking opens.

I saw that information. What I'm wondering is not when narrators are announced versus when booking opens. What I would like to know is when dining packages are announced versus when booking opens.

I'm in the same boat. My EPCOT day is set in stone. What I'm worried about is that I have made a dining package choice based on last year's restaurants and then they go and change everything so you don't have time to study menus and prices.

I'm in the same boat. My EPCOT day is set in stone. What I'm worried about is that I have made a dining package choice based on last year's restaurants and then they go and change everything so you don't have time to study menus and prices.

The restaurants generally stay the same. You will just need to book a package and cancel the ADR you have made.

It will likely be the same day, as in years past. There will just be a press release that says "CP packages are open for booking. Here's a list of what you can book." I've never heard of them announcing all of the package details before you could actually book them.

We will be there December 8-16th. It’s been so long since we have been to Disney we are having withdrawals.

It will likely be the same day, as in years past. There will just be a press release that says "CP packages are open for booking. Here's a list of what you can book." I've never heard of them announcing all of the package details before you could actually book them.
Thanks for the information. That's frustrating to know you don't have time to look over them to see what you want. I guess you just have to base your decision on last year's info and hope for no major changes.

ETA: Looking at some other choices in case we decide to eat at Ale and Compass another night. How did the breakfast packages work last year? I noticed that both Ale and Compass' and Trattoria al Forno's regular menus do not have a breakfast buffet. So how does it work when it's for breakfast and there's no buffet? What is equal to an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert? Also, why is Ale and Compass' breakfast so much cheaper than Trattoria's?

Last edited:
So dinner reservations sounds like a must for the CP. Will there be a dining package for Illuminations and also ROL or is a dinner reservation not necessary?

Never too early to start, right?

Who's planning to attend in 2018?

Note: There are typically 3 performances per night, running from November 22-Dec.30th. The performances are at the American Gardens Pavilion at 5:00p.m., 6:45p.m., and 8:15p.m. Shows are about 45 minutes in length.

Even with a dining package, prevailing advice is to get in line at least 45 minutes before the performance you are attending. This will give you a seating advantage over those in the regular line up, who are let in 30 minutes in advance.

**Your performance time will be specified in the particular dining package for which you make reservations. There will not be a choice of the 3 performance times, but will be one specific time linked to your reservation**

*Will post below with dining package details and narrator list once available*
We would have loved to do the dining package but 1st it is too costly as we have 13 in our family and 2nd--that is a LOT of food to eat at one place-appetizer, main dish, dessert and bev. So...we will have to stand in lines to get in with the general seating. Any suggestions on how early we need to do this?

So dinner reservations sounds like a must for the CP. Will there be a dining package for Illuminations and also ROL or is a dinner reservation not necessary?
My niece just completed a 6 month intern working at Disney epcot. She said there are so many places to see Illuminations from that you really do not need dinner reservations packages (altho we have done that in the past with rose and crown ). She said YES, it is highly recommended for the ROL. We got in for one there but I did call 6 months to the day and it was all booked up. I kept watching and did get in on someone elses cancellation. Make sure you MENTION the DINNER packages when you book or otherwise it is just considered a dinner reservation

ETA: Looking at some other choices in case we decide to eat at Ale and Compass another night. How did the breakfast packages work last year? I noticed that both Ale and Compass' and Trattoria al Forno's regular menus do not have a breakfast buffet. So how does it work when it's for breakfast and there's no buffet? What is equal to an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert? Also, why is Ale and Compass' breakfast so much cheaper than Trattoria's?
I believe Trattoria's breakfast is a character breakfast?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter