"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at the 19th for our trip-seems like a safer bet. Could be wrong though, if everyone thinks the same way!

We went this past December, attending MVMCP on Friday the 16th. The final two parties on the 18th and 22nd had already sold out, and while we on the first leg of our WDW vacation, the 16th sold out as well. Those last few parties have a good track record of being sold out each year, so whatever day each one happens to fall on really becomes a non-factor. The good news is that even sold out, the lines were short for things we wanted to do (5yr old wanted to do Peter Pan's ride twice), and there was plenty of elbow room during the shows compared with a typical MK night. We should have planned a bit better to stake out a spot on Main Street to get the snow-effect during the parade, but viewing was still much easier than on any typical night when the 1st Main St Electrical Parade used to go by.

Don't get me wrong - there's still a lot of people in the park, especially between 4pm and 7pm as all the MVMCP attendees arrive. But as those without MVMCP tickets get pushed out of the park after 7pm, things improve. Main Street is more crowded than the rest of the park as a lot of people congregate there, but it was still a good time. We're going back again this Christmas on either the 19th or the 21st, and we expect them to be sold out affairs either way.

@monique5 you might want to update the first post to reflect there is also a party on Nov 10th. That's the date Disney initially left of the list when they mistakenly posted Nov 8th

So nice to see some real people named Lucy! I feel the name is too old fashioned nowadays and the only Lucys I've encountered are dgos. Not very good for my self-esteem, let me tell you.

Lol! It's a great name for sure! It has become a lot more popular since our Lucy was born in 2004. Last time I checked the social security website, it was in the top 100 names given. When I was pregnant with Lucy, the name was 324th mist popular!
We, too, know a few 4 legged Lucy's! Glad to keep such a strong sweet name going!

If your options were the first two parties on November 9 or November 10 which would you choose and why? We are there for both I know the first party is crowded and Fridays are busy so neither is ideal. Just looking for some insight from folks who have been there before.

If your options were the first two parties on November 9 or November 10 which would you choose and why? We are there for both I know the first party is crowded and Fridays are busy so neither is ideal. Just looking for some insight from folks who have been there before.
Same dilemma here. I'm leaning towards the 9th. I think it will be busy since it's the first party, but better than the 10th since it's the weekend and a holiday.

Last year we went on Friday, November 11 which was the 4th party. I don't recall it being very crowded. This link may be helpful to you. http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/04/07/least-crowded-disney-world-christmas-party-2016/

Thanks Scott. I had looked at that link. I think the parties are starting a little later this year. I was worried about larger crowds because of the first party and Veteran's Day weekend. We are leaving on 11/11.

Thanks Scott. I had looked at that link. I think the parties are starting a little later this year. I was worried about larger crowds because of the first party and Veteran's Day weekend. We are leaving on 11/11.

You are welcome. I personally don't think you can go wrong with either date. The party we were at last year was on Veteran's Day and it was fine. It was ranked top 10 in the parties last year.

NEWS

Universal Orlando to offer World of Harry Potter Christmas Experience -- All Details Not Released

THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER INTRODUCING NEW CHRISTMAS EXPERIENCE
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04...he-first-time?abthid=58eebcd9452a9a636c000055

We have always done our Universal and WDW trips separately, this may change this year. This seems cool, I can't wait until more details are released.

Yes I saw this last night and showed my wife. It may call for a serious change of plans.

Yes I saw this last night and showed my wife. It may call for a serious change of plans.

YES! I haven't been since before Diagon Alley open. Last visit was several months before it opened. DD reached 54" a few months ago :banana:, this is what we have been waiting on, since UO height requirements are greater than WDW. So our trips were just me & DH or me and girlfriends. I had just started filling in my calendar for WDW to see what we would do each day :goodvibes, but need that December Calendar to complete it, then I saw this. Had to reevaluate my calendar, and see where we can fit this in. S0 now I'm waiting on UO to release details :surfweb:.

YES! I haven't been since before Diagon Alley open. Last visit was several months before it opened. DD reached 54" a few months ago :banana:, this is what we have been waiting on, since UO height requirements are greater than WDW. So our trips were just me & DH or me and girlfriends. I had just started filling in my calendar for WDW to see what we would do each day :goodvibes, but need that December Calendar to complete it, then I saw this. Had to reevaluate my calendar, and see where we can fit this in. S0 now I'm waiting on UO to release details :surfweb:.

We have been there twice since Diagon Alley opened. We stayed at Cabana Bay, which was nice. I would say it is between a Disney value and Disney moderate. We hope to split and do both Disney and Universal. Although I'd rather spend the money going to Universal and see this over the Christmas party, which we have done I believe three times.

We went to universal 10+ years ago but we didn't go on many rides. The kid was pretty young and we do not like too many roller coasters.

BTW- If per say someone wanted to go to Universal from WDW for a day. How would one get there with no car? Any ideas? How much you think uber or taxies would cost?

We have been there twice since Diagon Alley opened. We stayed at Cabana Bay, which was nice. I would say it is between a Disney value and Disney moderate. We hope to split and do both Disney and Universal. Although I'd rather spend the money going to Universal and see this over the Christmas party, which we have done I believe three times.

We always stay @ Royal Pacific. If we do this, we would probably do 2N @ UO, but need to decide where in our trip to do the 2N. Then need to see if Disney is doing the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! again @ HS; which night to do CP @ EP, but that not released until late July & list not completed until much later. Good thing is that don't have to worry about ADRs & FP+ @ UO.

We went to universal 10+ years ago but we didn't go on many rides. The kid was pretty young and we do not like too many roller coasters.

BTW- If per say someone wanted to go to Universal from WDW for a day. How would one get there with no car? Any ideas? How much you think uber or taxies would cost?

Never done this. If no one replies, try contacting Mears Transportation & asking for quote for WDW to UO. I believe Mears has online tool where you can input info for quote. We would do this for MCO to UO, to guarantee transportation is waiting & paying in advance, same for RTN to MCO.

There is Mears, but also Uber. I think Uber is cheaper. Also with Uber, you get your first ride for free, so if you haven't used it before, it would definitely be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter