Official September 2017 Disneyland Check In!

So we are hitting Vegas for a few days within the trip, was originally planning on our last week but now with a Halloweentime moved I will do it the other way around, we need to be at DL for DDs bday in the 11th then will head to Vegas on the 12th and come back for he start if Halloweentime

We will be going to Disneyland this September too! We arrive the 13th but our first day in park will be the 14th, we will be there for three days. I know it's being referred to as Black hole week, but considering Halloween starts the 15th we feel pretty lucky! We can handle a short day without SM and HM, if we get all the Halloween goodness for the rest of the trip! We are staying at the Hilton Anaheim. :)

This is my first post, but I've been lurking on the message board for a few days now.

My husband and I are going to DL/DCA for 3 days (Sep 3-Sep 5). We're celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary which is on the 3rd. This will be our third trip together. We went in October of 2011 for our Honeymoon and September of 2012 for our first anniversary. We're staying at the Best Western Stovalls Inn, which will be our third visit to that hotel as well. I've already booked a Blue Bayou Fantasmic! package for Sept 4.

We're kind of bummed that Space Mountain is closed for refurbishment during our visit, that's one of our favorite rides. Haunted Mansion was closed last time we were there as well. It appears that sometime in the future, we'll need to go between January and July to see Haunted Mansion in its normal, non "Nightmare Before Christmas" form. On our first trip together, we rode Haunted Mansion with the Halloween overlay and went to one of the parties.

Our California vacation started as a long weekend to Monterey, CA, but due to an unexpected extension of 3 days to our vacation, we're adding a somewhat spontaneous (as spontaneous as six weeks prior can be) three-day jaunt to Anaheim to go to DL.

Last time we were at DL/DCA, Cars Land was brand new, so the line for Radiator Springs Racers was really long. We were only able to ride it once. We hope that this time, we'll be able to ride it multiple times, at night and during the day.

Our favorite time at Disney is at night. Our favorite ride is Big Thunder Mtn at night. Splash Mountain is my least favorite ride--only because I don't like having to walk around the park in wet clothes--the ride itself doesn't bother me.

We are booked for 9/27-10/1 and staying at the Hojo. We went this past April and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and while it was nice, I prefer the walk from the Hojo. We never been at Disneyland during the Halloween season. I am so excited!!! I bought tickets for the 9/27 party for my daughter and I. Now I am just waiting for the 60 day mark to make Fantasmic dining reservations. So excited!!!!!

My daughter and I will be flying into SNA on September 5th thru the 10th, we will be staying at the Grand Legacy at the Park. We will be in the parks the 6th to the 8th with our last day being at Universal Studios, our only hope is that the crowds are light.

Just booked The Blue Bayou/Fantasmic! dinner for September 23. So excited!! Time to start my count down.

Disneyland website now adds Sept. 5 closure for Soarin and Monsters Inc...... Not sure on the length of closure. Add another FP ride to the refurb list...

Disneyland website now adds Sept. 5 closure for Soarin and Monsters Inc...... Not sure on the length of closure. Add another FP ride to the refurb list...

Nooooo! Seriously, at this point my ticket should be half off. I'm cringing at what else will be closed the next week.

Don't like Soarin', but I hope Monsters Inc is quick. Even if it's just a revamp of Superstar Limo, I'd like to see it at least once.

Just booked The Blue Bayou/Fantasmic! dinner for September 23. So excited!! Time to start my count down.

I booked The Blue Bayou package for the 23rd also. I wanted River Belle but it said no tables available.

I am waiting until I can make my Blue Bayou Fantasmic reservation. I am not quite at the 60 day mark yet. What time frame do I target to make the reservation for so that we can get a FP for the 1st show?

Visiting family in CA; will be in Disneyland Sept 6-10. We aren't Halloween fans and don't run the marathon, so we should be in good shape (no pun intended). We'll stay at GC. Reservations at Nappa Rose, Blue Bayou. Three in our party: DH, college-age grandson, and me. This timing works for us because the grandson is between classes. Whooppee!!

I am waiting until I can make my Blue Bayou Fantasmic reservation. I am not quite at the 60 day mark yet. What time frame do I target to make the reservation for so that we can get a FP for the 1st show?
Don't know exact time frame but, when I made our reservation, the system told me which show our fastpass would be for before I finalized everything. I also discovered I could make the reservations online before 8:00 a.m. pdt. I had thought I'd read somewhere that we needed to wait for Anaheim hours.

I booked a hard-to-get 2 bedroom kids suite at Hojo (one room has a king plus a bathroom and the other room has a set of bunks plus another bathroom) for Sept 12-16th and I am about to cancel it, just so anyone here knows who may want it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter