Official September 2017 Disneyland Check In!

I booked September 1-4th at the PPH for the family. Now I need to convince my wife that it's only money...She's loves Disney as much as her "boys", but she's a banker.

We are going to WDW October 7-14th at the Poly so I get her point, but Guardians, F!, The Rivers of America, The Railroad, and Tom Sawyer Island are all fresh and new, besides my AP is expiring the first week of November... Think I'll win? :) Wish me luck and see you all in September.:ssst:

Mike

I REALLY REALLY wish they would release the dates for Halloweentime already. I am thinking we will miss any parties since those don't start until late Sept (we will be there the 13-16th), but I really want to see the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion. I haven't seen that version in 6 years!

Heading to DL for 5 park days 9/24-9/30 (with a side trip to Hearst Castle for my dad). Was just at DL in May, but can't wait to go back! We have never been there for Halloween decor/party, even though I grew up in San Diego. Have been going to DL more now since I moved to Oklahoma. Guess I took it for granted when I lived closer.

Yippee! I just booked a trip from 9/28 - 10/1 (park days 9/29, 9/30 and 10/1 as our flight out is late). We'll be celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary and because I have already gone solo this year, we are bringing the kids. Staying in a King Suite at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort/Convention Ctr (has a door so at least a little privacy from kids, ha ha). Both hotel and airfare booked were with points to save money and so hopefully we can add on a halloween party. We have never been when Halloween decorations have been up and are very excited about that! Not so excited about early park closings and crowds :)

I just confirmed my dates: September 16-17, staying at Grand Legacy. Hoping to catch Fantasmic on the 16th and eager to see Halloween decorations!

Looks like they are moving Fantasmic! To Friday - Sunday showings only in September. Boo! I thought for sure they would run it every night (like World of Color) due to it's popularity. :sad1:

Headed with my husband for a belated honeymoon Sept. 24 - 30th. :) Cannot wait! Fingers crossed that we get the Halloween party of our choice which is the 25th. Oh and we are staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

For those hitting Sept 8ish-14th:

I know some of you on this forum are already on this thread, but I thought it a courtesy to keep everyone informed.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/no-woc-9-14-black-hole-week

Sincerely not trying to bum anyone out, I'm just the type of person who wants to be prepared for the week I am going to Disneyland with all the advantages and disadvantages.

We have named this thread the "black hole week" (hehehe) For that week we all thought Halloween would be here (based on previous years of the week after Labor Day) but now it starts the 15th instead.

Some have been able to reschedule their plans, but those like me who have non refundable airline tickets will stick it out and try to make the best of it! :bored:

Last edited:
For those hitting Sept 8ish-14th:

I know some of you on this forum are already on this thread, but I thought it a courtesy to keep everyone informed.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/no-woc-9-14-black-hole-week

Sincerely not trying to bum anyone out, I'm just the type of person who wants to be prepared for the week I am going to Disneyland with all the advantages and disadvantages.

We have named this thread the "black hole week" (hehehe) For that week we all thought Halloween would be here-based (on previous years of the week after Labor Day) but now it starts the 15th instead.

Some have been able to reschedule their plans, but those like me who have non refundable airline tickets will stick it out and try to make the best of it! :bored:
Wow, looks like I somehow picked the right week! Condolences to those who didn't.

If you don't want to read the whole thread, this is the general idea:

All restaurants are closing early the 14th and I talked to a couple cast members as well as emailed touring plans and they all said the same thing "cast member event so DCA is closing early, 5pm" No WOC that night either.

That week is going to be also rough because rides will already be down due to overlays (HM and Space) plus shorter hours in general due to the "off season" plus Summer of heros ends the 10th of Sept, but Halloween doesn't start until 15th. Plus it will still be busy due to annual passes blackouts lifting and such.

We don't know how much of DCA will be closed (if any at all) due to the new overlays going in. Since it has never been done before, we will just have to see when we get there.

Cruises are also going that week (Disney Wonder) so there may be a bit of an increase in crowds due to people traveling to Disney before or after their cruise.

Also, RBT will not have F! Dining packages due to refurbishment (for both the weekends of the 8th and 14th so far)

The official Disneyland schedule hasn't been released yet, so there may be more refurbishments and schedule changes as well.

It's like the black hole of a week to go to Disneyland :faint:

If you don't want to read the whole thread, this is the general idea:

All restaurants are closing early the 14th and I talked to a couple cast members as well as emailed touring plans and they all said the same thing "cast member event so DCA is closing early, 5pm" No WOC that night either.

That week is going to be also rough because rides will already be down due to overlays (HM and Space) plus shorter hours in general due to the "off season" plus Summer of heros ends the 10th of Sept, but Halloween doesn't start until 15th. Plus it will still be busy due to annual passes blackouts lifting and such.

We don't know how much of DCA will be closed (if any at all) due to the new overlays going in. Since it has never been done before, we will just have to see when we get there.

Cruises are also going that week (Disney Wonder) so there may be a bit of an increase in crowds due to people traveling to Disney before or after their cruise.

Also, RBT will not have F! Dining packages due to refurbishment (for both the weekends of the 8th and 14th so far)

The official Disneyland schedule hasn't been released yet, so there may be more refurbishments and schedule changes as well.

It's like the black hole of a week to go to Disneyland :faint:
Already read the whole thead. I'm so sorry. :(

My husband and I are going 9/6 - 9/9! Really just 9/7 and 9/8 since the other days are our arrival and departures days and we won't be going into the parks. We're staying at the Grand Californian, which I'm super excited about it! We'll be there after four days of camping in Yosemite and Sequoia, so I will be happy for the nice hotel. I have a WOC dessert party booked for 9/7! We also have Napa Rose 9/6. My husband hasn't been to Disneyland at all and I last went in the early 90s, so we're excited for something new. I'm hoping there won't be too many ride closures for Halloween overlays while we're there! I can't wait for park hours to be released (as a WDW vet, it feels like the park hours are released so last minute at DLR!).

Wahhh... we had to reschedule our September plans for October due to the above referenced black hole week. We will be there in October now. I'm glad I'll get to be there for Halloween time during our entire visit, but I'm bummed I have to wait an extra month now. Darn it!

Ditto!

We're going to be there Sept. 9... I'm hoping they also delay the ride closures like HM and SM, which they usually close Labor Day weekend (I think...probably HM more). If they close on Monday, Sept. 11 that would give them a few days to set up and still get the weekend crowds in.

VERY unfortunately for us, if you look at the calendar schedule right now for Disneyland and click on a day in last week of August, then scroll to"refurbishements" it says HM and space are down. I believe space goes down the 24th of Aug.

VERY unfortunately for us, if you look at the calendar schedule right now for Disneyland and click on a day in last week of August, then scroll to"refurbishements" it says HM and space are down. I believe space goes down the 24th of Aug.

That's crazy! I have never done HM or Space for Halloween, but from the photos and videos, it only seems like HM would need more time. I thought Space was more of a few days to get new projections and audio lined up. Ah well. I guess all that we can hope for is a soft opening. And considering that our last day is Sept. 13 and that's my birthday, I hope the extra magic and luck adds to it!

That's crazy! I have never done HM or Space for Halloween, but from the photos and videos, it only seems like HM would need more time. I thought Space was more of a few days to get new projections and audio lined up. Ah well. I guess all that we can hope for is a soft opening. And considering that our last day is Sept. 13 and that's my birthday, I hope the extra magic and luck adds to it!

Space is getting a longer refurbishement with the overlay this year. STARTING Aug 21. Dang! :confused3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter