• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

If you go into SDD expecting RnR or Everest you will be disappointed... If you go knowing it is an intermediate coaster you will enjoy it. It isnt really a kid coaster, but still kid friendly. I would take my kids on mine train first to be sure they could do SDD. The lap bars will be a little uncomfortable on larger people, they have a piece that comes down on the open end a few inches that can weird if you pull it down all the way.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm expecting a kiddie coaster but was wondering whether it would be "between" Barnstormer and SDMT or "between" SDMT and BTMRR in intensity.

I'm backstage regularly and and have seen it operate so I do know what to expect. But unless they invite the working non-DHS staff to ride it during the previews, I won't be riding it.

I dont know what your role is but depending on what you do and when you are there a ride could possibly be arranged. it was cleared for riders yesterday and people in the building started riding yesterday afternoon.

Thanks. I'm expecting a kiddie coaster but was wondering whether it would be "between" Barnstormer and SDMT or "between" SDMT and BTMRR in intensity.[/QUOTE]

I'm going in to it with quite close, if not even to, 7DMT.

I have only been on MT a few times and not really recently, but I would say SDD is a small notch above MT

I have only been on MT a few times and not really recently, but I would say SDD is a small notch above MT

Just from what we know about it, I'd expect them to be fairly equivalent in terms of overall experience. SDD lacks the great show scene of the MT (Wheezy at the end notwithstanding), but the launches add a little extra thrill even if they aren't nearly as fast as the RRC. Now that I think about it, that would also mean it won't matter where you sit on SDD as opposed to on the MT where I always try to be at or near the back of the train.

Just from what we know about it, I'd expect them to be fairly equivalent in terms of overall experience. SDD lacks the great show scene of the MT (Wheezy at the end notwithstanding), but the launches add a little extra thrill even if they aren't nearly as fast as the RRC. Now that I think about it, that would also mean it won't matter where you sit on SDD as opposed to on the MT where I always try to be at or near the back of the train.
It still matters for air time over hills.

the back feels a little faster and a little more hang after the first launch, the head blocks your forward view some in the front seats so if you arent familiar with the track it it could be surprising. the middle is more like the back only a little less intense.

Looking forward to hearing a review from a CM who happens to be a Disser for reviews. Would the pep ralley include A.S.S. ride? I am sooo curious on the role of "the claw". i am guessing the claw would be similar to "that guy" at Laughing floor and you'd get your picture on the big screen. Just my conjecture.

Looking forward to hearing a review from a CM who happens to be a Disser for reviews. Would the pep ralley include A.S.S. ride? I am sooo curious on the role of "the claw". i am guessing the claw would be similar to "that guy" at Laughing floor and you'd get your picture on the big screen. Just my conjecture.

No ASW, no one can ride it yet. I posted my thoughts on seating, anything else you want to know? SDD is def a fun ride.

Sounds like the mights came together... did you ride?
Yes, and I'll be doing it again next week.
My husband rode twice (no idea why twice) and it was pretty painful trying to get info out of him, but he said it was fun. He compared it to SDMT and said it felt about the same speed/length. Said our 5-year old will enjoy it.
You could ride it as many times as you wanted. I've done 7DMT once, that was enough, and IMO, SDD is more enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter