Official~ Whine (or Not!) About The Weather Thread!

Okay, I really hate to do this, but I am whining!!!

It is so nasty here. Schools closed yesterday, cars still stuck on the streets, everything covered in a mixture of snow and ice....yuck..:(

I can whine too......no problem in that department.

We got teased with a couple of beautiful days. Enough to get out the shorts and gardening tools and dig around in the dirt a bit. We hunted for earthworms and had a great time. I've found my very active just turned DS3 enjoys helping me outside. I never thought I'd see the day that he'd "stop and smell the roses". Now, onto the whine...........

It rained and hailed here yesterday - all day long. My back yard looks like a pond with all the standing water. Now it's cold and dreary. I just heard on the news there is a weather advisory for tomorrow -- snow with accumulation.

I can't handle it -- I'm ready for SPRING!

Well I thought seeing my garden yard under about 4 inches of water was bad along with all the mud then we got some nice days and things started to dry up. Was getting ready to rake out the gardens and the leaves we never go out before the first snow of Oct 25.

NOW WE HAVE 8 INCHES of the WHITE stuff back on the ground and still falling with I guess ICE expected this evening. I don't think I'll be gardening for awhile.

Laura

Thanks I need to yell that out.

I know, it's been a while, but I thought I'd bump this back up, especially since we just had a little.......
.Hail storm!!! :eek:

I sure have missed a lot before I went away or became sick it was in the 80's were already talking about hail.

Have not even seen my yard in about a week. Oh I know it's cooled off a bit but been confined to bed. DH and I picked up a nasty virus when we returned home. His mom and I both came down with bronchial pneumonia. He been sick for 2-week too but it never developed into pneumonia. For 5 day I ran a 101 temp. It could have been 0° or 100° all I know was I went from the bed to the recliner shivering covered in blankets. The fever finally broke Friday night, but spiked a bit last night.

I'm awake and finally feel human again. Have no idea whats going on in the yard. I guess it's time to start thinking fall. I know the GC want to know when we are going to decorate the yard.

Got some great pic's of Italy, had the photo lab download them onto a CD, no losing these babies. As soon as I feel better, I will do a report and finally learn how to post pic's.

Some cool new smilies too. :chat: This post is a little long and chatty. :yo-yo: but when you been feeliing like a yo-yo, up and down back and forth you get a little :upsidedow. Turn me around and strighten me out it time to :bounce: my way out of this house and get going on some yard work, before the snow flies.

Oh Mamu, I had no idea you'd been so sick!! :( Why does it so often seem to happen, that when people return from a trip, they get sick? :confused:

I'm sorry that you, your DH, and your MIL have been having such a rough time of it. :(

I'm glad though, that you feel ready now to tackle the yard work! :) Funny, how all that work so patiently waits...and waits...;)

The smilies are cool, but it's too bad they don't have a flower one!! :cutie: :)

Mamu - Sorry you been sick. Hope you are now well on the Road to Recovery!! :D

Well, I don't care what the weather will be like in NY for the next week or so because tomorrow a.m. we begin our drive down to Florida for our Disney Magic Cruise!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

The weatherman is promising us sunshine and smooth sailing! :sunny: :boat: . I'll be thinking of you guys while I am basking away at Castaway Cay!

And don't be jealous. :worried: You may remember I invited all you guys to join me over a year ago!!! I've been waiting for this for a LONG time!! ::yes::

:wave2:

Okay Tulirose, I'll try, I really will, to not be jealous...lol..:)

Happy sails to you, have a great time!! :boat: :wave:

mamu...certainly hope you a re all well again soon!

We've had great weather so I've been moving all my stuff..well, I'm diggin it up and giving it away with the exception of a few perennials. The excavator is coming today to tell me what else I need to move. the tree guy said he's be here this week to take the trees down..

Tuli..have a great time!

I like this smilie :yo-yo:

So it's begun, has it Vanessa. Are you going to take some before and after pics? This is going to make a huge difference in your yard, isn't it? :)

We've had the same wonderful weather this past week. It's "thick as pea soup" fog right now, but it should burn off. :)

I'm whining again....we need a flower smilie!! :)

This has sort of turned into our F&G chat thread, hasn't it? :sunny:

Sunday Oct. 12th, is a great day in Southwest Ohio. Blue, blue sky and sunny. The sky is a great background for the golden leafed trees in the area!

Enjoy the day, everyone! DH and I had a wonderful walk with Buster (our all American dog) and startled a garter snake that was sunning itself close to the path. It was partially hidden in the brown leaves. I was wondering if they had begun hypernation, but I guess not!

:p

I know that garter snakes are basically harmless (rarely bite), and like to dine on slugs, but I would probably have been just as startled as the snake if I came across one. Not a big snake fan! :eek:

We had beautiful weather this past weekend too, all of last week actually. It really was so nice, I wish it could of stayed that way until next Spring! :) Of course that's asking for too much, and right now it's pouring rain, cold, and windy.

It's a balmy 55F here today, amazing for this time of year!! :) :sunny:

I hope it's nice where YOU are?

Anyone had any ....okay, I'll say it.....snow yet? :eek: :D

63F here. The forecast is that tomorrow night's low will be 15F, so we are in for a change. Enjoy this while you can!

Bobbi

We had a couple inches of snow last week. It lasted on the grass for the week. Not nearly enough snow for my liking but it was a nice start. We didn't have any last year so I'm really hoping we will get it good this year. We haven't had a true arctic blast for about 10 years so I think we are due.

No whining here not half as cold as last year. Seem like is a lot more windy though.

Haven't had to order oil yet so I know it's warmer. Not even a flurry. I don't mind the snow, a few inch at a time is fine, but 2 feet every 5-6 day was a little too much.

I remember missing the 2 foot storm while at Disney, fate caught up with me when I returned. 2 more of those lovely snow storms were just waiting for my return.

It's been very windy here too, Mamu. Yesterday I walked 5 miles, and it was a bitter wind. Good thing I'd already pulled out my long underwear weeks ago! :)

Gosh, I hope I don't come home to any snowstorms! :eek:

We listened to weather reports and traveled from Cape May to home today, Sunday, and it was a beautiful day for driving. They had an inch of snow overnight from Friday to Saturday here in SW Ohio, but it's all gone, and in fact the day felt balmy, high 50's, as we pulled into our driveway. It's an 11 hour car trip, so we're glad to be home.:D

Safe traveling to all.

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter