Official~ Whine (or Not!) About The Weather Thread!

Mid-20's here today. Yesterday's walk was so windy and cold, I wore my DH's toque.......paid for it with serious hat head later...lol! :crazy:

I'm off to the airport in an hour, heading to the warmer climes of WDW! :bounce:

Take care Buds, and I'll see you next week!!! :wave2:

<center> Windy Windy Windy

Cold Cold Cold

Whine Whine Whine

No happy medium either buried in snow or so cold and windy you can't even take a walk.

The last few days here have been amazingly mild, very unseasonable, but a real treat. We even bbq'd some yummy steaks the other night. :)

Today, big fat fluffy flakes...falling. ::yes:: :teeth:

They're talking snow here tonight. :bounce: Keep everything crossed for me. I REALLY REALLY love the snow.

GRRRRR! We've had snow on and off for 3 days and it's not sticking. There was enough for us to make a snowman in the front yard yesterday but it is now completely gone :mad:

No snow here, in fact, an hour ago it was just over 48F!! :eek: I think we'll be bbq-ing again tonight! :)

Why do I think Mother Nature is going to get us big time, oh...probably in April, for all this mild weather we're experiencing now? Be afraid, be very afraid! :p :D

Do you ski, Mary? Is that why you're doing a snow dance? ;) :)

I used to ski some before I blew out my knee. My ds (8) is starting snowboarding this year and I'm thinking it would be fun to give it a try again. The mountains have beautiful snow and the ski areas have been open since Thanksgiving. We just can't seem to get any in the lowlands anymore. I remember as a child we would have a little snow every year. We haven't had a significant snowfall in the greater Seattle area since 1997! I'm still holding out hope for this year though.

Oh wow, you're going to try snowboarding? Brave woman..lol..sounds like it could be fun! :) No wonder you're looking for some real accumulation.

I've always had trouble with winter sports. Broke my arm skating, and my ankle toboganning. :crazy: I used to downhill ski a bit many years ago, and on the rare occasions when we do get to my in-laws place up north, we still x-country ski.

The weather here this morning is a damp, but almost unbelievable 54.2F at 9:20am.!!!!! I'm very curious to see just how warm it gets. A record breaker for sure!! :eek: :D

Mild and very rainy here in Ohio. We woke up yesterday morning in Albany NY to an inch of new snow on the ground, not what we wanted to drive home. But, true to weather reports, as we headed West, the skies cleared. We were truly surprised that there wasn't snow on the ground in Buffalo NY. I think that because snow and cold weather came so early this year, we thought it would be a bad winter.

This is not good for ski areas, but great for people like me who now are afraid to walk on snow and ice, never mind enjoy the thrill of the downhill run.

Enjoy whatever comes your way.

Bobbi

Wow, what a difference a few days makes! From record breaking mild temperatures, to 17F , with icy, hard as concrete, snow on the ground. :eek:

Keep your ears covered if you're venturing out, it's freezing!!! :jester:

Couldn't find an appropriate hat on smilie, so the jester will have to do! :)

Brrrrrr......shiver.....

I have ice, at the bottom INSIDE, of my window, in this room! :eek:

Freezing weather......lousy windows...:rolleyes: :D

Hi everyone!

It's a day to stay in bed with warm comforters. DH went out to feed the birds for me, bless him.

Snowark, I checked my windows, no inside ice, but we have had that at times, so it's colder by you, for sure.

Bobbi:D

It has been BITTER cold here for the past several days and that looks to continue through this week.

Not much snow here yet - which is a good thing. They've been getting clobbered with the snow north of us, but we've escaped the worst of it here so far. Our day will come thoug - it ALWAYS does!

Thought I'd resurrect this weather/chitchat thread. :)

Things have changed a bit since Bernie last posted! :D

Yesterday (and the day before) were awesome !!! :sunny:

Spring often seems to take it's own sweet time arriving, but it's definitely Sprung....lol. :sunny:

I actually got to work in the yard yesterday, cleaning up mostly. Cutting down the plants I'd left up for "winter interest". They were looking very messy and forlorn.

The best part? I didn't wear gloves, and I had dirt under my fingernails!!! It felt wonderful!! :tongue: :D

We are enjoying a most beautiful spring in SW Ohio. No late frosts to kill the daffodils, or magnolia blooms. The Bradford Pear trees are magnificent, Centerville Ohio has them planted along the main highway and the ones in the neighborhood are blooming. The redbuds are just beginning to show some color. Redbuds in Ohio are extra special!

We've had rainy days, this is April for sure, but this has been a banner spring for weather and flowers.

Bobbi:D

Now this is more like it!!! :sunny: Rather windy, but a gorgeous 77 degrees out!! Feels just like summer....:)

Everything is greener up so quickly. The lawn is cut and trimmed to perfection...lol...well, sort of! :p

I hope it's nice wherever YOU are! :sunny:

It's drizzling rain here, and it's in the 70's. Yay! :bounce:
I hope it rains all weekend! Actually, I hope it pours all weekend, but I'll be grateful for what I can get. Hear that slurrrpppping noise? That's the sound of my plants enjoying the rain! ::yes::

Okay, I guess my last post was our summer. Too bad it went by so quickly! ;)

It's been so rainy here lately, and lots of thunder storms. It tries to warm up, but then clouds over the and temperature plummets.

We were up at my inlaws place on the weekend, and I think we managed about an hour of partially sunny weather. :rolleyes:

They have several bird feeders, and I couldn't get over all the goldfinches that were around! At one point there were 14 of them at the feeder in the picture. :)

I took this through a window, so it didn't turn out all that well.
goldfinch1.jpg

BTW, overcast with showers for today.....again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter