Official~ Whine (or Not!) About The Weather Thread!

We had HAIL last week!!!! :eek:

Today was nice but why can't Memorial Day weekends be WARMER!!! :confused:

We set up the hot tub thinking it would be refreshing since last week was so hot. It's frigid.
Last week the air-conditioner broke. they were so busy they didn' get to us for the whole weekend. Fortunately upstairs is a seperate unit and we were able to go upstairs to get coolish. Brought out the old fans and opened the windows like the good old days.

So, I not really whining about the cold it's better than broiling. We're getting a lot of planting done and the bushes are happy it's cooler.

Where did your hottub pic go, Deb? You're always changing things on me!! I'm old, I have trouble keeping up! :teeth:

Wow, we just had some very scary weather!! :crazy2: The temperature dropped from 73F to 52F, the sky became almost black as night, the wind started strutting it's stuff, and then.....it poured, and the lightning was flashing, and the HAIL was crashing....and Snowwark made a beeline for the basement!! :crazy: It was really nasty!!!! Severe weather warnings, which I saw after the fact, of course. :rolleyes: I even had water pouring down the inside of one of my sliding doors (the fixed one)! Which is unusual, considering there's a large roof over the deck (and over the sliding door).

I had moved a couple of my containers, but some of my flowers are crunched!! :( I hope hope hope, they rebound!!

As is often the case, it's now calm and sunny out! :)

Wow! Did you really run and hide in the basement? Chick-EN!!!

I caught a cold on Saturday because of this cool weather! Rainy tonight.

The weather has been good and bad. Last week we had a couple of funnel clouds in our area. According to the handy weather person, we get a few funnel clouds every year. I can honestly say I've never seen one until now. It's a very creepy experience. All I could think of was that tornado movie. :crazy: Today it is nice and almost 70. Should be this way until the weekend when it is supposed to rain again.

Oh My, you're not in Kansas either.
That is scary. Did you have a lot of damage? Hopefully your flowers will pop back.

Doesn't it give you a kick. The sun comes out right after a horrible storm and it's as though nothing happened.

Thanks Kim for noticing I'm not in my hot tub pic mood. This weird weather made me do it. I'm afraid to get in the hot tub. It is not a place I'd like to be when lightening strikes. :eek:

I like your Columbine, very pretty. Is that one of yours?:flower:

Marydmjj, funnel clouds!? That's very frightening. I hope you headed for the basement. How are your plants holding up?

Originally posted by Tulirose
Wow! Did you really run and hide in the basement? Chick-EN!!!

I had my water, cell phone, handy giant Mag light (flashlight), and a box of kleenex....lol...all ready to go, as fast as my chicken legs would take me! :p

You haven't been in your hottub yet, Deb? :eek: Thank you about the pic! Yes, it's from my garden. :)

Seeing a funnel cloud would have me flying to the basement, feathers and all!!! :eek: That must of been creepy, Mary!!! Yikes!

When we moved to Ohio, I was a bit disturbed by all of the "safe" from tornado areas at my school. Haven't seen any firsthand, but the area around the school had been hit by a bad one a few years ago.

Now, we are enjoying beautiful days, sunny, on the cooler side and not with the humidity that's so taxing.

I hope all have a pleasant day today!

Bobbi:boat:

We were at my son's track meet and the kids were saying "cool, a tornado"! Anyway, a funnel cloud is really nothing major. It's rain and moisture swirling around and it doesn't touch the ground. We had tons of rain and some thunder and lightening but no damage to plants or person.

If the neighbours wouldn't be able to see me, I'd put on my bathing suit and run through the sprinkler!! :tongue:

It's a scorcher here today....approx. 88 degrees with high humidity (feels like 100+). Melting weather!!

We could be in for some major thunder-boomers tonight!

:sunny:

We haven't had scortchers here in SW Ohio. I don't think we've had (m)any days above 90. We have high humidity, and usually we get afternoon thunderstorms, but it's been dry recently. DH likes it, the grass doesn't grow too much, hence no mowing.

Bobbi:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter