***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

We took our 18 month old to our local fireworks last night. We wanted to see how he would do so we knew what to expect at Disney. I was worried he was going to be scared but he loved them !!

Wow your staying at my bucket list resort AKL. I so desperately wish to stay there one day. I'm seeing Sugary Ray perform too, cant wait.
It's our bucket list too. I can't believe we got it switching our trip this late in the game. DH loves sugar ray, and we miss it every year by days so this year he said that's it, we're switching our dates.:rotfl:

I just wanted to mention I got an email from Touring Plans. My dates are the 24th through the 28th. Touring Plans adjusted their anticipated crowd levels down for every day I'm there! Yay me (and anybody staying then)! I mean, take it for what it's worth, but I'll take it! :cool1:
I was so happy. We moved our dates yesterday to the end of September from the beginning and the only negative was I remembered the crowd levels higher. But when I looked it actually went down at the end and up at he beginning. Not much but like you said, I'll take it.

It's our bucket list too. I can't believe we got it switching our trip this late in the game. DH loves sugar ray, and we miss it every year by days so this year he said that's it, we're switching our dates.:rotfl:
Awesome news. Crossing my fingers maybe someday I will stay there. So happy when the bands were listed saw Sugar Ray and changed one of my epcot days just to see them. First time for me doing Food and Wine as well, so psyched I am. Maybe I will get to tour F&W with some of the great people off this board too. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Does anyone know what Touring plans is projecting for the week of September 3rd through 9th

Our plan is getting there! I'm pretty sure I have our day-by-day schedule locked in. I was bummed last week when TP updated their expected crowd calendar and two of my days jumped up. :guilty: I'm just telling myself that it's still aways out, and it may change again. Anyway, how does this look? All park days will be RD to close, any slowing down or breaks will be in the park. We haven't been to WDW in 20 years, and who knows when we'll be back! No time to leave!

Friday, 9/15 - Arrive, check-in to ASMo. Arrival is 8pm, so will probably just go straight to bed.
Saturday, 9/16 - DHS - have ADRs for lunch at 50's Cafe and for the SW dessert party
Sunday, 9/17 - Check-out ASMo, hoping for lunch ADR at Beaches & Cream (have to try that kitchen sink! :hyper:), Disney Springs, check-in to Summer Bay Resort
Monday, 9/18 - EP - ADR for lunch at Garden Grill, DH is excited to see Air Supply that evening!
Tuesday, 9/19 (my birthday!) - MNSSHP - have ADR for 6:05 at BOG, but will probably cancel and stick with the one on 9/21
Wednesday, 9/20 - Relax day - probably will just spend the day at the resort
Thursday, 9/21 - MK - ADR for early dinner at BOG
Friday, 9/22 - DAK - ADR for lunch at Tusker House
Saturday, 9/23 - Driving over to Kennedy Space Center, beach time, dinner hopefully beach-side with a view (any recommendations??)
Sunday, 9/24 - Departure day :sad:

FP+ in 2 weeks, and then I can tweak my daily touring plans! Have my list of those I must try to get. To clarify, if I'm reading everything correctly, since I'm only staying on property 9/15-16, when my window opens up I can book FP+ for DHS only since that's the only park we're visiting during our stay on property? Then it's a rolling day-by-day reservation process? So, on 7/17 I do DHS, 7/19 I can do EP, 7/22 I can do MK and 7/23 I can do DAK. I appreciate any help clarifying this! I'm in information overload. LOL! I don't have our tickets yet for MNSSHP, I'll worry about those FP+ when I get the tickets.

FYI re: Chef Mickey

June 30, 2017 Update: Guests with Advance Dining Reservations for Chef Mickey’s between July 28, 2017 and August 13, 2017 are currently being contacted concerning unplanned maintenance at Chef Mickey’s.

During this time, the character dining buffet will relocate to the convention center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for all meals. It’s unclear what this previously unplanned maintenance entails or whether it will last past August 13, 2017, but we will keep you posted!

Hope it doesn't go through September.

Our plan is getting there! I'm pretty sure I have our day-by-day schedule locked in. I was bummed last week when TP updated their expected crowd calendar and two of my days jumped up. :guilty: I'm just telling myself that it's still aways out, and it may change again. Anyway, how does this look? All park days will be RD to close, any slowing down or breaks will be in the park. We haven't been to WDW in 20 years, and who knows when we'll be back! No time to leave!

Friday, 9/15 - Arrive, check-in to ASMo. Arrival is 8pm, so will probably just go straight to bed.
Saturday, 9/16 - DHS - have ADRs for lunch at 50's Cafe and for the SW dessert party
Sunday, 9/17 - Check-out ASMo, hoping for lunch ADR at Beaches & Cream (have to try that kitchen sink! :hyper:), Disney Springs, check-in to Summer Bay Resort
Monday, 9/18 - EP - ADR for lunch at Garden Grill, DH is excited to see Air Supply that evening!
Tuesday, 9/19 (my birthday!) - MNSSHP - have ADR for 6:05 at BOG, but will probably cancel and stick with the one on 9/21
Wednesday, 9/20 - Relax day - probably will just spend the day at the resort
Thursday, 9/21 - MK - ADR for early dinner at BOG
Friday, 9/22 - DAK - ADR for lunch at Tusker House
Saturday, 9/23 - Driving over to Kennedy Space Center, beach time, dinner hopefully beach-side with a view (any recommendations??)
Sunday, 9/24 - Departure day :sad:

FP+ in 2 weeks, and then I can tweak my daily touring plans! Have my list of those I must try to get. To clarify, if I'm reading everything correctly, since I'm only staying on property 9/15-16, when my window opens up I can book FP+ for DHS only since that's the only park we're visiting during our stay on property? Then it's a rolling day-by-day reservation process? So, on 7/17 I do DHS, 7/19 I can do EP, 7/22 I can do MK and 7/23 I can do DAK. I appreciate any help clarifying this! I'm in information overload. LOL! I don't have our tickets yet for MNSSHP, I'll worry about those FP+ when I get the tickets.

You can book fp for 60 days out during your onsite stay. Then the offsite stay you can book at 30 days.

Editing. You also can't book fp during parties.

Hi kids, today is our official 60 day count down. All the FPs have been secured, MNSSHP booked, ADRs all set and checked in online at the Poly! See you there! :cool1:

Just curious, did you get FPs for FoP or 7DMT? If you did, did you have any trouble getting them?

Hello everyone! Been a while since I've posted here on the DIS, but our kid-free trip is fast approaching!
We're actually starting out with a cruise Sept. 14-18 and then we'll be checking into POP on the 18th and staying through the 23rd (flying home that day, so the 22nd is really our last day.)
The hubs and I went in 2009 for our honeymoon and then took our Brady Bunch blended family for our first family trip in 2011 and then back again in 2013 and 2015 (minus the oldest child that time as he had moved out on his own.) Now, my daughter is headed off to college in August and my stepson that used to live with us decided he wanted to live with mom again, so we'll be empty nesters and thought the best way to celebrate that was with an adults only trip just like our honeymoon!

You can book fp for 60 days out during your onsite stay. Then the offsite stay you can book at 30 days.

Editing. You also can't book fp during parties.

On the parties, from what I read, I can book FP+ for 4pm, ending no later than 6:30pm.

Onsite RO Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

This is on the FP+ FAQ thread. I was really just wanting to clarify the dates I listed. I want to make sure I understand the "rolling 60".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter