Oh NO!!! They're Back Already!!!

Mid-late September sounds about right to me. I'm not a big Pumpkin Spice everything fan, but I did like the Pumpkin Spice Cheerios last year.

Yeah, the company I work for is bringing back Pumpkin Spice coffee next week. Until two years ago, they at least used to wait until after Labor Day. The thing is, most stores report that much of it is wasted and thrown out until mid-September.
I love Wawa pumpkin spice but on principle won't drink it until Labor Day. I'll stick with Guatemalan (as long as it lasts) or Cuban.

Have to say that I am almost excited to be able to experience this whole pumpkin thing when we are there in October! It just isn't a thing in my country, in any form. I mean, I have roast pumpkin with my roast lamb or roast chicken, and I make pumpkin soup, oh and I make a really nice pumpkin risotto. But that is really it - pumpkin spiced stuff is an exciting new world for me!

(We don't even do pumpkin pie. I don't even know what pumpkin pie is! I mean, is it savoury, is it sweet - is it in pastry? I have NO idea!!!)

Eeek! Indeed a frightening sight. I'm not a fan of pumpkin foods, what ever form they come in.

Interesting, never saw the cheerios in that flavor, ever try them? Actually I am looking forward to fall, it is so hot. So I won't get upset with the pumpkin stuff.

I bought the Cheerios for my daughter in law at the grocery store this week, she loves them! They smelled a little too nutmeg-ish to me. My daughter liked them too.

Seems a bit early, but I do love autumn and pumpkins. :) My favorite is pumpkin spice creamer for my coffee. :love:

That's ok, I just saw Christmas ribbon at Costco today.
Went to Costco yesterday--Halloween costumes to the right of me and to the left of me was Christmas ribbon, flameless candles and candles that have the small wax refills (like scentsy)-though those scents were fall ones so it was an odd placement next to the Christmass stuff.

But I was surprised not to see more Halloween stuff.

Went to Costco yesterday--Halloween costumes to the right of me and to the left of me was Christmas ribbon, flameless candles and candles that have the small wax refills (like scentsy)-though those scents were fall ones so it was an odd placement next to the Christmass stuff.

But I was surprised not to see more Halloween stuff.

Stuck in the middle... were you! We need a music note icon! :)

Have to say that I am almost excited to be able to experience this whole pumpkin thing when we are there in October! It just isn't a thing in my country, in any form. I mean, I have roast pumpkin with my roast lamb or roast chicken, and I make pumpkin soup, oh and I make a really nice pumpkin risotto. But that is really it - pumpkin spiced stuff is an exciting new world for me!

(We don't even do pumpkin pie. I don't even know what pumpkin pie is! I mean, is it savoury, is it sweet - is it in pastry? I have NO idea!!!)

I'd say pumpkin pie is more savoury than sweet. Some recipes call for sugar, other don't. It's a custard-type filling with a bottom pastry crust. No top crust. Top it with whipped cream is desired.

17feadeb-c42c-41e5-b60b-e260159d159f.jpg

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/23439/perfect-pumpkin-pie/

Noooo!!!!!!!!!!

I might be ready for Fall when it comes here.
But, right now I am enjoying some warm, sunny, Summer weather while I can!

I do make a really good Pumpkin Pie over the holidays!
Use the recipe on the back of a Libby's can...
Add extra 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Almost twice as much spice... I just add up the total amount of the different spices called for, and use that much Pumpkin Pie Spice.

I make a nice home-made pie crust. (HATE fakey pre-fab crusts... No comparison!)
It really is good!
I know a lot of people say they love my pumpkin pies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter