OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

Well let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

I haven't heard back.....:rolleyes: I told them I wanted the job but was hoping to negotiate on the pay.... I will call in a bit if I dont hear anything. :confused3

UPDATE: I just heard back and didn't get the more money I was hoping for... :( BUT it was worth a shot and took a lot for me to stand up for myself... Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It was time I pulled up my Big Girl Panties and acted like an adult... Not thouroughly enjoying it, but such is life! ;) No going back now...

Hello Hello! WHaTs New ouT THere? My obsession is inTo Fulll Swing!! AHHHH!:confused3 I was being soooo good Too!!??:thumbsup2

:lmao: Hellooooo Jenniferrrrrr!! I am also addicted. It started in 2002 when may DH took me for the first time, our 8th anniversary. Been back every year since. We are going this year 12/5-12/14. DH has to pick vacation out a year ahead so we are already planning for the 2009 trip. Trying to decide if we want to go for our anniversary 10/08, my birthday11/04 or the Holidays again. What is the concensus here? We really don't want to go in the summer and will just be getting back when the 4/3 deal goes into effect--dang it!! I am also addicted to Vera Bradley--now what if they came out with a Disney Hidden Mickey Vera Bradley bag??? I would have an overdose ......:cloud9: :rotfl2:

:lmao: Hellooooo Jenniferrrrrr!! I am also addicted. It started in 2002 when may DH took me for the first time, our 8th anniversary. Been back every year since. We are going this year 12/5-12/14. DH has to pick vacation out a year ahead so we are already planning for the 2009 trip. Trying to decide if we want to go for our anniversary 10/08, my birthday11/04 or the Holidays again. What is the concensus here? We really don't want to go in the summer and will just be getting back when the 4/3 deal goes into effect--dang it!! I am also addicted to Vera Bradley--now what if they came out with a Disney Hidden Mickey Vera Bradley bag??? I would have an overdose ......:cloud9: :rotfl2:

My addiction has been further fueled by winning a DIS Unplugged Podcast cruise. :banana: I am sooooooo excited I can't stand it.

I would pick Disney for your birthday (free admission).:yay:

Whats the deal with the free birthday admission. Can you park hop? Are there blackout dates?

Jodie

No blackout dates. See below.

COMPLIMENTARY BIRTHDAY THEME PARK ADMISSION

** You can either pre-register for your complimentary birthday admission or fill out forms at the gate. The following restrictions apply:

You must be 18 to register online. If you are under the age of 18, an adult must register for you
You must produce proof of your birth date and appropriate ID which includes a Driver's license, State or Government issued ID or Government issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and do not have any of the above, either an original or notarized birth certificate must be shown
This offer applies to guests ages 3 and up and is open to all
If you arrive prior to your birthday, you can pick up your birthday ticket up to seven days in advance at a "Will Call" window. The ticket will only be valid on your birthday
You can upgrade your ticket at an additional cost and it can only be used by the birthday celebrant. Select guests who receive the One Day/One Park ticket which is valid for 12 months may not upgrade it.

If you have a multi-day ticket or are a Seasonal/Annual Passholder, you can choose from the following options:

A One Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket which can be used anytime before your next birthday
A special "Birthday FastPass" for the celebrant and up to 5 members in his/her party - NOTE: These are limited and may not be available after 11:00am
A Birthday Fun Card equal in price to a One Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket that can be used on your birthday for merchandise, activites and activities. (Adults receive the equivalent of an adult ticket, kids age 3 -9 get the equivalent of a child's ticket)

No blackout dates. See below.

COMPLIMENTARY BIRTHDAY THEME PARK ADMISSION

** You can either pre-register for your complimentary birthday admission or fill out forms at the gate. The following restrictions apply:

You must be 18 to register online. If you are under the age of 18, an adult must register for you
You must produce proof of your birth date and appropriate ID which includes a Driver's license, State or Government issued ID or Government issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and do not have any of the above, either an original or notarized birth certificate must be shown
This offer applies to guests ages 3 and up and is open to all
If you arrive prior to your birthday, you can pick up your birthday ticket up to seven days in advance at a "Will Call" window. The ticket will only be valid on your birthday
You can upgrade your ticket at an additional cost and it can only be used by the birthday celebrant. Select guests who receive the One Day/One Park ticket which is valid for 12 months may not upgrade it.

If you have a multi-day ticket or are a Seasonal/Annual Passholder, you can choose from the following options:

A One Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket which can be used anytime before your next birthday
A special "Birthday FastPass" for the celebrant and up to 5 members in his/her party - NOTE: These are limited and may not be available after 11:00am
A Birthday Fun Card equal in price to a One Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket that can be used on your birthday for merchandise, activites and activities. (Adults receive the equivalent of an adult ticket, kids age 3 -9 get the equivalent of a child's ticket)

Thanks!!

J

txg02.gif
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
txg01.gif

I know I've fallen off the wagon here with my Disboard duties. I STILL haven't uploaded my photos from our October trip and now in three weeks we are heading back to Disney. Life with teenagers is hectic! Mom's taxi service is so busy chauffering to activities and jobs, that I hardly have any time to myself.

Grendalynn...sorry about the job, but happy to hear you stood up for what you wanted. Its good preparation for the next time. You should be proud you asked for what you wanted. :goodvibes

:surfweb: I haven't been on in a while, since mid-november... but wanted to be sure to drop in and say MERRY CHRSTMAS to all my fellow Dis-addicts/friends! And send a HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR WISH to all! :goodvibes

:wizard: Now with this working full time business, and Christmas too, I had very little time to get on The Dis! I thought about it this orning when I first woke up, but had to use a little self disciplin and do a little organize of yesterdas aftermath before I could jump in!! Does that mean I am almost cured of my Disney Obsession??? Of course not!! I have been onine ghost pricing some vacation scenarios for next spring (2010)... I have beenbitten by the Disney Bug again and am starting to feel some more disney obsessing coming back on..

:laughing: I wouldnt have it any other way!!! How is everyone out there? Did everyone have a great Holiday? Getting some time off with the family?? I have to only work a couple of days over Winter Break. We are taking the boys to see BEd Time Story this weekend and plan to spend some QT here!! Toodelooo!:rolleyes1

OK, so my Disney Obsession flamed up again less than a week ago.... I have been so busy with the added days to my work schedule, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Christmas shopping, kids, husband, life,sports and all that jazz... But I logged into The Dis, poked around on WDW/Disney Online and now its in over drive!

DH said that WDW is def. out this year, but when we get our tax return we can book a Spring 2010 wee long WDW Trip!!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: Yes, I know Iam only able to book into Dec 2009, but my plan is to book something comparable to what our trip will be, start paying and saving until August and then switch it to what we really want!! :banana: :cloud9:

DH closed down his business a couple months ago, so I am not sure what will be in the budget next year. Even thought he slid into a job comparable to the money he was making while self employed, the fringe benefits and vacation flexibility are not the same. We are opting out of a Florida vacation this year and will probably do a vacation closer to home this summer. Thats why think if I start paying a bit here and there, thn switch the date in August, we will be in better shape. It will help us save and finance the trip that much more easily!! Thats my rationl anyway.... :confused:

:dance3: Now I get to buy a new WDW planning book and decide what will fit our new budget the best! DSs will be 11, 7 and 3 when we go, so that wil:wizard: :dance3: l put us in a dfferent catagory from when we went the last time!! So Exciting!! Sorry for the rambling - its just so exciting!:woohoo:

:goodvibes Good Morning!! :surfweb:

I am a little later checking in than I wanted to be.... but I am here with coffee in hand!! My obsession with everything Disney is in full swing, high speed!! I am thinking we will be able to afford a week long stay in a mod next spring.... would have liked to do a deluxe again, but with DHs change in jobs and DS9 then being 11, and DS2 then 3.5, it will bump us up into a diff price bracket. I was looking at POR but DH likes CSR, although CBR has their own dedicated bus .... :confused3 :confused3 Uh oh - looks like I am going to have to start researching all of this!!??!? :woohoo: YAY!!

However, DH saw a commercial on Travel Channel (New years there was a special about "Disney on a Dime" but it started at 2AM:mad: ) the other night about cruisng or soemthing carribbean. Since DCL is out of the question, maybe we will consider an alternative vacation next year and do WDW in 2011.:scared1: :scared1: :confused: That will still keep me in the 2 to 3 year mark.... For as much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney, I would still like my boys to experience other things and places.... I did it as a kid, and hope we can do the same for my own....

Thats all I have for now, housework is calling. :thumbsup2 I promised DH to have the house in tip top shape by this afternoon where we didnt lift a finger at all yesterday. :laundy: We werent recovering from New Years by any means, but we were up late New Years Eve and just wanted a day to be lazy!!

I haven't been on this board in awhile but it's time to make that New Years resolution and kick it into high gear! LOL!!:lmao:

I'm not sure when our next family trip will be....we're thinking in 3 years, only because we've had two trips in the last 1 1/2 years and that way we will have less to bring with us...strollers, baby backpacks, sippy cups, diapers, etal will be all gone by then and the kids will really be at a great age. But we'll see..I can not wait that long to go again!!;) If I have my way, we'd go every year.....

That being said, laying in bed Christmas night, I said to my DH, if we had a boatload of money, I would take my Mom and sister next year for my Mom's 60th birthday. She took us as kids, it's been a looong time since we've done anything (mother and daughters) that she would LOVE a trip to Disney....he siad to research it...doesn't he know what that means to an addict? BOOK A TRIP!!:scared1: So, we'll research it and see what I can come up with....we don't have a boat load of money but with all the deals...maybe??:confused3

Okay...off to my motherly duties....baby calling..happy new year everyone!!:wizard:

I haven't been on this board in awhile but it's time to make that New Years resolution and kick it into high gear! LOL!!:lmao:

I'm not sure when our next family trip will be....we're thinking in 3 years, only because we've had two trips in the last 1 1/2 years and that way we will have less to bring with us...strollers, baby backpacks, sippy cups, diapers, etal will be all gone by then and the kids will really be at a great age. But we'll see..I can not wait that long to go again!!;) If I have my way, we'd go every year.....

That being said, laying in bed Christmas night, I said to my DH, if we had a boatload of money, I would take my Mom and sister next year for my Mom's 60th birthday. She took us as kids, it's been a looong time since we've done anything (mother and daughters) that she would LOVE a trip to Disney....he siad to research it...doesn't he know what that means to an addict? BOOK A TRIP!!:scared1: So, we'll research it and see what I can come up with....we don't have a boat load of money but with all the deals...maybe??:confused3

:cool1: That sounds like a lot of fun! Look into Value Suites... it might not be the Taj Mahal, but it is WDW with your family! Doesnt matter where you stay as long as you get to go to DIsney! Thats where I am at right now... The budget is a bit smaller than it has ben in years past, but I will save and save to be able to go on vacation with my family. Be it WDW or somewhere else...

Okay...off to my motherly duties....baby calling..happy new year everyone!!:wizard:

:surfweb: Yeah, that what I thought - "only one post, only one post"... BUTI have been here for about 4 posts now and am still in my bathrobe and the boys ae still in their jammes! Oh well, what is vacation for?? Going to get dressed now and make some beds, then I will be back! I wil put it on Dis Radio while I am plugging away... See you real soon!:wizard: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

I am new to the boards and can see how addicting it can be. We are going to Disney in May my DD1 second time and DD2 first time. I am so excited to take my 6yr she is so into all that is Disney!!

Hi, My name is Emily and I'm addicted to Disney planning. :surfweb:

Can we set up a support group meeting at WDW? I'll plan it! :lmao:

(Ironically I'm typing this message while there is an AA commerical on TV!)

I am new to the boards and can see how addicting it can be. We are going to Disney in May my DD1 second time and DD2 first time. I am so excited to take my 6yr she is so into all that is Disney!!

:WELCOME:! IT'S A GREAT THING TO BE ADDICTED TO! I can think of many worse things... probably just as expensive of an addiction to have, but family friendly! :rotfl:

Hi, My name is Emily and I'm addicted to Disney planning. :surfweb:

Can we set up a support group meeting at WDW? I'll plan it! :lmao:

(Ironically I'm typing this message while there is an AA commerical on TV!)

I am game! Tell me when and where... could that be a write off for a medical expense? ha ha! :goodvibes

Just checking in from work! Hope everyone is havinga good day!! :surfweb:

Same here, addicted to DisBoards :lmao: Some of my friends are also having a trip on May and they are excited to pack and crazy thinking about the upcoming trip :laughing:

Where will you plan to stay? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter