Our first exchange experience through DVC...

natt

DIS Veteran
I have not been on the DisBoards since April and I'm finally getting around to getting back on here, only because I'm playing with dates and numbers to plan our next trip to Disney in '08. BUT... I just wanted to take the time to make a positive post!

We completed our first Interval exchange through DVC and I would most definitely say it was a success all around!!:banana:

We had put in for a search back sometime in winter of 2006 for an August exchange at Virginia Beach,VA. By early December '06, we had the discussion that maybe it was time to go with plan 'B', pull the search, and again return to WDW. It was as if it was kharma that we had that discussion, because within two days later, we got a call from MS saying they'd found a match for a 2 bedroom at the Ocean Beach Club (a Gold Key resort still under several phases of construction) for the week of August 12-19. We booked the exchange, and put it on the back burner until this summer.

I just want to say how pleased we were with the exchange we made. I have read on here to be very wary to exchanges, but in this case I feel our accomodations were every bit up to par as what anyone could expect from Disney. I will be honest that on check in, they mentioned that even though we weren't owners, they'd like for us to attend a "members" meeting with one of the perks being one free pass to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg.. which was in our plans anyway, so we said "sure". Well, low and behold, we walked into the "Discovery Center" and we immediately knew we would be set up with a salesperson... which we were.;) He could not stop commenting on what a "fete" it had been that we had gotten a high-season exchange (which we agreed was true)..But then he started with the salespitch of why we should want to buy there in addtion to our DVC. It didn't take long before he figured out that we were only there for the comp ticket, and he left us go without much pressure.:thumbsup2

I did want to take the time to post and say that we had a very positive experience with this first time exchange. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.:yay:

~Natt

He could not stop commenting on what a "fete" it had been that we had gotten a high-season exchange (which we agreed was true)..But then he started with the salespitch of why we should want to buy there in addtion to our DVC.
You know, our DVC sales person said just about the same thing about our being in BWV on an (inbound) exchange! :rotfl: It is a common line ... it seems truly amazing that any of us ever get anywhere.

Glad it worked out for you -- thanks for sharing a success story!

You know, our DVC sales person said just about the same thing about our being in BWV on an (inbound) exchange! :rotfl: It is a common line ... it seems truly amazing that any of us ever get anywhere.

Glad it worked out for you -- thanks for sharing a success story!
LOL, common line and half truth for most timeshares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter