Places you would never want to go on Hoilday

Mexico

The Middle East, but my husband really wants me to see Dubai with him. We'll see.

There is no place I would never want to go. There are some places, I don't want to go to "right now" because of safety and other reasons.

Same here. Its an amazing world, no part of it is boring. I have been lucky to travel around Europe a lot and the US but my bucket list is endless...

And all of you who wrote Middle East -- I invite you to visit me in Israel :drinking:beach is 10 mins away so no need for cruising, best food both street and fancy and you get everythinv from history, religion to nature within a few hours drive.

Ive also been to Jordan and Turkey, hope to visit Egypt someday (my parents have).

I live minutes from Atlantic City. I find it hard to believe anyone would want to visit there.

The only reason I would ever visit there is because it's within driving distance of Gordon Ramsey's Beef Wellington. It's far enough away where I'd have to spend the night.

Hawaii, I don't know why but I don't. We were just talking about this with friends last night.

Hawaii, I don't know why but I don't. We were just talking about this with friends last night.

My MIL doesn't want to go to Hawaii ever either. She lived in Puerto Rico for most of her life, so islands aren't a draw for her.

Same here. Its an amazing world, no part of it is boring. I have been lucky to travel around Europe a lot and the US but my bucket list is endless...

And all of you who wrote Middle East -- I invite you to visit me in Israel :drinking:beach is 10 mins away so no need for cruising, best food both street and fancy and you get everythinv from history, religion to nature within a few hours drive.

Ive also been to Jordan and Turkey, hope to visit Egypt someday (my parents have).

True. I would love to see Egypt.

Why all the camping hate?

I like what someone said about never saying never - I certainly may change my mind. (And I was more adventurous when I was younger, so there's that.) But right now, I have no desire to go anywhere "dangerous" - meaning anything from from war zones to crazy leaders to unsafe water to epidemics. And I've got so many places I want to go, that even places there's nothing wrong with wouldn't make the cut!

So to attempt an answer, I'll go with the ones that other people I know particularly want to visit, and are surprised I don't - India (on my brother and SIL's bucket list), Central America (like cruise ports), and Australia (which used to be high on my list, until I watched too many "deadliest animals" countdowns and realized everything there is out to kill you! :rotfl:)

The Ark Encounter. Well I can't say never. For example if it ever became something worth going to, I'd go. But as of now why would I pay all that money ($50 per adult plus parking to go into what is essentially a B ticket Disney attraction all by its lonesome. It has a few fake animals in cages, and a few dioramas and a petting zoo. Lots of reading signs on the wall. Nothing remotely fun about it. And really, the most impressive thing about it is the view from the outside.

Because sleeping in a canvas/plastic triangle laid on the ground outside isn't my idea of fun. Sure, sitting around a campfire is neat, and I love doing outdoor activities. However, when they're done let me get back in my car and head home or to a hotel.

I don't even like camp fires. I hate the smell of smoke.

I also am allergic to basically everything outdoors, am high maintenance when it comes to sleeping, and cannot stand dirt and bugs.

I don't understand why people who like camping are often so fanatical about it and cannot understand why some people don't enjoy it. I know a lot of people like this.

I can’t think of anywhere I wouldn’t want to try for a few days.

Pripyat or North Korea would be real interesting to visit.

I actually have no desire to travel anywhere outside of my country. There is so much of it that I haven't seen and want to see that I don't have time to worry about going anywhere else. I've got too much I want to see right here. So, I guess my list would be rather long.

Mexico
Western Africa
Iran
Iraq
Afghanistan
Somalia
Libya
North Korea
Syria
Yemen
Venezuela
Sri Lanka
Turkey
Nicaragua

There's probably other places. Basically, if it's a level 3 or 4 with the US State Department, I won't go there. We were supposed to go to Sri Lanka in July and just cancelled.

I like what someone said about never saying never - I certainly may change my mind. (And I was more adventurous when I was younger, so there's that.) But right now, I have no desire to go anywhere "dangerous" - meaning anything from from war zones to crazy leaders to unsafe water to epidemics. And I've got so many places I want to go, that even places there's nothing wrong with wouldn't make the cut!

So to attempt an answer, I'll go with the ones that other people I know particularly want to visit, and are surprised I don't - India (on my brother and SIL's bucket list), Central America (like cruise ports), and Australia (which used to be high on my list, until I watched too many "deadliest animals" countdowns and realized everything there is out to kill you! :rotfl:)

Because I don't want to spend my vacation time/dollars living like a homeless person lol! I like my vacation accommodations to be at least on par with what I have at home, preferably even better.

There are very few "nations" I avoid...North Korea, Iraq and Iran. There are PORTIONS of almost any other country I will avoid, but not the entire country. I will not travel to parts of Mexico, but there are other parts that are much safer than where I live in the US. Shrug. There is no travel warning on Mexico. There are parts of some states in Mexico where you are advised not to go. Not the entire country. I love to travel. I have pretty broad horizons.

What's interesting is that I know people who won't travel to the US because they are afraid of being gunned down. Not an irrational fear based on reporting of many recent mass killings. However, we all know that as a general rule, there are large parts of the US that are "safe" for all kinds of travel.

It's a shame people paint with a broad brush about the safety of other places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter