Please tell me about your favorite DLR meals

MeanestMomEver

Oh Boy!
I'd like to try a variety of table and quick service meals during our upcoming 5 day visit. First DLR trip for DH and first trip for me in 42 years!

I'd love to hear about any of your favorite meals or snacks that I must try, especially those unique to DLR.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Bonus points for photos!

I second Earl of Sandwich in DtD.

Lobster Nachos at Cove Bar are amazing. They have great cocktails too. Super fun atmosphere.

I also have to get a Mickey Pretzel when Im at DLR. It's a tradition. Bavarian Pretzels at Sonoma Terrace are a good alternative, although not as cute as a Mickey shaped one!

Carthay Circle - such good food! We did the Frozen Lunch Package and everything about that lunch was delicious!

I also LOVE the Mac and Cheese in a bread cone at the Cozy Cone in DCA.

Experience and food wise, I like Ariels Grotto.

I wasn't thrilled with Blue Bayou, honestly. It was so-so. I do, however, LOVE getting a grilled cheese and soup at Jolly Holiday. Perfect.

Oh...and the beignets at RB in DtD.

Dole whips on a hot day....:cool1:

Churros...duh.

**Monte Cristos at Café Orleans (need a reservation)...it was on my bucket list and was beyond amazing!
**A churro
**Dole Whip from the Tiki Juice bar by the tiki Room
**Chili cone queso from a cozy cone in Carsland
**Corn Dog from the Corn Dog Castle
**My daughter always has to have Clam Chowder in a bread bowl from Harbour Galley
**Skewers from the Bengal tiger
**Mint Julip

We also love getting 1 fun drink to share at the restaurants as they each seem to have a different one!

Have a magical time!

Hope you don't mind me watching this thread. I was getting ready to post a very similar question since my family is planning our first trip next May. Looking forward to hearing everyone's responses!

2017-08-16_12-32-22.jpg 2017-08-16_12-30-47.jpg 2017-08-16_12-33-46.jpg 2017-08-16_12-34-47.jpg 2017-08-16_12-35-02.jpg 2017-08-16_12-35-16.jpg

Alllll of my favorites in Disneyland and DCA!

First the delightfully different Spicy Meatball Skewers and their delicious sides at Paradise Garden Grill. As a bonus, the large shaded seating area often has a lively live band playing!

Next, a classic Mickey waffle brunch at Steakhouse 55 at the DLH. All the breakfast food was so well prepared, and it is a nice departure from the standard Park breakfast.

And then, ahhhh, the perfect Standard Park Breakfast, the adorable Mickey pancake available at Rancho Del Zocalo. A bonus at this location is watching the joyful riders on Big Thunder as they complete their Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Then a Dole Whip Float, enjoyed from the patio seating at the Jolly Holiday Bakery. But they taste better when you are IN the Tiki Room...!

Next up are the hand dipped corndogs, a Disneyland favorite! We got these at DCA where they are best accompanied by an icy cold beer!

Lastly, my overpriced frozen drink from the Cove Bar, but the price was worth it for the views and entertainment provided by the bartenders and other guests around the bar. Don't be afraid to snag those seats at the bar!

Those are my must do's, plus the Plaza Inn's fried chicken! Also, sooooo many treats from the candy stores, especially those thick cookies and the English Toffee! Those 2 find their way into my luggage every time!

Last edited:
Pomme Frites (extremely good), gumbo and the best beignets at Cafe Orleans. Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn. Street tacos at Rancho Del Zocalo. Dole Whip Float by the Tiki Room. A churo at any cart (cash only). And bananas foster french toast at Sunday brunch, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in downtown Disney.

Last edited:
- The Holiday sandwich at Earl's
- Chimichanga from the carts
- churros
- Asian Chicken salad at Boudin's (I get the bread bowl on the side so we can munch on it through the afternoon)
- A treat from Pooh's Corner: gingerbread is my fav, but many things are good
- Matterhorn macaroon from Jolly Holiday
- Mickey raspberry macaron from Jolly Holiday
- Bagel twist from Maurice's cart
- Frozen apple juice (several locations)
- fried pickles at Carnation Cafe
- beignets by French Market
- English toffee to take home

Dill pickle popcorn from the cozy cones in carsland, turkey sandwich at jolly holiday bakery, honeycomb from any of the stores that sell candy, churro, chicken skewer from bengal BBQ, dole whip…

The Carmel French toast is to die for at Storytellers cafe in GCH! We also like the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn and of course dole whips. My favorite treat at Pooh's corner is the marshmallow wand dipped in Carmel and chocolate. Yummy!!

A sit down meal at Carthay Circle. The menu is seasonal and changes quarterly I believe.
Eggs Benedict at Carnation Cafe.
Jolly Holiday Salad.
Chicken skewer and vegetable skewer at Bengal Barbeque.

Shrimp and grits at Brennan's Jazz kitchen (do NOT get the pasta jambalaya--it's their signature dish, but I didn't think it worked. I ended up eating half the shrimp and grits off my partner's plate). Also recommend their soup trio.

Blue Bayou (my kids get the monte cristo. I think it tastes like a donut ham sandwich and it grosses me out, but ymmv as it's really popular. But the atmosphere is unique and the food last time we went was quite good--it has varied in the past, but we still always go.

Dole Whips (duh)

Fru fru drinks at Trader Sams

Also, Napa Rose, but not with kids. We went to the Chef's Counter last time and it was very special. So special that it's probably a one time event (glad we did it, but next time, we'll save some money and just get regular meals).

Last edited:
The atmosphere at Blue Bayou was our favorite - eating inside Pirates watching the boats go by was perfect to me.

We returned to Cozy Cone a number of times to try all the different cones - it was a ton of fun. The chili cone hit the spot.

Ariel's Grotto had really great character interaction. I didn't have a little kid with me, and all of the princesses still spent lots of time with us. The food was excellent, too.

My family really enjoys the experience of having the chicken dinner at Plaza Inn. It's the only space designed by Lillian Disney and is pretty much original. Sitting in the south atrium where it's often quiet, cool and has a great view of Main Streets makes for a nice break while still being emmersed in true Disney style.
The food is very good too!

Breakfast at tangaroa terrace at the disneyland hotel is really good and pretty cheap. We go there every trip, its nice and quiet, usually not busy at all and sometimes the disneyland cats will come wonder around and lay under the heat lamps.

And for dessert gotta get a churro funnel cake from hungry bear restaurant :stitch:

If you want to go all out on a table service dinner, Napa Rose won't disappoint. Seriously top shelf in every regard. Food, wine list, service, the dining room ... all amazing.

Like many I have a deep and abiding love for the red cart corndogs and Dole Whip. And good call on Tangaroa Terrace. It's nothing fancy, but it's a quiet little oasis with decent simple food at a good price.

This is a great thread. Thanks everyone for sharing. We are going to be in DL from 9/9-9/13 and already have reservations for Plaza breakfast, Café Orleans F!, Carthay WOC, and Storytellers Breakfast. Now I have plenty of QS meal and snack ideas for in between!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter