Please tell me about your favorite DLR meals

Follow up!

Thanks everyone for all the great recommendations. I thought I would report back since I just got home.

First, I have to say there just wasn't enough time to try all the things I put on my list but it was loads of fun trying new things.

I'll get the negativity out of the way first. I had some of the most horrible meals of my life this week. To be fair, i do not think any of it was the norm. I think I was just very unlucky. Therefore, I won't go into details or list locations because I don't want to spoil anyone's plans based on a freak bad prep job. In summary, I was served a chicken enchilada with a bone the size of a marble, a medium rare burger that was raw, and I DO mean raw, a French toast that was missing the caramel sauce completely and the cast members looked at me blankly when I asked about it, a mediocre steak, a huge disappointment at a CS because what was served was tiny compared to what we expected, a much anticipated pretzel that just didn't have the flavor and quality that I thought I recalled from a past trip, and we had to skip trying the Plaza chicken on departure day because the Canyon 2 fire was freaking us out and hubby wanted to leave for the airport early in case traffic became an issue. So, yay, got to have a Carl's Jr. Quesadilla instead.

The positives:
The matterhorn macaroon was every bit as fabulous as everyone said!
The Blue Bayou ambiance, service and gumbo were awesome.
World of Color dessert party was well worth the price.
Brioche French Toast from Flo's was terrific.
Fried pickles at carnation cafe were the best I've had.
The seasonal chicken pot pie at Flo's was the best thing I ate on the entire trip.

Thanks again Dis-ers!
I want to know where you are. ;)

Also, report this in an E-mail tO Disneyland. They need to know.

I second telling Disney about the service issues- those are pretty egregious! I think all the pot pies at Flo's must be pretty spectacular too. I tried a vegetarian one last year on a whim and was blown away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter