Poly Luau

We did this 2 years ago OOP (not on dining plan). My husband had been dying to do it for years so we did. IMO, it was a good show and if it was only one TS credit, I'd say go for it. But the food was okay and it was HOT. Although under cover, it was still open air, so no AC. No bueno in August. Glad we did it, but not a repeat thing for us.

We went once in November, it was okay. I thought the show was super boring until close to the last 20 minutes. We had tier 3 seating and it was hard to hear, we weren't really facing the stage, I had to turn my head and neck all the way to the right to see anything, which is awkward when having dinner with others and eating.

Food was okay. The dessert was good and the sangria was drinkable.

Price, pretty expensive, we used a Tables in Wonderland discount, but it was still about $60 per person I guess.
It does include house wine and sangria (think cheaper sangria that comes from the bottle) and beer (like Budweiser).

I probably wouldn't go again.

BUT, this is one of those things that I think most people should try for themselves, as most Disney experiences, your mileage may vary.

I love dinner shows but me (and the rest of my family) all thought this was really boring. Happy that we tried it but would never do it again. It felt so long, agree with PP that the only entertaining part was the end. We did not enjoy the food either.

I've read lots of negative reviews but I've done it twice and really enjoy it.

We've done it and enjoyed it but I'm not sure I'd use 2 TS credits. The last time we saw it the show was pretty kid-centric.

We were really excited for it when we went (August 2017), but we ended up disappointed. We thought the food was bland and the show was just meh. The first half of the show was a little cringe-worthy (it's a weird skit, sort of hard to describe), but we enjoyed the second half (traditional Polynesian dances, fire throwing).

I am looking for opinions on what the Poly Luau is like? Is it worth using a TS?
Of all the things we’ve done at Disney, this is the one I regret wasting money on. I found the show boring and cheesy and did not like the food. The only plus, I enjoyed watching my DD having fun dancing at the end. If you’re on the DDP and it’s one table service, I say try it...but two table service, I would definitely reconsider.

We thought the food was just ok and the show was just ok. That was several years ago and we have not gone back.

Food isn't too spectacular and the show is meh until they do the fire sequence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter