popup

Gatordad, it's a win/win really. With no monthly payment, you can afford to buy more beer. If you drink enough beer, you won't even notice it's a pop-up and not your 5'er. :lmao:

Gatordad, it's a win/win really. With no monthly payment, you can afford to buy more beer. If you drink enough beer, you won't even notice it's a pop-up and not your 5'er. :lmao:

true..... if i drink enough, i[ll think i'm at the Ritz.

i do because the new owners haven't come get it yet.

Perhaps the new owners are waiting for you to paint it the correct shade of blue before it can be seen on their trailer ;):goodvibes

But theres ONE THING that makes me love my popup MORE than even the classiest ClassA......ITS PAID FOR!! It "sits in my garage" alot more than "I SIT IN IT"...so all of the INBETWEEN TRIPS downtime doesnt cost me a dime, where as MOST folks have a sizable monthly payment thats due whether its getting used or not!!!

That, my Cajun friend, is the exact reason that we don't go to the Fort as much as we'd like to. We're really in a catch 22 because our MH is 1/4 paid for (so I don't want to lose what we've already invested), I can't sell it because we'd still probably owe a sizable balance, and our beloved kitties would find some way to burrow under the canvas of a pop-up and do a Houdini act. I won't camp without my babies.

Seriously, while I really enjoy my MH, it equates to overnight picnicing in my humble opinion. The most fun I had camping was in our Starcraft - and - because it was paid for - we used it at least every other weekend cause we could afford to. We went to a lot of state parks and didn't have to worry about them being able to accommodate our camping equipment like we do in a MH. I'm sure some 5'ers & TT's are excluded from state parks because of size, as are some Class C's & A's. A pop-up can go just about anywhere!

And Steve - I think Pete's biggest reason for wanting a pop is so it can be kept in the garage & not have to be stored elsewhere. Unless your garage door is extra high and your garage extra deep and wide, you're not going to get a TT into one. If you try, you can kiss your A/C & roof good-bye,,,,not to mention ruining a perfectly good garage door & electric opener! :eek:

That, my Cajun friend, is the exact reason that we don't go to the Fort as much as we'd like to. We're really in a catch 22 because our MH is 1/4 paid for (so I don't want to lose what we've already invested), I can't sell it because we'd still probably owe a sizable balance, and our beloved kitties would find some way to burrow under the canvas of a pop-up and do a Houdini act. I won't camp without my babies.

Seriously, while I really enjoy my MH, it equates to overnight picnicing in my humble opinion. The most fun I had camping was in our Starcraft - and - because it was paid for - we used it at least every other weekend cause we could afford to. We went to a lot of state parks and didn't have to worry about them being able to accommodate our camping equipment like we do in a MH. I'm sure some 5'ers & TT's are excluded from state parks because of size, as are some Class C's & A's. A pop-up can go just about anywhere!

And Steve - I think Pete's biggest reason for wanting a pop is so it can be kept in the garage & not have to be stored elsewhere. Unless your garage door is extra high and your garage extra deep and wide, you're not going to get a TT into one. If you try, you can kiss your A/C & roof good-bye,,,,not to mention ruining a perfectly good garage door & electric opener! :eek:

I know why he wants a pop-up but he still ain't gonna like it. Most of my comments are just having some fun but I still don't thnk he is going to like it.
Trust me, if I could sell my behemoth I would but like you, the value of my trailer dropped faster than O'bama's approval rating the second I drove it off the lot and the economy isn't helping the value any either. Heck, I could buy a new one for what I owe on it today. BUT, I still would not buy a pop-up if I was able to sell it. Like I said...been there and done that, garage or no garage, storage or no storage. I simply did not like it but I really cannot speak for Pete and his family. They will have to give it a try to find out whether it is for them or not. :thumbsup2

I know why he wants a pop-up but he still ain't gonna like it. Most of my comments are just having some fun but I still don't thnk he is going to like it.
Trust me, if I could sell my behemoth I would but like you, the value of my trailer dropped faster than O'bama's approval rating the second I drove it off the lot and the economy isn't helping the value any either. Heck, I could buy a new one for what I owe on it today. BUT, I still would not buy a pop-up if I was able to sell it. Like I said...been there and done that, garage or no garage, storage or no storage. I simply did not like it but I really cannot speak for Pete and his family. They will have to give it a try to find out whether it is for them or not. :thumbsup2

You are a funny, funny guy!!"He who walks on water :-)worship:)" isn't as popular today as he once was? Boy....I sure didn't see THAT coming! :lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

You know...if a pop up makes it so that you can still enjoy camping, and not break the bank..I'd go for it.
I think going from a travel trailer...to NOTHING..is what's tough. If you're able to get a hold of a pop up and you're not gonna have a payment on it, I think it's a way to keep you camping comfortably enough. If you got rid of the trailer because you weren't using it that much anyway, then a pop up just might suit your purpose without breaking the bank. Storage, tow vehicle and payment wise..it makes sense. I know if my tt wasn't paid for, and I was looking to camp, we'd be looking at a pop up, given this economy and not wanting a payment, it makes financial sense, and would serve it's purpose.

Have you tried renting one..maybe using Donnies for a weekend? :confused3 ...Would give you a good idea about how the family does going from the trailer to a pop up.

Now,Schlitz people.....well, ya DARN TOOTIN they'a campers!!

SchlitzAd-1950s-560.jpg

As most of you know I have the 5'er and the pop up. I love the comfort of the 5'er but we've camped a few times in the pup as well and I don't mind it a bit. If you have to go to the bathroom is when it's inconvenient. For the girls I would get a large size porta potty similar to the rv toilet for emergencies.

There are going to be pros and cons and of course the pup isn't going to be a tt or mh but the sites are cheaper, almost always can get a partial, and like many have said they store easier and don't require a huge tow vehicle. IMO when we camp the camper is for sleeping and changing. Other than that I don't want to be in there. I think the Gatuhs will adjust fine to a pop up. At least Pete won't have to call me to back him in anymore. I guess I'm going to lose my I can do things for Christa her husband can't status. Good luck finding the right pup Pete and you know if you want to try mine before you buy you know where it's at.

We took our three boys for their first camping trip last Feb... in a tent. The back of my truck looked like Sanford and son. 5 of everything..bikes, sleeping bags, air mattresses, two coolers, heaters. Weather turned cold too..30's..in a summer tent..mesh top! Had a great time and one month later bought a 2000 Bayside. So for us the popup is pretty nice. The king size beds are great with a foam topper and it gives you plenty of room to escape heat or rain. But it also forces you to get outside and enjoy the outdoors and do some camping!

true, but if it blows beets, I'm only out 2g's.

Deb I'll hafta differ with ya on this one......Pete's biggest reason for wanting a pop is it's the cheapest way for him to not hafta put up
with the hoots and catcalls that would ensue if Mr. "Cabin or Resort
peeples are not REAL campers" should come strolling into one of
our gatherings. At least this way, even if he stays at a cabin he'll
have "The bearings went out on the camper" or some such to fall
back on.:lmao:

Hey Rog....could you zoom in on the section of that poster that says "how to pamper a husband" and tell me what it says?? Thanks

Deb I'll hafta differ with ya on this one......Pete's biggest reason for wanting a pop is it's the cheapest way for him to not hafta put up
with the hoots and catcalls that would ensue if Mr. "Cabin or Resort
peeples are not REAL campers" should come strolling into one of
our gatherings. At least this way, even if he stays at a cabin he'll
have "The bearings went out on the camper" or some such to fall
back on.:lmao:

Come to thank of it I offered to drive over and get his 5'er Halloween since we had the same hitch and he said naw naw we're ok at All Star. What will his next excuse be, oh the kids might catch a cold in the pop up so we're gonna be at the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter