Quest for the West

I hope I hit all your questions, if not let me know. For the extra day we walked to Snow King resort and did the alpine slide, putt putt golf, and scenic chair ride. Most people took their kids on the alpine slide for the free morning, but this was all they had time for. If you only had time for one, I would do the slide.
Every night goes down to the upper thirties, lower forties. We never had anything more than a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. the daytime was in the seventies. Do not pack any dressy clothes, i can not think of one place you would wear them.
Everything in Jackson Hole is within walking distance of the hotel. All the restaurants are very casual. For breakfast our extra morning we went to the Bunnery. There was something for all tastes there.
As far as motion sickness, I had no problems, and trust me i am the worst. There is very little bus time. The long trek is to Yellowstone, and back. Each way maybe 1.5-2 hours. There is a half an hour ride each way for the white water rafting on the rafting company bus. The ride on Jenny Lake is basically to get to the trails, 5 minutes max.
As far as bottled water, it was readily available. the guides really pushed water on everyone to prevent altitude sickness. You will not need your own water bottles.
The two things I wished I would've packed was binoculars and one of those lanyard things that hooks on the neck of a water bottle. Disney called every family in our tour and warned us that it was currently snowing in Wyoming prior to our departure. So everyone packed less summer clothes and went heavy on the warmer. After 4 days most of the group was running out of shorts/tshirts, and between the 4 of us we probably had one whole suitcase full of clean jeans and sweatshirts. The snow was just starting to melt at Brooks Lake, so anything off the beaten path is MUD. If you do not have hiking shoes, than bring that pair of shoes you really don't want anymore.
Enjoy your trip. I am so jealous.

Hello!
Im not sure what month you went on the trip but my DBF and I are booked for next August....yeah I know it's too early to start to even think about packing..lol...but we were talking the other night about the river rafting and I mentioned wearing some sort of shorts that dry easily for me (like mens swim trunks or something) and he said "its going to be too cold in the water for that" and I think he mentioned something about wearing jeans (that didn't make sense to me!) so I was wondering if you, or someone else that has gone on this trip, could give me some insight as to what most ppl wear for the rafting.

Thanks!!
I know I will come up with a million more questions....we still have a year to go!

Hello! I'm not sure what month you went on the trip but my DBF and I are booked for next August....yeah I know it's too early to start to even think about packing..lol...but we were talking the other night about the river rafting and I mentioned wearing some sort of shorts that dry easily for me (like mens swim trunks or something) and he said "its going to be too cold in the water for that" and I think he mentioned something about wearing jeans (that didn't make sense to me!) so I was wondering if you, or someone else that has gone on this trip, could give me some insight as to what most ppl wear for the rafting.
I did not go on this trip, but we went rafting on the Southwest Splendors trip in May. Even though it was cold in the water, the air was great, and everyone wore shorts. Jeans are the WORST thing you could wear river rafting. If you were to fall in the water (very unlikely, but it *can* happen) water-logged jeans get very heavy and can drag you down, and make it *very* hard to swim & stay afloat. Shorts are best, but if you needed to, you *can* buy slacks made out of ripstop nylon, etc, that will dry quickly just like shorts. (Some of them, the legs even zip off to become shorts) But honestly, you're talking AUGUST. I can't imagine not wanting to wear shorts...

Sayhello

I did not go on this trip, but we went rafting on the Southwest Splendors trip in May. Even though it was cold in the water, the air was great, and everyone wore shorts. Jeans are the WORST thing you could wear river rafting. If you were to fall in the water (very unlikely, but it *can* happen) water-logged jeans get very heavy and can drag you down, and make it *very* hard to swim & stay afloat. Shorts are best, but if you needed to, you *can* buy slacks made out of ripstop nylon, etc, that will dry quickly just like shorts. (Some of them, the legs even zip off to become shorts) But honestly, you're talking AUGUST. I can't imagine not wanting to wear shorts...

Sayhello

Thanks,you confirmed what I thought....seriously I would NEVER have worn jeans, and if he wanted to do that and suffer who am I to say no? lol no really I told him he was nuts!
I heard you can get soaked doing this so thats why i thought of the easy drying shorts.

Thanks so much!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter