Random thoughts,,,

This is a e-mail we got from a very dear friend,,I thought it was very cool.

THE GREEN THING

In the line at the store, the cashier told the older woman that she should bring her own grocery bag because plastic bags weren't good for the
environment. The woman apologized to him and explained, "We didn't have the green thing back in my day."

The clerk responded, "That's our problem today. The former generation did not care enough to save our environment."

He was right, that generation didn't have the green thing in its day.

Back then, they returned their milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. But they didn't have the green thing back in that customer's day.

In her day, they walked up stairs, because they didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. They walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time they had to go two blocks.

But she was right. They didn't have the green thing in her day.

Back then, they washed the baby's diapers because they didn't have the throw-away kind. They dried clothes on a line, not in an energy gobbling
machine burning up 220 volts - wind and solar power really did dry
the clothes. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters,
not always brand-new clothing.

But that old lady is right, they didn't have the green thing back in her day.

Back then, they had one TV, or radio, in the house - not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief, not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, they blended and
stirred by hand because they didn't have electric machines to do everything
for you. When they packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, they used a
wadded up old newspaper to cushion it, not styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, they didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to
cut the lawn. They used a push mower that ran on human power. They exercised by working so they didn't need to go to a health club to run on
treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right, they didn't have the green thing back then.

They drank from a fountain when they were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time they had a drink of water. They refilled their writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and they replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But they didn't have the green thing back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or rode the school bus instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour
taxi service. They had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And they didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful the old folks were just because they didn't have the green thing back then?

Today is spose to be the End of the World .

Would the last one out please turn off the lights.

Subject: Lessons Learned

WHAT I'VE LEARNED AS I MATURED

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in.

I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just but-holes.

I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I've learned that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you'd better have a big weenie or huge tata's.

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.

I've learned that you can keep puking long after you think you're finished.

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.

I've learned that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades, and there had better be a lot of money to take its place.

I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and all the less important ones just never go away.

Pass this along, if you feel like it. They may appreciate it. Who knows, maybe something good will happen.
If not...tough poop.

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

“It's sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.”

Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

My random thought,,
today is Flag Day.

What is Flag Day ?

In the United States Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened that day by resolution of the Second Continental Congress in 1777.[1] The United States Army also celebrates the Army Birthday on this date; Congress adopted "the American continental army" after reaching a consensus position in the Committee of the Whole on June 14, 1775.[2][3]

In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation that officially established June 14 as Flag Day; in August 1949, National Flag Day was established by an Act of Congress.

Flag Day is not an official federal holiday, though on June 14, 1937, Pennsylvania became the first (and only) U.S. state to celebrate Flag Day as a state holiday, beginning in the town of Rennerdale.[1] Title 36 of the United States Code, Subtitle I, Part A, CHAPTER 1, § 110[4] is the official statute on Flag Day; however, it is at the President's discretion to proclaim officially the observance.

DID YOU KNOW ...
there is a marker in Epcot showing the exact center of the park. It is located to the west of Innoventions West on the path that leads to the Land.

I'm hungry.
Anyone wanna fix me some breakfast grub ?

I'll have my eggs sunny side up , please.

I think I'll go sit in our front yard point a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.

According to the "weather map" from the channel 4 news outta Nashville,,where we live is only 30 degrees out,,all around us is 70.

MAN ! Talk about CLIMATE CHANGE !!

Exactly one year ago today on June 22, 2010,,, on this very site,,this thread did not exist.
(not much for history, is it,:lmao:)

Tomorrow, Friday June 24, 2011,
is national, "Take your dog to work day",

It's not official by the US Government, but it will be someday.

So when ya'll go to work tomorrow, don't forget Fido !!

I once heard that , next to the Department of Defense, WDW is the largest purchaser of explosives in the country. :confused3

Sounds like it makes sense to me.

Exactly 1 year ago I was on a boat returning to the Fort after an amazing first night at the Magic Kingdom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter