READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I was just curious - interested in practicing myself, but wasn’t sure how to determine “success” if I don’t have a valid ticket or park pass for the day that I try it on.
This is what I got this morning when I practiced. I assume it means that if I did have a park pass, I would have gotten it.

Attachments

• 914FAF2F-1E4D-4547-A040-15EF680A8B0C.png
    914FAF2F-1E4D-4547-A040-15EF680A8B0C.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 78
Thanks! I was just curious - interested in practicing myself, but wasn’t sure how to determine “success” if I don’t have a valid ticket or park pass for the day that I try it on.
No worries that's what everyone else is trying to do. Working on how to reduce the time it takes by practicing over and over and over again.

You should expect to get stopped by the "Not so fast" screen or the No Park Pass screen when testing at home. Try at 7 AM and 1 PM to get a feel for the process and timing of just how fast you need to be unless you have teens that can utilize their lightning smartphone fingers to win the BG race.

Dave

Last edited:
Ugh, now I am getting worried - but I can also try on my kids phones and my wife's, which I will do after today. But after restarting my phone, and re-installing the app, I am still getting a blue bar at the bottom of the "Create Your Party" screen that says ""Something Went Wrong We're having trouble connecting. Please try again." over and over when I click "JOIN". It does not matter whether I am on data (T-Mobile) or wifi (also T-Mobile home internet, but I have also tried on ATT internet using wifi as well and getting the same response).

It also runs through a "facial recognition" screen each time I click JOIN trying to log in over and over again. And this is after I am assured that I am already logged into the app.

I will also try today at 1pm and have my facial recognition feature turned off for this app - maybe that's causing some problems because it keeps popping up?

(I know I explained this above, but so far I am 0-5 practicing, and it is getting frustrating...)

Any other thoughts? I will keep trying things, but can I only try twice per day!

I guess since it doesn’t want to work on your phone, maybe use your phone to watch the time/seconds and use your family members phones to get a BG. As long as at least one of your family’s phones will be able to try and join a BG all is not lost.

I guess since it doesn’t want to work on your phone, maybe use your phone to watch the time/seconds and use your family members phones to get a BG. As long as at least one of your family’s phones will be able to try and join a BG all is not lost.
Thanks - Yeah, I was going to see if others' phone worked instead. We do have 4 other iphones to work with, including some iphone 11s.

Good news! I used my son's iphone 11 today and we got the "everybody needs a park pass" screen, so my first success. Phew!

We also tried my phone again, and I turned facial recognition off, and when we hit Join it asked for my password even though we were already logged into the app. Really strange.

Total failure. This time I practiced for the 1:00pm but without referencing time.gov, and on top of that the screen immediately after the AT-AT was "Loading...." for too long. Now I want to forget the AT-AT and try the Join Virtual Queue method.

same thing happened to me today at 1pm...screen took too long to load and i wasnt successful

Good news! I used my son's iphone 11 today and we got the "everybody needs a park pass" screen, so my first success. Phew!

We also tried my phone again, and I turned facial recognition off, and when we hit Join it asked for my password even though we were already logged into the app. Really strange.
I may have figured out the problem with my phone. I had a VPN turned on - I think that may have been causing problems.

I just tried the Join Virtual Queue method for (possibly) the first time, and that test run succeeded. The odd thing is that it unfolded rather similarly to the failed AT-AT attempt from last time. It seemed slow, was "Loading..." for long enough that I was sure failure was coming, and yet I got through to the Not So Fast screen. I was using data and tracking with time.gov this time around.

I practiced today for the very first time at 1pm and I "got" one so that makes me feel a little better. This is definitely a must do for us with 2 crazy Star Wars fans in our house so I've really been worrying about it a lot. I scheduled us for two days at HS just in case but I'm almost wondering if I should make a change and add a 3rd day reservation just in case since this is so important. We will be there for a full week and have a hopper so we do have the flexibility.

I'd be curious to see your thoughts of what we have scheduled and if you'd make the change even though we have two other days....

6/11 - flight eve
6/12 - USO - CBBR
6/13 - USO - CBBR
6/14 - USO - CBBR
6/15 - WL & MK
6/16 - HS
6/17 - EP
6/18 - MK
6/19 - AK
6/20 - HS & EP
6/21 - AK & MK
6/22 - flight morn

So we have the reservations already set up and I'm thinking to change the AK one on our last day to HS just in case now because I'm sure we won't be able to last minute. Would you guys do that if the ride is a must-do or do you think it's overkill? I figured if we were able to ride it on the 16th and maybe even again on the 20th then it may be easier to change that last day from HS to AK or to EP. Or should I change that last day to MK in the morning and make the park reservation for it. We always like to end at MK but maybe it's a bad idea to think we'd be able to hop there when it could be at capacity.

Just trying to think out those last few days and trying to make sure we can ride RotR. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I practiced today for the very first time at 1pm and I "got" one so that makes me feel a little better. This is definitely a must do for us with 2 crazy Star Wars fans in our house so I've really been worrying about it a lot. I scheduled us for two days at HS just in case but I'm almost wondering if I should make a change and add a 3rd day reservation just in case since this is so important. We will be there for a full week and have a hopper so we do have the flexibility.

I'd be curious to see your thoughts of what we have scheduled and if you'd make the change even though we have two other days....

6/11 - flight eve
6/12 - USO - CBBR
6/13 - USO - CBBR
6/14 - USO - CBBR
6/15 - WL & MK
6/16 - HS
6/17 - EP
6/18 - MK
6/19 - AK
6/20 - HS & EP
6/21 - AK & MK
6/22 - flight morn

So we have the reservations already set up and I'm thinking to change the AK one on our last day to HS just in case now because I'm sure we won't be able to last minute. Would you guys do that if the ride is a must-do or do you think it's overkill? I figured if we were able to ride it on the 16th and maybe even again on the 20th then it may be easier to change that last day from HS to AK or to EP. Or should I change that last day to MK in the morning and make the park reservation for it. We always like to end at MK but maybe it's a bad idea to think we'd be able to hop there when it could be at capacity.

Just trying to think out those last few days and trying to make sure we can ride RotR. Thanks!!

If it were me, I would change your Epcot morning to HS. Epcot has not been filling up as fast and it opens later in the morning so you could likely change back to Epcot same day if you didn't need it.

If it were me, I would change your Epcot morning to HS. Epcot has not been filling up as fast and it opens later in the morning so you could likely change back to Epcot same day if you didn't need it.

I didn’t even think of that but that makes perfect sense!😂 Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter