Reflections

I do wonder how tall they will be.

Also, last month I noticed them installing the new playground right smack in the middle of town center (where the Christmas tree goes). Nothing against kids, but hoping it’s temporary. bah humbug :rolleyes:
From the concept art I have seen, the lake front "cabins" look similar in size and height to the ones at AKL.

Good or bad, the new play ground is there to stay. It is on the plans I have seen posted. We just weren't sure what was going in the boxed area on the original plans. Now we know. I do like the looks of the play ground, but it does seem a little "wedged" in. I'm sure we will get used to it and forget where the original play ground was.

j

...so DH and I were finally able to sit down and look over plans (thanks for posting :goodvibes )...

Our first impression is that the staggered Y-style bungalows could be 2 separate units/entrances. However, the description states “proposed building unit (singular) TVP.” So it could go either way. I do wonder how tall they will be.

On the line description pointing to the lake front bungalows, what does that say? And is that the Reflections marina in C-204?

Also, last month I noticed them installing the new playground right smack in the middle of town center (where the Christmas tree goes). Nothing against kids, but hoping it’s temporary. bah humbug :rolleyes:
From the concept art I have seen, the lake front "cabins" look similar in size and height to the ones at AKL.

Good or bad, the new play ground is there to stay. It is on the plans I have seen posted. We just weren't sure what was going in the boxed area on the original plans. Now we know. I do like the looks of the play ground, but it does seem a little "wedged" in. I'm sure we will get used to it and forget where the original play ground was.

j
The playground is the exact same one they used to have but wedged into a smaller area. The whole area down there by TE and the Trading Post is getting very crowded and paved over with very little green space to give you the feeling that you are in the great, rustic, outdoors. My only complaint with Reflections, really, is that it breathes too closely down the neck of FW and that they’ve taken down huge amounts of mature trees to build it.

...so DH and I were finally able to sit down and look over plans (thanks for posting :goodvibes )...

On the line description pointing to the lake front bungalows, what does that say? And is that the Reflections marina in C-204?

Here is a close-up (at 300% zoom):

Reflections Bungalow Zoom.PNG

For the record, the arrows on the two lake front buildings both say: "PROPOSED BUILDING (TYP).

The arrow on the back lake view building says: "PROPOSED BUILDING UNIT (TYP).

That does appear to be a dock in C-204 shaped as a capital letter T just to the right of the old RC inlet that will have been dug out some apparently. In looking at how Wilderness Lodge was set up with the cabins and its DVC, there is one "big boat" dock on the hotel end nearest World Drive and the rental boats dock back toward FW and the DVC end. I wonder if the dock in C-204 will become the new "big boat" dock to the MK and the new rental dock will be the one in the construction box in C-203 which appears to the right of the existing dock and rental building. The separation of traffic for the big boat captains and the amateur boat rentals is a desirable thing in my book. They did get rid of the fishing excursion dock on Clementine's beach so who knows. One side of me says they wouldn't want all those camper folks trecking through Reflections to get to the MK boat and the other side of me says what better marketing tool is there for a DVC property than to have people put eyeballs up close on the resort all the time.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Close-up of new dock in C-204.

Reflections Dock Zoom.PNG

and here is the pool on the other (left in our view) side of the old RC inlet with the pool, the hot tub area (eyeball shape at top), the sandy beach area built out to the left side nearest the lake and a smaller sand area on the right, and plenty of room for loungers and 2 cabanas possibly.

Reflections Pool Zoom.PNG

Bama Ed

Last edited:

The playground is the exact same one they used to have but wedged into a smaller area. The whole area down there by TE and the Trading Post is getting very crowded and paved over with very little green space to give you the feeling that you are in the great, rustic, outdoors. My only complaint with Reflections, really, is that it breathes too closely down the neck of FW and that they’ve taken down huge amounts of mature trees to build it.

Agree, the playground looks no different than before and very basic. That’s why I assumed it was temporary.

However, my issue is it being out of a place in a crowded middle with golf carts driving around it. No charm, lazy aesthetics and potentially dangerous

With everything they have done to accommodate Reflections, the heart of FW deserved better imo

Close-up of new dock in C-204.

View attachment 464098

and here is the pool on the other (left in our view) side of the old RC inlet with the pool, the hot tub area (eyeball shape at top), the sandy beach area built out to the left side nearest the lake and a smaller sand area on the right, and plenty of room for loungers and 2 cabanas possibly.

View attachment 464099

Bama Ed

They made sure to keep that pool far away from us :rolleyes1

That leaves the back side of the main building complex in C-205 for the Lazy River that I spoke of earlier which I have highlighted in blue. It appears to have a couple take-in, take-out places including one on the center island (which has a sidewalk to it). The other two shapes I colored in blue might be a splash pad and a baby pool (super shallow).

Reflections Lazy Zoom.PNG

The lazy river would be mighty fun, tiggerdad.... we could float from one end to the other (since it's a circle that means I'd never leave). You think they would let two ol' rednecks like us anywhere near it? Doubtful. And they would keep civilized folks like Lehuaann away too unless they were dues-paying members of DVC (or the cash-paying DVC guests or DVC point renters).

Bama Ed

PS - I forgot, they're "maintenance fees" and not "dues".

Last edited:
Now that Reflections has been cancelled:

It's time for the weenies in Disney management to implement a Fort expansion towards Wilderness Lodge and the DVC properties over there. Although those poor hotel/time share folks will keep heading over to our wonderful Fort to experience it's wonders and amenities, that's a trade-off I'm willing to make if we can get some more loops built (and pull-throughs) to take some of the load off the classic Fort side (and make it easier for me to get a reservation). ::yes::

That's the 2nd DVC planned resort that died on the vine next to Fort Wilderness (Buffalo Junction, not a DVC, could be considered a 3rd idea much earlier). This being Easter weekend, I think the Big Guy upstairs has been sending Disney management a message for a while now. I dunno but that's what it seems to me. I hope they finally LISTEN to that message. :listen:

Let's expand the Fort in that area from loop 2000 down to the bus/service road and from there back toward the new TCD and Pioneer Hall to the lake. That area has a lot of wetlands but Disney can trade off filling that in for building, I believe, if it sets aside other land on property as an off-set.

Finally, if there there is anything good that came out of this, River Country FINALLY, after 3-4 decades, got a proper funeral and burial. ⚰ . As it should have a LONG time ago.

LET THE CAMPERS CAMP! :banana:

Bama Ed

PS - now that the plan is dead, I'm willing to say the "R" word again (always in the past tense).

Last edited:

Destroyed that beautiful peaceful area of FW...

I'd kick some folks in the crotch without a moment's hesitation. It was a stupid idea from the beginning.

Yes Ed, you are correct. At least there was a proper burial for poor River Country. This current pathetic collection of incompetent idiots in Disney management would be backhanded so hard by Walt Disney they'd think they had kissed a freight train.
tumblr_n58icvzKrG1r2ad2vo1_400.gif
Now, ladies and gentlemen, next to peaceful FW, Disney has opened its latest attraction: Sahara

giphy-2.gif

If I can take my golf cart to Wilderness Lodge, I'm okay with that.
The original trail didn't allow carts, likely IF the path is reconstructed (my understanding is a lot of it was destroyed) then carts likely will not be allowed. I see your point though. Maybe just pay for parking instead of Sun Pass?

Such a shame. That trail was so peaceful too...

:cheer2:

I'm sure they would not expand, but it would be worth it! I am just glad it is cancelled as well- I did not want to return and see the beach crowded over with a giant DVC.

Perhaps if Disney Management is paying attention to the literal explosion in RV sales, might not be a bad idea to jump on the bandwagon and expand The Fort?

Perhaps if Disney Management is paying attention to the literal explosion in RV sales, might not be a bad idea to jump on the bandwagon and expand The Fort?

You would think they are aware, tigger92662, of the explosion of RV sales lately.

And no doubt aware that since they exanded the Fort last in 1976/77 (added camping loops not trailer loops), the population and camper/trailer universe has multiplied umpteen fold. And all they can do is keep raising prices?

I could save a lot of WDW management salary money by just hiring monkeys to keep raising prices 5% year (and pay them in bananas for that matter). Decades of experience demonstrates to us Management does nothing else (the baboons come in every decade or so to carve out Premium loops and then Premium Meadow loops).

Bama Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter