Rides you wish existed/would be brought back

Skyways -- I really loved that....and Epcot Mexico please go back to the original El Rio del Tiempo and take out the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros. It's just ...well..... stupid. Doesn't fit the exhibit.

I agree about the Mexico ride...the new one is corny, hard to follow and hard to understand...I just dont like...I wish they would have just updated the original to some more modern scenes...at least they didnt take out the fireworks...:thumbsup2

Delaneyc52 read my mind.

I miss the old El Rio del Tiempo. That was a family favorite. We did the new ride a few times and haven't been back...it's kinda annoying. I also miss the Skyway, though I can live without it.

If I could wish up a new attraction, it would be another water ride with a big drop along the lines of Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids. Both of those rides are always packed, so a third option in the hot sun would be excellent.

Delaneyc52 read my mind.

I miss the old El Rio del Tiempo. That was a family favorite. We did the new ride a few times and haven't been back...it's kinda annoying. I also miss the Skyway, though I can live without it.

If I could wish up a new attraction, it would be another water ride with a big drop along the lines of Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids. Both of those rides are always packed, so a third option in the hot sun would be excellent.

I would love a new water ride. I can picture one in Epcot FW.

I realize this makes me really weird, but I seriously get a little teared up on/in Spaceship Earth, Hall of Presidents, and the American Adventure :*)

I wish they would convert the Wonders of Life Pavilion into like a history themed area that has rides/shows along the same line as the ones above. I don't know if it's in poor taste, but I think a dark ride with animatronics about major American wars would be cool. And then maybe a high speed ride simulating what it would be like in the Circus Maximus. Etc. I think that would fit into the "educational" theme of Epcot. Like I said, I'm weird :rotfl:

EDIT: Also, an Aladdin motion simulator ride. The Aladdin part of Philharmagic is so slick, and the seats aren't even moving! It's kind of mystifying why there isn't one.

I want a Mary Poppins ride. It could work in the World Showcase. I think it would make the UK more interesting over there.

And please don't tell me that, since she's in "The Great Movie Ride", that's sufficient. And also don't tell me that she's not that popular: she appears at at least two of the parks, a meal, and she's got a Broadway show that is wildly popular.

I think Stich's Greatly Epic Fail should be replaced with something... Anything. I was thinking a slightly revamped version of the original ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter, or possible something new to do with Wall-E. Like I said, anything would be better

of all the things that come up on the DIS since I have been reading, 2 things come up the most:

1. everyone hates Stitch
2. everyone wants Mr Toad back.

If the DIS represents a sample of the population at large, those were both big mistakes.

I Also, an Aladdin motion simulator ride. The Aladdin part of Philharmagic is so slick, and the seats aren't even moving! It's kind of mystifying why there isn't one.

I love this idea! I can imagine the sequence where Aladdin escapes the Cave of Wonders on the carpet as a motion simulator.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has an amazing ride called Darkcastle that could be perfectly adapted to a Beauty and the Beast 4d ride...and France in Epcot would be a cool location too.

They do need to do something with the Wonders of Life pavilion. I never really cared much for the Rio del Tiempo ride other than the coolness of riding in boats next to the restaurant with the volcanoes in the background and going into the pyramid, but I don't know if Los Tres Caballeros is any better.

I am glad that they are updating Star Tours. The bungling robot narrator/pilot of the ride was very annoying. Hopefully they will scrap him and use traditional Star Wars characters.

This is a show and not a ride, but would list my top three as:

1. Millionaire
2. Millionaire
3. Millionaire

Dan

I'm another original Journey Into Imagination ride! Dreamfinder must be brought back!!! I also would like to see World of Motion back. My most favorite stage show The Hunchback of Notre Dame needs to be brought back! Maybe in a much bigger scale. That was like the most awesome show ever. :dance3:

As for a new ride I'd like to see...several years ago I had an idea for an Atlantis ride (way before the movie came out). It would sort of be like Dinosaur with riding in the car or something like that and tour Atlantis when it was being destroyed.

My proposal is pretty simple: fund some freelancers (like the guy creating Horizons: Resurrected) who are highly skilled in computer modeling who also have the desire to create old attractions. Put in enclosed HDTV booths with surround sound in a corner of Innoventions that show the fully 3d-modeled interactive versions of classic attractions, like Horizons and World of Motion. It would require a tiny fraction of the millions and millions of dollars it takes to create a new ride, while connecting each park to its history.

I wish they would bring back the whole Wonders of Life pavillion. Love it, love it, love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter