Rides you wish existed/would be brought back

20,000 Leagues was my fave ride as a kid. I'd love to see that brought back. I'd also like the original version of EE where the Yeti actually moves. :rotfl2:

The B&B idea is great - I'd love to see that. I'd also love to see all of the lands in Epcot eventually have some sort rides. I love Maelstrom, and even though I think the ride in Mexico is incredibly cheesy, it's still fun. A mix of rides based more on the countries (like Maelstrom) and based on Disney Characters (like Gran Fiesta Tour) would provide some additional family-friendly ride options without taking away the more sophisticated feel of WS.

I miss the Skyway at MK, Kitchen Kabaret at Epcot, and the original Tiki Room.

Ever since Monsters, Inc. came out we have wanted a roller coaster type ride that had swinging doors like the scene where Mike & Sulley are on the doors trying to get Boo's door. Could be so cute and fun!

BTTF?! Seriously?

The Simpsons is arguably the best ride in Orlando. It's my favorite, anyway. BTTF was pretty lame. Even if you weren't comparing it to the Simpsons, it wasn't great, but compared to the Simpsons? Oh, my gosh.

Disney-wise, I'll cast another vote for Horizons.

Ever since Monsters, Inc. came out we have wanted a roller coaster type ride that had swinging doors like the scene where Mike & Sulley are on the doors trying to get Boo's door. Could be so cute and fun!

this.

as for ExtraTERRORestrial, I can never understand how anybody found that ride scary. I walked out shaking my head trying to figure out what people were talking about when they said it was so horrible.

I agree with many PPs...Mr. Toad, Alien Encounter, and Horizons were all favorites of mine.

Also...OP, you have a great idea for Beauty and the Beast, but you mentioned adding another ride to World Showcase. How about a Magic Carpet Ride in Morocco? Not like the one in adventureland, but one that uses a similar ride system to Harry Potter. That would be awesome.

I love the B&B idea as well :thumbsup2

As for me, I've always wanted a Pinocchio flume ride that goes through Monstro - perhaps it could even be in the water parks. Which brings me to my second point - why isn't there Disney characters in the water parks? There are several movies or movie scenes that could be used (Little Mermaid, Nemo, Swiss Family Robinson, etc.)

Since Hollywood Studios is moving towards Pixar I'd love to see Crush's Coaster from Disneyland Paris & the Monsters Inc. ride from California Adventure. I'd also like the Indiana Jones ride from Disneyland (one of Disney's best IMHO), and perhaps updated shows. The Toy Story show everyone raves about from the Disney Cruise line may be fun.

Animal Kingdom - whatever happened to Mythical Creatures? So much potential. Also, I'd love if Disney added World of Color to the lake, making AK a night park as well.

EPCOT - provide rides or better shows for each country. Keep Mexico. Update the Maelstrom - it needs to be refurbished. As for the rest of the countries there are some obvious directions. In Morocco an Aladdin Magic Carpet ride would work splendidly. In China a 3D Mulan show. Perhaps in Italy my beloved Pinocchio flume ride idea could be applied. In England several different ideas present itself- Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh. Canada - a Brother Bear show perhaps? In America what about a classic Mickey attraction? I agree with the OP for France. Also, how about adding a few countries? So many fantastic ideas have been referenced in the past, but my personal favorite is using Greece (re-creating the Parthenon), and having a Hercules attraction. I always had loved the idea of Egypt, but for now it may be better to put that one on the back burner.

As for the Magic Kingdom the potential is endless.

Change Stitch back to ExtraTERRORestrial!

I never got to ride the original, and after watching a video of it on YouTube, I am so sad I didn't.

Yep, its much better then Stitch's escape. I can understand why they got rid of it though. It must have freaked kids minds out.

The new ride should be called "Stitch's waste of space"

This! We've been saying this for YEARS too!! Might lessen the throngs at TSM too, if there was another fun ride back there in Pixar Alley.

Agree on some more rides for Epcot WS...the possibilites back there are endless!

They need to add some more rides in world showcase or at least movies.

I'd like see some more Pixar rides and shows too. (the incredibles, bugs life, up, cars, etc)

LOVE this idea!

The B&B idea is great - I'd love to see that. I'd also love to see all of the lands in Epcot eventually have some sort rides. I love Maelstrom, and even though I think the ride in Mexico is incredibly cheesy, it's still fun. A mix of rides based more on the countries (like Maelstrom) and based on Disney Characters (like Gran Fiesta Tour) would provide some additional family-friendly ride options without taking away the more sophisticated feel of WS.

I miss the Skyway at MK, Kitchen Kabaret at Epcot, and the original Tiki Room.

I agree. It would be nice if all of the lands in the WS had a ride.

I had completely forgotten about Toads Wild Ride!

And I remember 20,000 leagues from my first ever visit (twenty something years ago!) and thought it was amazing!

Loving the ideas for all the new rides esp for WS at Epcot! I can also see a Lady & the Tramp Gondola ride in Italy & a wild dragon rollercoaster in China

And agree with the poster who says the Simpsons is the best ride at universal - totally!

Another vote for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea--although as an adult I might get claustrophobic in that thing.

Also, more rides around the world at Epcot would be awesome.

I want to see Up, Wall-E, and The Incredibles Rides! For example:

Carl's Balloon Ride - based on Up, located in either Adventureland or a new section of Animal Kingdom (presumably South American themed). Outdoor "dark" cable car ride in cars shaped like the house from Up, with some thrilling aspects using either the dog chase scene or the air fight scene.

Tour of the Axiom - Similar idea based on Wall-E, ideally for Tomorrowland, touring the Axiom in cars that look like the lounge chairs from the movie. Maybe use a tilting floor system to simulate the ending scene where the captain fights the autopilot.

Horizons, 20,000 Leagues, DW liked the just married sign on the back of a car in World of Motion. DW:tinker:

I do miss Horizons and World of Motion. Epcot just doesn't have the same feel that it had back in those days.

20,000 Leagues was cool, and I remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but I feel that these rides wouldn't be as fun of an experience for an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter