Rides you wish existed/would be brought back

I would like to have the bear band J christmas show come back. I was very disapointed when we went to see the bears and the hall was the summer show and not christmas.
The christmas show brought back feelings of christmas when I was young and without it it didn't seem like christmas at Disney.

Dan

Not a ride but an attraction/show...I wish they would bring back "Superstar Television." This was located at Disney's MGM Studios as it was known at the time. It was replaced by "Doug" which was replaced by "American Idol." I always wanted to be called out of the audience to participate but never was. :sad2:

I never had the chance to go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride... so that would be neat if they brought that back.

Beauty and The Beast Dark ride! I actually designed my own version and made some concept art for it a while ago.

I also wish they would bring back the original Journey Into Imagination with Figment AND the Dreamfinder :thumbsup2

^^Please click it for flickr :)

I wish they could bring back the old EPCOT rides such as Horizons, Magic Journeys, World of Motion, and the old Universe of Energy because I never got a change to go on them. My first trip to EPCOT was when I was only 3 in 1996, but according to my mom (I don't remember the trip at all) she said we left early because my sister and I were tired and it was getting cold.

If they could make any ride, I would love to see a dark ride based on Sleeping Beauty. I remember the old plan for the Fantastyland Expanson included a Sleeping Beauty meet and greet, I thought they could at least have made a dark ride; it deserves one.

If they could make any ride, I would love to see a dark ride based on Sleeping Beauty. I remember the old plan for the Fantastyland Expanson included a Sleeping Beauty meet and greet, I thought they could at least have made a dark ride; it deserves one.

This! I've come up with ideas for a SB dark ride, but I always get stuck at Malificent becoming a dragon. It's either corny and ridiculed or horrifying for small children...but your post here makes me think maybe I can work out the kinks....huh. Thanks! :worship:

Beauty and The Beast Dark ride! I actually designed my own version and made some concept art for it a while ago.

Oh, wow, cool. I'd love it if you'd share your idea!

Love the idea of a Beauty and the Beast ride!

I would like a Tron-based 3d simulator in HS with a fast paced journey through the grid but with moving cars like they have on Spiderman in IoA. I think that Animal Kingdom would be a good location for a National Treasure-themed adventure ride - something that would start as a slow paced dark ride but becomes more dynamic as you encounter more traps and chases as you head towards the treasure

The Tron ride sounds super cool. Would be a great thrill ride addition to the park! You should draw up some concept art for your ideas. For all you know, you could be the next best Imagineer :thumbsup2

Ok so this one is totally not Disney related but....bring back the Back to the Future Ride at Universal!! Like WTH? C'mon they replaced it with the Simpsons?!? and not simulator ride has ever made me motion sick but the Simpsons ride did really bad :sick:

Now that that's outta the way....

In WDW I would LOVE to see Mr Toad Wild Ride come back...it scared the pants off me when I was a kid!! :rotfl:

Back to the Future was my husband's favorite ride at Universal. FYI, the 25th anniversary Back to the Future blu-ray set contains an extra with every video from the ride from the preshow material to the movie shown during the ride. This was the first thing he watched when he got it for Christmas.

My vote is for Journey into Imagination to come back with Figment and Dreamfinder. The current version loses its way about halfway through. Original had so much heart. I also want a refurbisment of Carousel of Progress. The jump from 1940's to the "future" is too great.

Skyways -- I really loved that....and Epcot Mexico please go back to the original El Rio del Tiempo and take out the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros. It's just ...well..... stupid. Doesn't fit the exhibit.

I was reading some posts over on the Fantasyland Expansion boards and I saw that a lot of people were saying things like, "Instead of a Beast Castle and village, what about a ride where..." and "I hate the Princess M&G area taking over SWSA. How about a Lion King dark ride?"

This got me to thinking, what would YOU like to see in the parks?

I would LOVE to see a Beauty and the Beast dark ride in France in WS. Many people would love a new WS ride, and Beauty and the Beast is wildly popular. Imagine, traveling through Beast's castle, watching while Lumiere and Cogsworth are giving you, a guest to the castle, a "tour" of the place when suddenly Belle's dad shows up...we all know what happens from here. We ride through a shortened version of the BATB plot (we see a Be Our Guest scene, we watch as the objects try to get Belle and Beast to fall in love, we see Gaston try to kill Beast then fall, then we see the finale where everyone is human again.) With the amazing soundtrack and just general popularity of BATB, I think it could be done. I think rather than just characters being painted on the wall with a soundtrack of their voices like SWSA, either audio animatronics could be used, OR... the technology from the Nemo Ride could be used. Reflect video of the characters onto glass. Behind the glass could be vibrant paintings of castle backdrops and...whew. My imagination gets carried away sometimes. :laughing:

As for being brought back, I want the Skyway and the Swan boats!

So now I ask you, what rides/shows would you like the Imagineers to add to WDW?

The ORIGINAL 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea!

How about a GOOD Stitch ride. I'd base it off the TV show and make it random and interactive with the riders having to help lilo and stitch find the cousins.

Also, a ride for Mickey. He has none and it's his park.

First, one that would be fairly easy to do ... bring back the Peoplemover at Disneyland ... track is even still there! Was fairly popular, could handle very large numbers of people, and was a fun way to relax when you needed a break from everything else.

And while I enjoyed Star Tours, and look forward to seeing what they do with the rehab, one of my personal most-missed attractions was Adventures Thru Inner Space.

I still don't see why it wouldn't be great to add a Swiss pavilion to EPCOT ... wouldn't the Matterhorn fit perfectly?

And finally, for a dream attraction, a slightly faster, highly themed motorcycle chase-style attraction using the hover cycles on the Moon of Endor. Being chased by Storm Troopers while flying through the trees.

Ever since Monsters, Inc. came out we have wanted a roller coaster type ride that had swinging doors like the scene where Mike & Sulley are on the doors trying to get Boo's door. Could be so cute and fun!

omg this is my exact dream ride!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter