Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, they could use location data to determine if you are in the park. They used to do that to prevent people from being able to see wait times until they entered the park and it was annoying, but very reliable on determining if you were in the park or not and which park you were in.

Hence my use of the term “reliable”. Depending on GPS to gate folks from getting a BG would be a customer service nightmare. There are many reasons (I detailed in the WDW thread) as to why GPS would either be unavailable or unreliable and why I am confident that Disney won’t switch to using it. There is very little benefit but a huge cost involved.

One device we reloaded 5minutes prior and failed to reload the tickets -- that never got it back up and couldn't join at all.
-other device boarding group :10 after 800 to get to next screen.

Lots of folk with low numbers here! Awesome! clearly not starting at 12 today. Lower regular groups though -- interesting.

Sounds like they issued lower numbers today. Curious to see if the attraction goes up sooner or still waits until 9 to start loading.

Oddly enough, playing along at home, my button didn't unlock until 8:01 and I got the backup group message. Then, refreshing again, my button greyed out even though the backup group message was still up (which led me to post that backups were gone probably before they really were). From the sounds of it some people were able to get backups after 8:02, so I wonder if the fact that I don't have tickets attached and am clearly not in the park makes a difference.

Do you think? Someone here got their boarding group, went home, hung out, had a nap and came back. Even if they had a standby line, suppose it was like Hagrid's (and I can't imagine it wouldn't be). Would the locals be more likely to turn out if you had to be there hours before opening to stand in an 8-10 hour line? Either way, it seems like it will be awhile before visitors can arrive after lunch, say, and have a chance to ride in less than a couple of hours.
And the locals will put up with this for a few weeks, maybe up to a month, then they will start insisting Disney makes some changes out here. Disneyland has a completely different demographic than Disney World. Disneyland guests are willing to come stupid early for a one off, but they won't do it repeatedly. I don't know what Disney can do, but I do know this system won't be sustainable in the long term.

They got through 103 BGs yesterday. If they start at 7 today (?) that would get to 109.

anyones app having trouble loading tickets? I'm supposed to have 9 and when playing along to get BG I only showed 8.

Hence my use of the term “reliable”. Depending on GPS to gate folks from getting a BG would be a customer service nightmare. There are many reasons (I detailed in the WDW thread) as to why GPS would either be unavailable or unreliable and why I am confident that Disney won’t switch to using it. There is very little benefit but a huge cost involved.
As I said, it was very reliable, it was just annoying because you couldn't see wait times unless you were in the park. So they could do it, but as with you, I don't see why they would.

My notes so far, thanks to all who posted yesterday!
6:10 Arrived Toy Story, lines for parking 5-10 deep. Security screening now at Toy story parking lot.
6:40 Arrived esplanade. Line all the way back to DCA gate. They started letting non-EMH people in at about 645 or 6:50 AM
7:15 Through gate
7:45 Rope drop, Walked back to Galaxy’s edge to ride falcon but the line was all the way back to the Droid depot!
7:55 grabbed a table at Ronto Roasters and opened app to landing page
8:00 click the find out more button and got BG 20!!!!!

And the locals will put up with this for a few weeks, maybe up to a month, then they will start insisting Disney makes some changes out here. Disneyland has a completely different demographic than Disney World.
LOL yeah it’s hard for me to imagine too many AP holders wanting to stay from open to 9:30 PM.

As I said, it was very reliable, it was just annoying because you couldn't see wait times unless you were in the park. So they could do it, but as with you, I don't see why they would.

It was reliable for you and perhaps others you spoke to but do you think maybe there was a reason they stopped doing it?

When do you add family members to your group? After you hit the 'Find Out More' button or after 'Join Boarding group' button or before all of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter