Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Maybe it helps someone and I should be ignored but do we need all Star Wars merchandise to be publicized in this and the SWGE’s thread?
Holidays are coming and anyone looking for SW gifts can note the updates on new merchandise. We have had comments that these posts have helped people find things they were looking for. Not everyone is able to visit DTD to find the SW items they want. If you don't need the updates, just ignore. No harm done. Keeping the threads alive with positive posts is a free service provided here. If you have any non-merchandise SWGE news to post here, please do. Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Sorry for the question, but is the ride the same at WDW and DL? We've been on it a few times at WDW, just wondering if we should bother trying to get a BG at DL, whenever it reopens.

We are planning a trip in early June and to my surprise only ONE DAY of our trip had availability to reserve HS! It’s the day we check into our resort. We do have an option to stay off site the night before or fly in early AM. If we check in on the day we have a HS reservation, will we be able to try for a boarding group at 7am? Also, how likely is it we can find an opening on a better day if I keep an eye on things?

We are planning a trip in early June and to my surprise only ONE DAY of our trip had availability to reserve HS! It’s the day we check into our resort. We do have an option to stay off site the night before or fly in early AM. If we check in on the day we have a HS reservation, will we be able to try for a boarding group at 7am? Also, how likely is it we can find an opening on a better day if I keep an eye on things?
Yes to both. Also this thread is for ROTR at Disneyland. You will be better posting on the mega thread on TPAS.

FYI: according to the blog post today, it sounds like DL is switching to WDW's twice-a-day boarding group plan, noting that the second opportunity will be available to parkhoppers.

----

The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and you may only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be twice daily, one in the morning, and one later in the day. Specific times and details will be shared at a later date on Disneyland.com.

• Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation who will start their day at Disneyland park will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group in the morning on the day of their park reservation. Guests will need to have their park tickets linked to their Disney account.

• To access the second virtual queue opportunity for later that day, guests must have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disneyland park, or Disney California Adventure park with a Park Hopper ticket by the second enrollment time. Guests beginning their day at Disney California Adventure Park may then enter Disneyland park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their boarding group.
----

Sounds like we might need a new grid. :D

Having just used the system at WDW, I think it's great they are switching to it at DL too. Helpful piece of advice, the time.gov site is your friend. We had that up on a second device and started to click to get our BG as soon as the time hit the 6:59:59 mark. We got through all 3 times using this method.

FYI: according to the blog post today, it sounds like DL is switching to WDW's twice-a-day boarding group plan, noting that the second opportunity will be available to parkhoppers.

----

The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and you may only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be twice daily, one in the morning, and one later in the day. Specific times and details will be shared at a later date on Disneyland.com.

• Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation who will start their day at Disneyland park will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group in the morning on the day of their park reservation. Guests will need to have their park tickets linked to their Disney account.

• To access the second virtual queue opportunity for later that day, guests must have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disneyland park, or Disney California Adventure park with a Park Hopper ticket by the second enrollment time. Guests beginning their day at Disney California Adventure Park may then enter Disneyland park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their boarding group.
----

Sounds like we might need a new grid. :D

Does this mean that ONLY those that park hop can try for the second boarding group? If we don't park hop, and don't get a morning boarding group, can we try for the afternoon group?

Does this mean that ONLY those that park hop can try for the second boarding group? If we don't park hop, and don't get a morning boarding group, can we try for the afternoon group?
If you start in DL, you can try for both! They're just noting that people who start at DCA are only eligible for the second attempt, and only if they have parkhopper tickets.

Btw - you can start in DL, parkhop, and still try. As long as you've entered DL (or DCA on a parkhop before the second attempt), you can try for a boarding group literally anywhere - you don't have to be physically in a park during the attempts.

I wonder how hard it will be to get boarding groups while the park capacity is still limited. Will it be much easier because only 1/4 of the people are trying to get boarding groups or will they only be running the ride at 1/4 of the capacity as well and so it's just as hard as it used to be?

I wonder how hard it will be to get boarding groups while the park capacity is still limited. Will it be much easier because only 1/4 of the people are trying to get boarding groups or will they only be running the ride at 1/4 of the capacity as well and so it's just as hard as it used to be?

Indoor rides are only at 25% capacity, so I am thinking it will be just as hard as it used to be.

Indoor rides are only at 25% capacity, so I am thinking it will be just as hard as it used to be.
With the added bonus that doing two boarding group opportunities means that each opportunity will go that much faster - I'd bet both sessions will be done in seconds, at least initially.

It'll also be interesting to see how many boarding groups they'll be able to get through in one day. It took a few weeks for them to get the kinks worked out the first time. Now, they might have to start over. (Here's hoping they got their rock-star maintenance person back.)

I'm curious if you have to be IN the park to get a spot now, or if it will be like WDW where you don't have to be entered into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter