Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

I'm curious if you have to be IN the park to get a spot now, or if it will be like WDW where you don't have to be entered into the park.
The wording of the first bullet point of their post makes it sound like it'll be like WDW - that you only need a park reservation and valid ticket for that day to try. Only the second attempt says you have to have entered the park first.

Joining in, we visited WDW earlier this year, now planning a DL trip for early August. Never been to DL, so really hopeful the reopening plan is successful, both with the parks, and then the state in June.

In WDW, I was successful on one of two attempts during the morning drop. The BGs there are gone in seconds, so if you mess up like I did on my second attempt, you get left out ☹️. They had a glitch where if you missed the join button because your screen moved, it opened the ride page. They fixed that in the WDW app. Hopefully it doesn't happen in the DL app.

Looking forward to hearing stories as the park opens up and people are able to ride RotR again at DL.

I thought I read somewhere that the people starting their day at DL won't be eligible for the afternoon boarding groups. Is that true?

This adds a whole new dimension to my planning. We usually do not plan to be at DL very early, but if I get a BG from my house in Long Beach at 7AM, it will be a mad dash to get out of the house and get to the park before it is called and closed! :laughing:

I thought I read somewhere that the people starting their day at DL won't be eligible for the afternoon boarding groups. Is that true?

It is not. This was just someone misreading a little bit ago.

Morning: anyone with a DL reservation regardless of being scanned in or not

Afternoon: anyone who has scanned into DL or DCA (DCA only counts if the ticket is a PH).

So if you have DL reservations, you have two chances a day. If you have PHs with your day starting at DCA, you have one chance a day.

Yup. I thought they did it this way in DisneyWorld. This avoids the massive crowding at opening which would make it much more difficult to social distance.
Yeah, and since the parking lots aren't opening until 30 minutes before the gates, I would imagine it would be difficult to park and get scanned before 9:00. And No I can do this from my home :)

hmm, so I will have to mak sure I am up before 7 am on our park days (likely would be anyway). Now I just have to figure out if the hotel wifi will be better to use than cell service in the hotel when i try to get the BGs.

Is there a link to this news about two boarding groups? I went on the Disneyland app and it says more news to come. The website shows no official news about it. Has disneyland officially reported this?

Is there a link to this news about two boarding groups? I went on the Disneyland app and it says more news to come. The website shows no official news about it. Has disneyland officially reported this?

The website says you can get a boarding group after entering the park, starting at the published opening time. This contradicts what is reported above. Hope we can get clarification!

It's on the previous page of this thread.

Sourced from here:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ng-details-for-disneyland-resort-theme-parks/

----

Upon reopening, we’ll continue leveraging a virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.* The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and you may only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be twice daily, one in the morning, and one later in the day. Specific times and details will be shared at a later date on Disneyland.com.
  • Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation who will start their day at Disneyland park will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group in the morning on the day of their park reservation. Guests will need to have their park tickets linked to their Disney account.

• To access the second virtual queue opportunity for later that day, guests must have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disneyland park, or Disney California Adventure park with a Park Hopper ticket by the second enrollment time. Guests beginning their day at Disney California Adventure Park may then enter Disneyland park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their boarding group.

*Access to a Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.

But this does not say the official start times of joining the boarding group. It also does not specifically say you do not need to be in the park for this to work.

This post says "Specific times and details will be shared at a later date on Disneyland.com" I dont see anything official about joining a boarding group at 7am and 12pm and being able to do this at home at this time. Disneyland.com still says you can get a boarding group after entering the park, starting at the published opening time.

Last edited:
But this does not say the official start times of joining the boarding group. It also does not specifically say you do not need to be in the park for this to work.
Keep in mind that the version of this from last year specifically said you had to enter Disneyland first to try for a boarding group. This version does not say that - all it says is that you need to have a park reservation for DL.

This post says "Specific times and details will be shared at a later date on Disneyland.com" I dont see anything official about joining a boarding group at 7am and 12pm and being able to do this at home at this time. Disneyland.com still says you can get a boarding group after entering the park, starting at the published opening time.
They haven't announced those details yet. The info here is from a Disney blogger, but it jibes with what Disney has announced (and what they're already doing at WDW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter