ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have used my bank for a notarizing in the past. It's even free! However, I needed something notarized back in the fall, and I could not get into my bank for a notary for several weeks. Some of their local branches were closed completely, and the others were offering notary by appointment only.

I was able to go into the UPS store and get a notary with no appointment, but it cost me $15. In the grand scheme of things, it's a drop in the bucket, but when compared to free, it was a little annoying.

I think it makes sense that you're anxious, especially seeing threads around here where the sellers backed out, or took forever to get closing docs back, but those are really a tiny percentage of all the resales. I think the risk of it falling through is very low, although I understand you want it all finalized so you can play with your points! Hopefully it all goes well for you. :)

Ugh , $15 or free, double ugh. It cost me $200 for our online notary last week.

Okay I did not realize that they are now requiring appointments- I did ask this now that you mention it if an appointment was needed and was told no just to stop in. Perhaps it is different in other places. Thanks so much. I will just wait with anticipation.... I just want to book my first trip! :)
We walk into our bank, wait five minutes, chat with our banker for 10 or so and head out to overnight the documents. Even over the past year it's been that easy though their doors were locked for a couple months. Just waved and they let us in. We are in NH.

Edit: It's FREE!

Last edited:
I'm trying so hard to keep occupied today to stop thinking about this...I give people who have done this 4 or 5 times a lot of credit for the waiting part.
Debating if I should just send over an email and ask :)

I'm trying so hard to keep occupied today to stop thinking about this...I give people who have done this 4 or 5 times a lot of credit for the waiting part.
I mean it is their job and they are getting paid literally for your contract... a simple quick email of yes/no isn't a huge endeavor. They want to keep you happy to encourage repeat business / referrals / good reviews. "Hope you're having a Magical Day - any word yet?". I tend to leave them alone until it's been a reasonable amount of time but once people with almost the same sent date start to hear back... ;-).

I would ask if you sent around 3/10. I sent 3/11 & really expecting to know today or tomorrow!

I mean it is their job and they are getting paid literally for your contract... a simple quick email of yes/no isn't a huge endeavor. They want to keep you happy to encourage repeat business / referrals / good reviews. "Hope you're having a Magical Day - any word yet?". I tend to leave them alone until it's been a reasonable amount of time but once people with almost the same sent date start to hear back... ;-).
This is a good point! Mine was sent 3/8 and I haven’t heard. We SHOULD pass at $160/pt for BLT, but I want to know! I didn’t want a “be patient” response! Seems like most others have heard though. That settles it... I’m emailing. :-)

YAY!!!! I've been coming back to this thread specifically to see the joy of when a few of you finally pass - SOO excited for you! Little did you know you joined the magic two days ago! :-). WOO HOO! Dozens of Dole Whips in your future :-).
Awe, thank you so much! I love our little group. I'm going to miss you all when I'm gone. Luckily, I have another one to go through ROFR!!

Just saying...mine passed on Monday and I learned because I called the title company today! On a positive note though, I have two less days of the estoppel wait!! Always a silver lining, I guess!

This is a good point! Mine was sent 3/8 and I haven’t heard. We SHOULD pass at $160/pt for BLT, but I want to know! I didn’t want a “be patient” response! Seems like most others have heard though. That settles it... I’m emailing. :-)
Be sure to report back!

Well I thought we sent in on 3/4 but with seeing everyone passing with later dates I figured maybe they didn’t send it right away. Even tho after I signed and the seller signed the contract the email I got sent it was now being sent to ROFR. They called for my cc # for my deposit on 3/8 so I figure that’s the latest date it should’ve gotten sent.

Anyway, I had my hubs email today and got the canned “ROFR can take up to 30 days” blah blah blah

Hoping we all get some good news this week!

I would assume you will get this one. I would think you would get it just for the price and if not with it being an international seller should make it almost a guarantee.
That’s the plan 🤞. We will rent out the extra points to bring the buy in costs down a bit. It was the only loaded BLT contract I could find that I’d be willing to pay the extra $10 per point to get it though ROFR, I figured the international sellers couldn’t hurt either 😉

tmendez2---$147-$33650-230-BLT-Feb-0/20, 0/21, 0/22, 230/23-Seller pays '21 & credits '22 dues- sent 3/11, taken 3/31

Oh well. Really thought we might have had this one. Price seemed fair.
That sucks! It does seem like a fair price. I don't get ROFR sometimes. Get back on that horse and make an offer! We can spend next month on this thread obsessing together!

First time poster in this thread. Long time lurker. Upon urging someone else to email I did, too. We used dvcresalemarket. The person I've been dealing with said they received a large batch of waiver notifications today. Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting.

disneyrunner2009---$119-$13874-110-AKV-Oct-0/20, 0/21, 110/22- sent 3/8, passed 3/31

I was afraid I over paid on a stripped contract Disney would probably buy back. My justification was uncommon UY and small contract. The price we paid seems to be the new minimum. Just glad I know, I don't have to continue to look at contracts. Until I want to add a small contract at BWV to be close to EPCOT with the 11 month window for booking.

Last edited:
First time poster in this thread. Long time lurker. Upon urging someone else to email I did, too. We used dvcresalemarket. The person I've been dealing with said they received a large batch of waiver notifications today. Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting.

disneyrunner2009---$119-$13874-110-AKV-Oct-0/20, 0/21, 110/22- sent 3/8, passed 3/31

I was afraid I over paid on a stripped contract Disney would probably buy back. My justification was uncommon UY and small contract. Just glad I know, I don't have to continue to look at contracts. Until I want to add a small contract at BWV to be close to EPCOT with the 11 month window for booking.
CONGRATS! Crossing my fingers mine comes in in that batch. Mine was sent 3/8 as well through dvcresalemarket. Emailed awhile ago and the refreshing continues. LOL I need to stop!

It was inevitable, but now official...

achinforsomebacon---$143-$34585-225-BLT-Jun-160/20, 450/21, 225/22- sent 3/9, taken 3/31

If I knew prices were going to keep going up like crazy, maybe I would've gone above asking to $150. Now I'm annoyed because this would've been a great one even at the higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter