ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
jscottnc---$155-$39720-250-BLT-Dec-0/19, 5/20, 250/21, 250/22- sent 3/16

First time posting my resell purchase. SWMBO really wants the DVC washroom key that comes at the 1000 point level. I feel confident at passing ROFR at this price.

It was inevitable, but now official...

achinforsomebacon---$143-$34585-225-BLT-Jun-160/20, 450/21, 225/22- sent 3/9, taken 3/31

If I knew prices were going to keep going up like crazy, maybe I would've gone above asking to $150. Now I'm annoyed because this would've been a great one even at the higher price.
I offered $150pp on a 250-BLT-Dec. Seller countered at my self-imposed limit of $155pp. I like my chances at $155. Just sad that I balked at $145pp a year ago.

Thanks. It's our first contract. I remember when AKV was being built. We would always walk by the DVC booth and think I can get a lot of vacations per year based on DVC annual dues. Not that way anymore. One trip to a value or moderate resort costs about the same as yearly maintenance fees, if not more. I used that handy deed tool a few pages back and can't believe how many properties our seller had. Checking my phone at every notification notice was driving me crazy, that's why I contacted them.

Last edited:
I’m looking on dvcresalemarket to start pre-empting another contract now I’m expecting my 2nd attempt to get taken but there’s nothing out of their 22 sales that appeal.

Most of them are stripped contracts which is now what I’ll want to avoid so hopefully their listings will update over the next week or so

I’m looking on dvcresalemarket to start pre-empting another contract now I’m expecting my 2nd attempt to get taken but there’s nothing out of their 22 sales that appeal.

Most of them are stripped contracts which is now what I’ll want to avoid so hopefully their listings will update over the next week or so
Definitely a lack of inventory right now and I agree most are unusually stripped with the borrowing restrictions.

I was watching your posts come in. I believe you were interested in AK, as well. Your posts made me think my contract was going to be bought back, even paying the $119 per point. This price seems to be the new entry point. I will probably continue to look at resale listings as resort offerings are constantly fluctuating.

HappyThoughtsTees---$88-$18700-200-AUL-Dec-0/19, 0/20, 0/21, 200/22-seller pays MF 21&22- sent 3/5, passed 3/30

Off we go!
Seller providing a credit for '22 dues but the formatting wouldn't let me include it in the total price.

Updated! We actually passed yesterday but I found out today when I called to check our status.

Monty617---$110-$29015-240-AKV-Sep-0/19, 0/20, 240/21, 240/22- sent 3/8, passed 3/30

So excited, second attempt for AKV, and thanks to everyone on this group for sharing their info.
Congrats! I’m very happy for you!
And the other person who passed at $119. Very good to see some AKV getting through.

I was watching your posts come in. I believe you were interested in AK, as well. Your posts made me think my contract was going to be bought back, even paying the $119 per point. This price seems to be the new entry point. I will probably continue to look at resale listings as resort offerings are constantly fluctuating.

$119 is a good price. I can’t remember, was yours a stripped contract? Seems anything with 2021 points seem to pass.

I went from $106 to $109 on offers but if it does go to a 3rd one, I’ll probably go all in with $115 -$117 for around 225-250 points but I’ll see if there’s a deal to be had.

Id happily go $120 a point if the seller was willing to pay the 2021 dues but that’s not likely. I’d pay more per point if I can get away paying less at closing

$119 is a good price. I can’t remember, was yours a stripped contract? Seems anything with 2021 points seem to pass.

I went from $106 to $109 on offers but if it does go to a 3rd one, I’ll probably go all in with $115 -$117 for around 225-250 points but I’ll see if there’s a deal to be had.

Id happily go $120 a point if the seller was willing to pay the 2021 dues but that’s not likely. I’d pay more per point if I can get away paying less at closing

Mine was a stripped contract, October UY. I see listings now starting around $119/$125. That was my next thought. I'll offer more, but seller pays 2021 dues.

Last edited:
I'm in the 3/8 sent crew and waiting.....Our folks are usually good about letting us know so I haven't contacted.

Why would they be ROFRing stripped contracts instead of loaded ones? I would think getting some points out of circulation would be helpful.

First time poster in this thread. Long time lurker. Upon urging someone else to email I did, too. We used dvcresalemarket. The person I've been dealing with said they received a large batch of waiver notifications today. Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting.

disneyrunner2009---$119-$13874-110-AKV-Oct-0/20, 0/21, 110/22- sent 3/8, passed 3/31

I was afraid I over paid on a stripped contract Disney would probably buy back. My justification was uncommon UY and small contract. The price we paid seems to be the new minimum. Just glad I know, I don't have to continue to look at contracts. Until I want to add a small contract at BWV to be close to EPCOT with the 11 month window for booking.

Yay!! Congrats!!

We used dvcresalemarket as well. When our agent responded to my husband’s email this morning he said he is off today. So even if we pass, I’m guessing we won’t be notified til tomorrow.

Why would they be ROFRing stripped contracts instead of loaded ones? I would think getting some points out of circulation would be helpful.

either stripped contracts were selling for less or that they’re pretty much ready to go when the direct demand will probably rocket next year with all these bought back contracts ready to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter