ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The former is profiting directly through the recommendation and use of the latter.

But that’s not a kickback. They are under the same company…just different divisions…basically, it’s an all inclusive situation that includes a broker, title and finance company.

It’s really no different than direct…the sales, title, and financing is all done by divisions of Disney…

But that’s not a kickback. They are under the same company…just different divisions…basically, it’s an all inclusive situation that includes a broker, title and finance company.

It’s really no different than direct…the sales, title, and financing is all done by divisions of Disney…
Looking around and so far Magic's website lacks any disclosure of a business affiliation. Now I'm curious to review the initial paperwork received for affiliation disclosures.

Edit: Nope, no disclosure of DVC Resale Market and Magic Vacation Title sharing common ownership. It's not included in the list of Affiliates that came from the docs to open escrow. They do include Monera Financial LLC, but not DVCRM.

affiliates.jpg

Last edited:
Looking around and so far Magic's website lacks any disclosure of a business affiliation. Now I'm curious to review the initial paperwork received for affiliation disclosures.

Edit: Nope, no disclosure of DVC Resale Market and Magic Vacation Title sharing common ownership. It's not included in the list of Affiliates that came from the docs to open escrow. They do include Monera Financial LLC, but not DVCRM.

View attachment 840029
I have one going through with them at the moment. So far so good, they got closing docs to me within 24 hours of ROFR, although I find it odd that you still need to print and sign documents rather than using electronic signatures like other title companies.
I also had to sign paperwork acknowledging that they were affiliated with the broker at the start of the process.
Overall I’m finding much more paperwork on this one… I must have filled in my details and membership number at least 4 times already. Could definitely do with streamlining the process!

Wow, well over 2000 active listings out there.
Used to always be 400-600 up to a couple of years ago. Over 400 SSR on its own now.

Prices will surely have to fall more if a seller wants quick sale.
Brokers keep posting listings based on historical values, not sure that will cut it going forward.

Lack of buyers is a risk to anyone who is planning to sell as part of their DVC exit plan.
You really need to lowball everything you can to offset some future risk.

Used to always be 400-600 up to a couple of years ago. Over 400 SSR on its own now.

Brokers keep posting listings based on historical values, not sure that will cut it going forward.

Lack of buyers is a risk to anyone who is planning to sell as part of their DVC exit plan.
When I was keeping track a year or so ago the high water I saw was 2700, so we have a ways to go to get back there. If anything I'm surprised that prices haven't held up better.

Completely agree with this....

To me, the prices right now are simply too high in many instances. And there are so many options.

That's why my broker hates me, because I make asks based on what I perceive the value to be, not what the seller perceives it to be. Prices are going to continue going down I believe. More supply, and less demand = lower prices.

I have one going through with them at the moment. So far so good, they got closing docs to me within 24 hours of ROFR, although I find it odd that you still need to print and sign documents rather than using electronic signatures like other title companies.
I also had to sign paperwork acknowledging that they were affiliated with the broker at the start of the process.
Overall I’m finding much more paperwork on this one… I must have filled in my details and membership number at least 4 times already. Could definitely do with streamlining the process!
Well I'm really intrigued. Is your processor Emily?

And you received a different set of disclosures than the one included above that I received?

Have they got me in some Bizarro world alternative? 24 hrs for some and 11 days for mine. Good grief.

I’m now in the final stages of completing my first resale purchase and it had me curious about flipping our SSR contract for somewhere closer to the parks but sounds like it’s going to be tough even if willing to commit a decent outlay for the equivalent number of points.

I’m now in the final stages of completing my first resale purchase and it had me curious about flipping our SSR contract for somewhere closer to the parks but sounds like it’s going to be tough even if willing to commit a decent outlay for the equivalent number of points.
I would expect to pay about $40 to $45 less per point for a contract at SSR than for a BLT contract. There is also a good chance that difference could be $50-55.

I would expect to pay about $40 to $45 less per point for a contract at SSR than for a BLT contract. There is also a good chance that difference could be $50-55.
Yup, given we plan our trips a year in advance and therefore have a decent chance of swapping at 7mo it’s not worth it.

I’ll probably end up with addonitis instead though!

Last edited:
Yup, given we plan our trips a year in advance and therefore have a decent chance of swapping at 7mo it’s not worth it.

I’ll probably end up with addonitis instead though!
That has been my plan and our initial 2 trips it has worked.

I posted previously that in about 10 years I would expect SSR/Disney Springs will be our most likely stay so if I can use SSR points for the next 10 years we are fine.

I think next year we try BLT/Kidani 1-bedroom split stay or a 2 bedroom at CCV or BRV.

That has been my plan and our initial 2 trips it has worked.

I posted previously that in about 10 years I would expect SSR/Disney Springs will be our most likely stay so if I can use SSR points for the next 10 years we are fine.

I think next year we try BLT/Kidani 1-bedroom split stay or a 2 bedroom at CCV or BRV.
Sounds like a great approach! I don’t like SSR I just prefer other options particularly with having a young family but we also own at PVB and have BCV in the family to stay at, just means a bit of work at 7mo which I do enjoy when it all works out well!

jcolvin5 - DVC Resale Market/Magic Vacation Title

$102-$19031-160-AKV-Feb-0/23, 160/24, 160/25, 160/26- sent 2/18, passed 3/5; received docs 3/7

$102-$19022-160-AKV-Feb-0/23, 159/24, 160/25, 160/26- sent 2/20, passed 3/4; received docs 3/5

$95-$26323-250-SSR-Oct-0/22, 99/23, 163/24, 250/25- sent 2/28

Last edited:

$102-$16320-160 AKL-Feb 0/23, 160/24, 160/25- sent 2/18, passed 3/5, received docs 3/7

$102-$16320-160 AKL-Feb 0/23, 159/24, 160/25- sent 2/20, passed 3/4, received docs 3/5

$95-$23750-250 SSR-Oct 99/23, 163/24, 250/25-sent 2/28
You might need to use the string tool linked at the first page of this thread in order to generate a string that can be added to the front :)

Today I was promised by https://magicvacationtitle.com/ to get the docs by the end of Monday, March 11th... we passed ROFR on February 29th. So it'll be 11 days from passing to just getting the docs.

How is that company in business? Other settlement companies could easily be closed and recorded in 11 days by the time we just receive our docs. I can only imagine the pace they'll have on setting a closing date and recording.

PSA reminder: You can pick your settlement company. It does *not* have to be the one the broker company prefers. (kickbacks are a heck of a drug)
Don't even get me started on them right now, lol. As a seller, it's been an extremely frustrating process, with them starting closing before receiving the buyer's money, not paying off my dues immediately upon closing which caused my membership to be locked, etc., with no communication unless I followed up to ask what's going on. I have another contract that should have closed on 2/27 but hasn't gotten buyer's money and I had to email repeatedly to get them to reach out to the buyer to try to find out what's going on.

Did you have Emily as your processor at MV Title? I'm trying to figure out why they're taking 1.5 weeks for ours and others are getting theirs in 2 days.

$102-$19031-160-AKV-Feb-0/23, 160/24, 160/25, 160/26- sent 2/18, passed 3/5; received docs 3/7

$102-$19022-160-AKV-Feb-0/23, 159/24, 160/25, 160/26- sent 2/20, passed 3/4

$95-$26323-250-SSR-Oct-0/22, 99/23, 163/24, 250/25- sent 2/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter