Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Who's Planning On Going?

Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Are you going to try an get an ADR?

• Yes - March or April

Votes: 32 10.6%
  • Yes - May

Votes: 55 18.2%
  • Yes - June

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • Yes - July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Yes - August

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Yes - September

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Yes - October

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - November

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - December

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • No - I will not try to get an ADR for this restaurant this year.

Votes: 76 25.2%

• Total voters
I want to go so bad this August! DD20 is not eating much meat lately, and I see they offer a vegetarian option - does anyone know if we can order just one portion of that? DH and I like real meats and have no desire to be limited to the vegetarian option:)

Reactions: slo
I want to go so bad this August! DD20 is not eating much meat lately, and I see they offer a vegetarian option - does anyone know if we can order just one portion of that? DH and I like real meats and have no desire to be limited to the vegetarian option:)

From what I've seen so far, yes. Your husband can order the meat option while you order the plant-based one. I would *assume* the portions would be smaller since it would be for one person, but since it's family style, you can totally order more afterwards. :)

I'm in the "No" camp, though my additional would be "ever". The menu doesn't appeal to me, and I'm not a huge Toy Story fan. (I'd also probably get thrown out if it was a menu that appealed to me because I'm not doing to stop eating and let food get cold just because they say "Andy's coming.")

I'm in the "No" camp, though my additional would be "ever". The menu doesn't appeal to me, and I'm not a huge Toy Story fan. (I'd also probably get thrown out if it was a menu that appealed to me because I'm not doing to stop eating and let food get cold just because they say "Andy's coming.")
The “Andy’s coming” audio is not long, I didn’t time it but I think it was less than a minute.

I forgot and talked over the start the first time - I was there long enough to hear it repeat. There are 2 or 3 other “scenes”. But yeah, sounds like you should give it a wide berth!!

I'm thinking about going, but I'm worried it would be too much food (as I would be a solo party)

I don't see why you couldn't request no sausage. It would prevent food waste. The salmon is not an extra charge.
This is good to know.
I’ve been adding Salmon into our lives this year, so I may ask, if we get an ADR, to give us Salmon in the place of something else.

This is good to know.
I’ve been adding Salmon into our lives this year, so I may ask, if we get an ADR, to give us Salmon in the place of something else.
We plan on doing the same thing.

As of now, it seems like you can order as much of any dish you want. They start you with 4 sides but will bring out others if you want, along with individual portions of the proteins. And with desserts they say 1 per person, but I saw solo diners get 3 or 4. The desserts are also small, like they were designed for you to try multiple.

We went yesterday (Sun), picked up the reservation Sat night. Everything we got was delicious (except the forky cookie on the cupcake but that’s par for the course with WDW cupcakes) and we walked away feeling that we got our moneys worth. My super picky kids even ate more than I expected. We were encouraged to order more of whatever we wanted and they even brought our an extra dessert when my husband couldn’t decide which one he wanted. For the sides we ordered the grilled veggies, loaded tots, Mac and cheese and corn. You can order the corn plain (without the street corn toppings) which is what we did. We got seconds of the biscuits (which are great for making little brisket sandwiches), watermelon (the mint is basically nonexistent so the kids loved it), Mac and tots. It was plenty of food to go around and like I said my bbq sauce hating children LOVED this meal, being able to ride the stick horses into the restaurant and looking around figuring out what everything is made out of (like puzzle pieces, etc). Just be warned it’s a long meal and would/could really eat into park time.

huge toy story fans here in our family, but will pass on this bbq skillet meal. Food looks bad abd for bbq we head to polite pig or a quick lunch at regal eagle. Wish the toy story meal was not mediocre bbq. no thanks. so many openings now at Sci-fi!

We went yesterday (Sun), picked up the reservation Sat night. Everything we got was delicious (except the forky cookie on the cupcake but that’s par for the course with WDW cupcakes) and we walked away feeling that we got our moneys worth. My super picky kids even ate more than I expected. We were encouraged to order more of whatever we wanted and they even brought our an extra dessert when my husband couldn’t decide which one he wanted. For the sides we ordered the grilled veggies, loaded tots, Mac and cheese and corn. You can order the corn plain (without the street corn toppings) which is what we did. We got seconds of the biscuits (which are great for making little brisket sandwiches), watermelon (the mint is basically nonexistent so the kids loved it), Mac and tots. It was plenty of food to go around and like I said my bbq sauce hating children LOVED this meal, being able to ride the stick horses into the restaurant and looking around figuring out what everything is made out of (like puzzle pieces, etc). Just be warned its a long meal and would/could really eat into park time.
Thank you for mentioning that - I was wondering about this.
If we get the ADR, I'm hoping to make it on our EPCOT day, so we can leave EPCOT around 6:00, eat at the BBQ, and then have an uninterrupted day at HS the next day (this being in a perfect world of course - LOL!)

I actually wasn't planning on it until I saw the videos come out. Tbh decent BBQ is the one thing I can't really get at home (Virgil's and Dinosaur are about it) and the theming looks so cute and fun. Now I'm thinking we might do it as a lunch before leaving the park for our midday break.

Is there a reason why it's so slow? Does the food come out slowly? We have a toddler with a very limited attention span and never eat at any restaurant for more than an hour, tops. We love family style because the food comes quickly but this has me worried!

Gotta ask... The ribs are they any good or similar to what is at WC which are not so good anymore but the rest was very good. For us its a hard no right now.... we go in warmer months (that will change in the next few years) and just can not eat a lot anymore especially all the meats and go back out into the heat. We do enjoy WC on a resort day however.

Is there a reason why it's so slow? Does the food come out slowly? We have a toddler with a very limited attention span and never eat at any restaurant for more than an hour, tops. We love family style because the food comes quickly but this has me worried!
Food came out fairly quickly but it took awhile for food reorders to come out and to settle the check at the end. My husband took our kids out right before I got the check and it took 25 minutes for them to come back, get my card, run it and bring it back. It was our server’s first day so I understand and hope it’s more efficient going forward.

Edited to add: remember it’s a several-course meal, not a quick entree and go. I don’t typically order apps and dessert even at a table service so for me a couple hour meal is long. Our reservation was at 5:15 and we were leaving at almost 7:30. Salad course (with 3 “salads”), main meal (meats and sides) and desserts. They don’t take your dessert order until after you eat, like a typical restaurant. They definitely don’t rush you.

Food came out fairly quickly but it took awhile for food reorders to come out and to settle the check at the end. My husband took our kids out right before I got the check and it took 25 minutes for them to come back, get my card, run it and bring it back. It was our server’s first day so I understand and hope it’s more efficient going forward.

Edited to add: remember it’s a several-course meal, not a quick entree and go. I don’t typically order apps and dessert even at a table service so for me a couple hour meal is long. Our reservation was at 5:15 and we were leaving at almost 7:30. Salad course (with 3 “salads”), main meal (meats and sides) and desserts. They don’t take your dessert order until after you eat, like a typical restaurant. They definitely don’t rush you.
Wow.....almost 2 hours
This is good to know ::yes::

We went yesterday (Sun), picked up the reservation Sat night. Everything we got was delicious (except the forky cookie on the cupcake but that’s par for the course with WDW cupcakes) and we walked away feeling that we got our moneys worth. My super picky kids even ate more than I expected. We were encouraged to order more of whatever we wanted and they even brought our an extra dessert when my husband couldn’t decide which one he wanted. For the sides we ordered the grilled veggies, loaded tots, Mac and cheese and corn. You can order the corn plain (without the street corn toppings) which is what we did. We got seconds of the biscuits (which are great for making little brisket sandwiches), watermelon (the mint is basically nonexistent so the kids loved it), Mac and tots. It was plenty of food to go around and like I said my bbq sauce hating children LOVED this meal, being able to ride the stick horses into the restaurant and looking around figuring out what everything is made out of (like puzzle pieces, etc). Just be warned it’s a long meal and would/could really eat into park time.
Do you know if you can get Tots with no sauce and macaroni with no crackers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter