• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the stuff that ticks me off. Rumors. If it is truly a CM that said this then they should be fired. I am sure Disney would not appreciate these kinds of rumors being spread. Why can’t people just wait for official announcements.
Fired really seems a little drastic how about a reprimand instead of taking someone’s job away.

Pyotr I'm with woody337 on masks. But I amend the opinion to "The mask would really hinder my trip.". So much so that we're just not going to travel to Orlando until we can do it free of concern of the Covid. If I need to wear a mask then I'll sit out until I do not.

But everyone is in a different spot. We've had great times when our children were young. Now as adults FL is a very fun distraction from winter weather and we generally spend a few days in Orlando twice a year. But the payoff isn't what it once was for us.

When I put myself back into our mindset of when we had 6, 9 and 10 year old children and had a week at the Lodge planned then we would be mightily disappointed to indefinitely postpone our trip. So I understand why travelers in a different spot than us could enjoy a trip enough to offset the masks and no hugs from Tigger.

If it's determined the distancing standards are as safe as a trip to the grocery store, then I'm sure people will funnel back to Orlando. I hope they find good weather and short wait times. Shorter still as we'll not be chewing up fast passes until this is all over. : )

I believe there are people that don't need intimacy and social contact, but they are probably miserable anti-social people. Most of us like being around around other people. Why go on a vacation to shout at people from 6 feet away. Masks are also dehumanizing...No thanks. If WDW requires a mask I'll just wait until this is over.
I like people. I enjoy talking with strangers. I enjoy seeing peoples facial expressions. Wearing masks and distancing myself from others is not how I want to live. I think the majority of people feel this way.

As an introvert I try to minimize social contact - guess I am anti-social but I am not miserable, I am a pretty happy person. I get stressed when having to talk to people and make small talk (and it leaves me mentally exhausted)

A Disney trip where you have to keep your distance from others sounds wonderful to me 😊

Fired really seems a little drastic how about a reprimand instead of taking someone’s job away.
It doesn’t seem drastic to me. When CM’s start giving out information like this, it gets spread like wildfire. People, whether they should or not, cancel plans and make changes that cost Disney. They know they aren’t supposed to do this and if they can’t just do their job, they need to be fired.

That said, this is probably a case of misunderstanding. I’m near 100% sure what the guest was told was in regards to the parties themselves, not the parks. Still, the CM had no business talking about it. The policy is, unless it’s cancelled by Disney, there are no refunds and that’s all that should’ve been said.

It doesn’t seem drastic to me. When CM’s start giving out information like this, it gets spread like wildfire. People, whether they should or not, cancel plans and make changes that cost Disney. They know they aren’t supposed to do this and if they can’t just do their job, they need to be fired.

That said, this is probably a case of misunderstanding. I’m near 100% sure what the guest was told was in regards to the parties themselves, not the parks. Still, the CM had no business talking about it. The policy is, unless it’s cancelled by Disney, there are no refunds and that’s all that should’ve been said.

If they fired every CM who gives out wrong info, Disney would not have any CMs.

Problem is that info is now third-hand.

There's no telling whether the CM offered "the parks being closed for the rest of the year" as an example of a circumstance where that person would receive a refund (and then said Disney would be providing updates this week), OR if the person was specifically told by the CM that the parks may be closed for the rest of the year.

Knowing how lots of folks like to jump to conclusions and assumptions are often made, I'd say the former is just as likely as the latter. In that case, the CM would have done absolutely nothing wrong. But all speculation now...

Just don't understand all these people that believe the virus can go through a mask one way but not the other way. And why do we still have to stay 6ft apart even if both people are wearing a mask. Remember these experts saying this are the same ones back in March were saying nobody should wear a mask except for medical people and have been SO wrong about the numbers from the beginning.

lFor what it’s worth, to me, masks in the parks would seem like security theater- making it seem like people are “safer” than they actually are. I’m in the “fabric masks don’t do much“ camp, but I live in jersey, so I HAVE to wear one if I want to grocery shopping, etc. it’s hard to imagine Disney not going with the security theater aspect of requiring masks. I’ll be there regardless, just my two cents. I personally hate them- they make me feel like I’m having a panic attack, and it’s all the more frustrating bc it seems like no medical organization can agree on whether they help or not. I also find it bizarre that two months ago it was all “NO MASKS!” and now it’s “EVERYWHERE MASKS!”.

Problem is that info is now third-hand.

There's no telling whether the CM offered "the parks being closed for the rest of the year" as an example of a circumstance where that person would receive a refund (and then said Disney would be providing updates this week), OR if the person was specifically told by the CM that the parks may be closed for the rest of the year.

Knowing how lots of folks like to jump to conclusions and assumptions are often made, I'd say the former is just as likely as the latter. In that case, the CM would have done absolutely nothing wrong. But all speculation now...

Calls are recorded, it’s easily verifiable as to what the CM said. I’m not suggesting they be fired for something they didn’t do. I don’t disagree that third hand information is not a basis to fire. My comment was pretty clear. If a CM gives out operational information that should not be given out, they should be fired.

Calls are recorded, it’s easily verifiable as to what the CM said. I’m not suggesting they be fired for something they didn’t do. I don’t disagree that third hand information is not a basis to fire. My comment was pretty clear. If a CM gives out operational information that should not be given out, they should be fired.
I posted last week about what the CM told me about a target date of 6.15.2020 and no FP+ but "digital registry" for attractions I canceled my trip of 5/23-5/29 based solely on his candid responses and information. He said that the MK park would be the only park opened in the first Phase and that MK resorts would be open at the same time. I asked about the first week in June for Beach Club and he suggested that my daughter change that. He said the the other parks would open as the phases unfolded, but I do not know what order he said - only that Epcot would be the last park to open. He said construction in Epcot would still be done though.

It was really difficult to make the decision to cancel our May trip. We, like so many others plan months if not near a year in advance. I know that times are changing and that precautions need to happen to give people a sense of safety. I will wear a mask if required (I made a few and omgoodness they will be so hot and so i may resort to disposable masks). I will continue to wash my hands, use hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes (I did this before Covid-19).

On a side note, I hope that they don't remove all the buffets- I have heard no mention of them removing them, but you never know. I LOVE Boma and their variety. They could just have people serve you behind plexiglass, I guess. I agree with previous posters about humans and socializing. I enjoy being around people and I have had many delightful conversations on the bus ride back to our resort or waiting in line. Fingers crossed for LIFE to get back to as close to normal as can be expected.

I'm really not that afraid of the virus at all. It's a concern, sure. But I'm far more afraid of the irrational panic from people who are terrified of it. If someone is that terrified of the virus that they are worried about everyone around them not wearing a mask or gloves, they need to stay away from Disney World. They need to stay at home until there is a vaccine. Just because you are in a long term panic attack over the virus doesn't mean everyone else has to be.

People drive me crazy sometimes.

Exactly. Not to be morbid, but you're more likely to die getting to DW (especially if driving) than dying of this virus.

The masks won’t be mandatory. I don’t even think Disney will mention them.

They will have the cheap ones available for free, or you can buy the special ones. A think you’ll see about 60 percent of people there wearing them and those that don’t will get dirty looks, but Disney will neither encourage or require them. I think there will be some backlash to that, but I think the actual mechanics of requiring them or even suggesting them is a responsibility WDW won’t be willing to take on.

The only two cents I have on the mask debate is that I would think Disney would be hesitant to require them especially in the summer months due to any potential liability if there are heat related issues with mask wearers. If you require them, and somebody gets overheated and passes out, what liability do you have for requiring the mask?

Anyone have any idea how they will handle the cashiers at registers like they have in the resort cafeterias? The dual sided ones that they check people out on both sides.

And this is exactly why they shouldn’t give that information out. For you, it made no difference. They aren’t going to be open in May, by any reasonable expectation. But what if your trip was early June, before the date he claims and it turns out to be wrong? Unless it’s an official announcement, already out there, they have no business divulging the information. Disney does not make announcements via phone CM’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter