Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I read something this morning about how the show has plenty of fireworks and was about 6 minutes longer than Wishes. Sounds good to me! I have never seen Wishes, only the MVMCP one so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to. But I know a lot of people are sad about Wishes so hopefully they will enjoy this show.

Signs were up at Contemporary about the test runs and the hours so am sure plenty got to see it, hoping for more later.

Dear Friends ......................

My breath has been taken away by just a couple photos on Instagram of the practice run last night of Happily Every After. One photo alone has me so so excited. I don't want to spoil it .... but if you want to look at this one photo, it is shot from Poly??

https://www.instagram.com/p/BToj84lArbP/?taken-by=disneyphotosnapper

Scroll within that post there are a couple more. Add that to castle projecting and some fireworks ......

One thing this tells me is MK Resorts value has gone up! and I could see another resort being built out there.

And I will be there in a few weeks to see it!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

WOW!!! I'm glad I booked our next family stay at the Poly (unfortunately, it isn't until Christmas)! Looking forward to your review in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

My breath has been taken away by just a couple photos on Instagram of the practice run last night of Happily Every After. One photo alone has me so so excited. I don't want to spoil it .... but if you want to look at this one photo, it is shot from Poly??

Scroll within that post there are a couple more. Add that to castle projecting and some fireworks ......

One thing this tells me is MK Resorts value has gone up! and I could see another resort being built out there.

And I will be there in a few weeks to see it!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm now more excited to see this show than ROL (Jungle Book ruined that anticipation for me). Can't wait to see more "sneak peaks". Probably won't be there to see it in person for at least a year. :(

Last edited:

I believe I read this was taken at TTC, though the view would obviously be similar at Poly. It is stunning. But it's going to take a lot to win me over. Wishes is one of my favorite things in the whole world. I'll reserve judgement until I see it myself....in 41 days....

I believe I read this was taken at TTC, though the view would obviously be similar at Poly. It is stunning. But it's going to take a lot to win me over. Wishes is one of my favorite things in the whole world. I'll reserve judgement until I see it myself....in 41 days....

And I'm the opposite - so glad to Wishes go. :duck:

Does anyone know when they open and close the line for seating for ROL dining packages? My DD has not seen the Tree of Life Awakenings and I'd like her to see the first one at 8:45. ROL is at 9:15 and we would be cutting it close if we stop and watch the first one. I would be OK if they leave our area open for us, but not if they open it up to the waiting masses.

Hmmm.... I refuse to look at the link, but coming from YOU I'll take this to mean there's hope. I'll be there in a few weeks too, at Poly in fact! AP Pandora Preview and new MK fireworks show the same weekend were too much for me to pass up! :-)

Hmmm.... I refuse to look at the link, but coming from YOU I'll take this to mean there's hope. I'll be there in a few weeks too, at Poly in fact! AP Pandora Preview and new MK fireworks show the same weekend were too much for me to pass up! :-)

Me too, me too. New show one day and Preview the other day. Two new things in one trip, maybe three if I sneak over to meet BB-8!

It's times like this where we need a "Don't Like" button.... :duck:

:wave2:
(I kid, I kid)

WELL ..................... if you LOVE Wishes you may not be as excited as me.

Wishes was great when it started, its just been long enough, time for new.

Me too, me too. New show one day and Preview the other day. Two new things in one trip, maybe three if I sneak over to meet BB-8!

WELL ..................... if you LOVE Wishes you may not be as excited as me.

Wishes was great when it started, its just been long enough, time for new.

Well I couldn't avoid the pics, I hadn't been on Twitter for a few days and opened it up tonight to find a timeline full of those pics.

Have you seen any amateur shots? I only saw those few oddly professional (enhanced?) looking ones...made me a bit suspicious....:cool2::cool2:

I guess I'm a late comer so Wishes is still nice/fresh and was becoming "our thing" as a family. All good though, so long as the replacement hits that same spot. :-)

Well I couldn't avoid the pics, I hadn't been on Twitter for a few days and opened it up tonight to find a timeline full of those pics.

Have you seen any amateur shots? I only saw those few oddly professional (enhanced?) looking ones...made me a bit suspicious....:cool2::cool2:

I guess I'm a late comer so Wishes is still nice/fresh and was becoming "our thing" as a family. All good though, so long as the replacement hits that same spot. :-)

I am an oldie ............ even went BEFORE it opened to visitor preview center so this will be my third show.

Here are amateur and bad photos but I think it shows the power of the light.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTnm9HCjV34/?tagged=happilyeverafter

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTpyNhXBEjS/?tagged=happilyeverafter

Does anyone know when they open and close the line for seating for ROL dining packages? My DD has not seen the Tree of Life Awakenings and I'd like her to see the first one at 8:45. ROL is at 9:15 and we would be cutting it close if we stop and watch the first one. I would be OK if they leave our area open for us, but not if they open it up to the waiting masses.
I don't know from personal experience but I read on the official ROL thread that 45 minutes - 60 minutes early is best to arrive. I don't know if that is still the case as excitement may have died down a bit and I also do not know if they open up the seating at a certain time. But you could look for that thread and see if someone there could answer your question.

I don't know from personal experience but I read on the official ROL thread that 45 minutes - 60 minutes early is best to arrive. I don't know if that is still the case as excitement may have died down a bit and I also do not know if they open up the seating at a certain time. But you could look for that thread and see if someone there could answer your question.
Really? Even if I have "reserved area" seating from a ROL meal?

Yep...that was the most recent word. However, the ROL talk has died down a bit since the Pandora talk has ramped up. So maybe it isn't as bad as when it first debuted? Though with Pandora open, AK will be packed so maybe ROL will continue to be popular.

We have FP and we plan to arrive at 8:30 for a 9:15 show. And the FP section is even bigger than the dining package area.

Yep...that was the most recent word. However, the ROL talk has died down a bit since the Pandora talk has ramped up. So maybe it isn't as bad as when it first debuted? Though with Pandora open, AK will be packed so maybe ROL will continue to be popular.

We have FP and we plan to arrive at 8:30 for a 9:15 show. And the FP section is even bigger than the dining package area.
I don't care where we are as long as we get in and still have a seat.

Even if you have the Dining Package, they open that section to standby guests after a certain time. I just don't know what the "certain time" is! Check the official thread for the most up to date information.

I think a problem too is we just don't know. Loading/Unloading has changed from week to week based on reports. When I went they loaded Dining completely before beginning the Standby. Everyone was sent down a aisle and into a row, you were loaded just like the parking lot. No choosing your seat. So if you arrived after they started Standby and it was a busy night, I could see you being shut out. But then night I went Standby was 2/3 EMPTY.

When Pandora opens I think it will all change again because the park will be fuller, folks will be maxing FP+ and Dining Packages since they are in the park. You'll like see procedures change again. I just wouldn't cut it close, it's why they won't let you book after a certain time.

Hi all! Been a while since I checked in. @FloatingBear - glad your trip went well! Sounds like things are gearing up for Pandora opening. I didn't realize the Great Movie ride was shut down now. I haven't been to DHS in a while, looks like it will be even longer. I am hoping I can swing a trip this year, even if its a short one, but it will be later in the year

Hi all! Been a while since I checked in. @FloatingBear - glad your trip went well! Sounds like things are gearing up for Pandora opening. I didn't realize the Great Movie ride was shut down now. I haven't been to DHS in a while, looks like it will be even longer. I am hoping I can swing a trip this year, even if its a short one, but it will be later in the year

It's not shut down.

Rumors it is shutting down soon but so far it's still showing hours out through Nov 1st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter