Sept 16 2012 - WONDERing who's on the Calif Coastal with me?!

Disney4Nina

Earning My Ears
This is my first Disney cruise and I am so excited! My husband has been wanting to cruise the coast of Ca and now he gets his wish. I have so much to learn about the Wonder and lots of planning ahead for excursions in SF. I'm hoping some of you seasoned Disney cruisers will share your knowledge and helpful tips. First priority now is to find a Disney countdown/ticker. Looking forward to having great discussions on this board! Welcome aboard!!

Nina and Alain

hmmm..anyone else going on this cruise besides us?

Don't worry, I don't think you will be alone.

DD (the youngest) will be starting college the fall of 2012. With an expected rush of flexibility, we asked Dreams Unlimited to book the Pacific Coast Cruises in one of the partially obstructed veranda rooms on deck 6. There were several options and DW chose the 23rd. Have a wonderful cruise and we will look for you as you get off and we get on.

Bill

hmmm..anyone else going on this cruise besides us?
You can count us in! We just booked this on Monday. This will be our 16th Disney Cruise. We are cruising again with our good friend, Charlene who is a Castmember at Disneyland. We have emailed all our old cruise buddies so there may be more coming along with us later. (a CM friend from WDW has expressed interest but it is too far away yet for him to request vacation)
Looking forward to sailing on the Wonder again.

Tom & Lynn

Looks like we will be adding another guest to our room after all! Our CM friend from WDW is giving us the go ahead to add him to our cabin's reservation.:thumbsup2

Greetings from Indiana!

My BFF and I were on pins & needles awaiting the 2012 listing; we were SO disappointed! 1. The departure for Hawaii is the ONLY week all year I cannot be gone from work.
2. The New England trips have ZERO stops in New England. UGH!

So we decided to pick the first sailing of this little gem! It will be my 6th DCL cruise (unless I squeeze in another!) It will be BFF's 5th DCL, as she just returned from the first DCL sailing to Alaska! We booked on the Silver CC reservation day, so even got the exact stateroom we requested! Woo hoo!

BFF has had recent business trips to Cali & is anxious to return. I just realized in all my travels (other than layovers at LAX), I've never had a real trip in CA!!! One of my student's is interning in San Jose this summer, so she has strict instructions to bring me tons of info on San Fran.

Just looking at the basic port info on the DCL site has me incredibly excited; we will more than spend our OBC with excursions! We also know we'll just stay on board and rest during the stop in Mexico. I definitely want to take in the Disney Family Museum & perhaps visit the Naval Station; BFF will want to take an excursion to a vineyard.

We will likely arrive 3 days in advance to visit DL. Although I don't want to give up the DL hotels, we will use BFF's Marriott Rewards to stay across the street for free! I can't imagine what the airfare is going to cost. :(

Luckily, a week from today we will be at WDW, and hopefully a work conference will take us there again in Nov. - to hold us over, you know!

Looking forward to filling the ship with more DISsers!
Gayle

Welcome Gayle and BFF!

Glad you are excited about your cruise in Cali. Even though I live in Cali I am excited about visiting SF and sailing under the Golden Gate bridge. I have never been able to spend much time there to really see the city.

The Disney Family Museum is on my must do list, along with a trip out to Alcatraz, riding the cable cars, Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 and some shopping. Hubby and I are staying on the boat too in Mexico.

Leaving tomorrow morning for 3 days at Disneyland to experience the two new rides, Star Tours 2 and Little Mermaid. I won an AP Preview to Star Tours 2, my time slot is tomorrow from 4pm - 8pm. On Sat, we are going to the Disney theatre El Capitan in Hollywood to see Pirates 4. We've never been to the El Capitan before so very excited!

I hope your trip to WDW is wonderful! Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Nina

Count us in! We live in FL and just returned from a 5 day cruise on the Disney Dream. The Sept '12 cruise will be #6 for us. Love CA and can't wait to get back for a visit. It will be our children's first visit to the west coast so they are excited.

Look forward to counting down the months, weeks and days with everyone!

:tink:

Count us in! We live in FL and just returned from a 5 day cruise on the Disney Dream. The Sept '12 cruise will be #6 for us. Love CA and can't wait to get back for a visit. It will be our children's first visit to the west coast so they are excited.

pirate:
Hi everyone -- tagging along with Cruise Tink -- Kathleen and Laurie live in Maryland and are excited about cruising the CA coast and especially the time in SF. We also just returned from the 5 day cruise on the Dream. This cruise will be #5 for both of us...Ghiradelli's is on the must list for SF, and the Presidio and the museum. Can't wait to see the Golden Gate from a different perspective. Looking forward to the countdown with everyone and getting to know our cruise mates before we sail.
Kathleen (wondering if pirates lurk on the west coast too???)

Welcome Tom and Lynn, glad you will be joining us!

Nina and Alain

Where do you find the count down calendars? Very cute

My friend Gene from WDW added 2 more friends that we have cruised with before and we can now add Shane and Laurie, 2 more friends from AZ who have also cruised with us too! that brings us up to 9 in our party so far!:cool1:

My partner Felix and I will be on board. This is our sixth Disney cruise.
We love S.F. and S. D. What a great way to visit our favorite California cities. No car or Amtrak. Just the Disney Wonder.

Larry

I have been so busy planning other cruises that I have totally forgot to sign up for this cruise meet.

Hi, Everyone. I'm Brenda and I will be sailing with my husband Eric. We will be continuing to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary on this cruise. Our anniversary is September 15th, so we are going to spend a couple of days at Disney's Grand Californian Villas (hopefully) right before the cruise.

If all goes as planned, this will be my 10th cruise (or 8th) Disney Cruise. My husband would like for me to be Platinum by the time we do our Eastern Caribbean cruise in October 2012.

I love Sausalito and am so looking forward to visiting the Bay Area. The Disney Family Museum is a must on our list as well and probably the Maritime Museum at Fisherman's Wharf.

We plan to stay on the boat in Mexico, too and will probably visit the San Diego Zoo while in San Diego. I can't believe I have never been there before, although I have been to Sea World countless times.

Anwyay, looking forward to chatting with you all. Should be a very fun cruise.

This is my first Disney cruise and I am so excited! My husband has been wanting to cruise the coast of Ca and now he gets his wish. I have so much to learn about the Wonder and lots of planning ahead for excursions in SF. I'm hoping some of you seasoned Disney cruisers will share your knowledge and helpful tips. First priority now is to find a Disney countdown/ticker. Looking forward to having great discussions on this board! Welcome aboard!!

Nina and Alain

The Wonder is a beautiful ship, in fact, although I have only sailed the Magic and the Wonder, the Wonder is my favorite. I think that will continue to be the case even after I have sailed on the Dream and the Fantasy.

I just booked this cruise today through Disney Vacation Club. This will be the first Disney cruise for us. My husband has been on a cruise before, but I have not. We're excited about days at sea, and high tea at Palo.
We are hoping the Wonder sails close enough to shore to see the coastline lit at night.

I'm starting to get excited now too, since we've just finished our WDW trips for 2011. Next up, Cali! On our way home from WDW, we ended up getting bumped, which has resulted in a free flight that we're certainly using for PCC. Not having the cost to fly from Indy to CA is a huge help to the budget!

As a Christmas gift to my BFF going on this trip, I'm building a DL/PCC trip guide. This is a great learning experience, as neither of us has ever been to DL and I haven't been to SF or SD! I found the "WDW Veterans Guide to DL" here on DisBoards to be a goldmine of info. If any of you has other helpful info or sites, please feel free to pass them along!

Gayle

Today I had to cancel this cruise:sad1:. Due to some financial concerns, we are trying to reign in our spending and cruising right now is not a way to save money.

I hope you all have a fabulous cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter