Sept 16 2012 - WONDERing who's on the Calif Coastal with me?!

Hi Everyone! My name is Stephanie and I just moved our cruise that was supposed to be in December on the Fantasy to this one. I was hoping to see the new ship and the Carribean for the first time but this cruise works out for us better financially. This will be our second cruise and we're super excited! Our first was also on the Wonder last April to the Mexican Riviera.
Traveling with me will be my DH Ted, DS Colin (10) and DD Mackenzie (7). Looking forward to chatting about the cruise and meeting everyone!

Stephanie

PS...we'd love to participate in a FE if others would like to also :)

We JUST booked this cruise too! We switched our reservation for a 2013 Caribbean cruise to this b/c we wanted to sail sooner and don't feel like flying. We're from Southern California and we are LOVING the Wonder being out here right now. We went on our first cruise last December on the Wonder to Mexico and had a great time. It'll be me, DH and our 1 year old DD (actually celebrated her 1st bday on the Wonder!). I'm surprised more people aren't on this thread. When I called today I was told that it's already filling up in certain categories and they're expecting it to be full by the time we sail! This makes me feel better about booking now and not waiting for possible I/O/VGT rates.

Can't wait! Is it September yet:yay:!?

Hi Everyone,

Just booked this cruise last week because I love the ports and always wanted to see SF and what better way than a Disney Cruise. We have sailed 3 times on the Magic ..Easter and Western Caribbean.

This cruise is just me and my husband...one daughter in college and one in High School. Havent told them yet they werent invited LOL.

Flying in the Friday before the cruise and am thinking of spending the two days before the cruise in the Hollywood/ LA area.

Maryann and Sean

Hi everyone! My name is Yvette.. We just booked this cruise on Friday and we are OOOOOHHHH SOOOOOO EXCITED! Will be traveling with my DH and 2 DS's.. We just took the MR cruise on the Wonder last month and had a BLAST! CAN'T wait for this cruise! Lived in Cali all my life and have NEVER been to SF! :confused3 Can't wait to get up there.. I'm excited to get to know and eventually meet all of you.. Looks like a few of you live not too far from us!

PS..
If an FE is started we are totally in!!! :cheer2:

When I made this reservation last month I was told by DCL that they're expecting it to be a full sailing...I hope we can get a Palo brunch reservation with only 2 sea days! Does anyone know when they'll have the weekly schedule available in terms of when formal night, pirate night and captain's gala/semi formal night are?

Does anyone know if there are tours of the naval station/base in San Diego?

Hi there.. This is the info I have on touring the Naval Base. According to the person I received this from, this tour allows you to tour the base and an active carrier.. She says its a great tour.. Hope this helps...To arrange for a tour, contact the Naval Surface Forces Public Affairs office from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call at least one month before your visit for the best chance of arranging a tour. Naval Station San Diego 3455 Senn Rd. San Diego, CA 92136-5190 619-437-2735

We rebooked for this cruise while onboard the Wonder last week, so we're tentatively joining the group! Things could change, as my sister has brought up that she'd like to do a Jan '12 cruise, and that just seems so close to this one.

:wave2:

Calling out ALL Cali Coast Cruisers!!! We can't be the ONLY ones on this ship!!! Who else is in???

:wave2:

Calling out ALL Cali Coast Cruisers!!! We can't be the ONLY ones on this ship!!! Who else is in???

We're in! So glad more people are joining the group! I'm so excited and can't wait for September :)

So who's in for an FE group? I have an idea already and am anxious to get started. :yay:

We're in! So glad more people are joining the group! I'm so excited and can't wait for September :)

So who's in for an FE group? I have an idea already and am anxious to get started. :yay:

:woohoo: WOOOOO HOOOOO! Hey Stephanie! SO Glad your here.. I see your traveling with your DS and DD.. I have a son who will be 10 when we sail and a son who will be 8.. I started a thread just for the kids traveling on this cruise so that they have a chance to get to know one another before we all set sail.. Thought it would be even more EXCITING for them to know that someone they (kinda) gotten to know online will be onboard and ready to hang out. So if your kids are interested in that head over to the thread. My son Noah (10) posted already but the last time we checked the tread no one replied :sad1:... Anyway... I am SOOOOOOO in for an FE! We just took the Wonder last month to the MR, but we book so close to sail date (2months b4) that the FE was already closed.. :sad: So you KNOW my creative juices are on OVERLOAD! :eek: Can't wait to get them started!!!

Here's the kids Thread... Kids only Wonder Cali Coast Cruise 09/16/2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2882263

:woohoo: WOOOOO HOOOOO! Hey Stephanie! SO Glad your here.. I see your traveling with your DS and DD.. I have a son who will be 10 when we sail and a son who will be 8.. I started a thread just for the kids traveling on this cruise so that they have a chance to get to know one another before we all set sail.. Thought it would be even more EXCITING for them to know that someone they (kinda) gotten to know online will be onboard and ready to hang out. So if your kids are interested in that head over to the thread. My son Noah (10) posted already but the last time we checked the tread no one replied :sad1:... Anyway... I am SOOOOOOO in for an FE! We just took the Wonder last month to the MR, but we book so close to sail date (2months b4) that the FE was already closed.. :sad: So you KNOW my creative juices are on OVERLOAD! :eek: Can't wait to get them started!!!

Here's the kids Thread... Kids only Wonder Cali Coast Cruise 09/16/2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2882263

Thanks for starting a kids thread...that's a great idea! We will definitely check that out.
I also missed the FE on our last cruise because I just found the disboards about 2 weeks before the cruise and the FE group was closed. We did one anyway though and delivered to all the members of the group on the first day. I brought dollar store goodies to put in ours since I knew we wouldn't be getting any but we were surprised with goodies through out the trip from those who had brought extras. Yay for disboarders! :worship: They made my kids cruise extra special (OK, I loved it as much as they did)! I'm really excited this time though because i have so much time to plan and get creative.:woohoo:

Thanks for starting a kids thread...that's a great idea! We will definitely check that out.
I also missed the FE on our last cruise because I just found the disboards about 2 weeks before the cruise and the FE group was closed. We did one anyway though and delivered to all the members of the group on the first day. I brought dollar store goodies to put in ours since I knew we wouldn't be getting any but we were surprised with goodies through out the trip from those who had brought extras. Yay for disboarders! :worship: They made my kids cruise extra special (OK, I loved it as much as they did)! I'm really excited this time though because i have so much time to plan and get creative.:woohoo:
Wow.. Stephanie, what the Dish'ers did was great.. So nice to know that there are still people out there with such big hearts! BTW, the whole kids only thread was not my idea alone :rolleyes1 I saw on another board that someone had done this and so many kids had been chatting with eachother for months before their cruise that I thought I would BORROW the idea. The guilt was killing me so I had to spill..hehehe;)
We would love to participate with FEs as well!! :tinker:
Hi CruiseTink! I have already started on some SAMPLE FE gifts to show to friends and family, just to make sure they are a good idea.. so far im getting a :thumbsup2 from them.. I did notice that the original person who started this thread is no longer going to be on this cruise so I'm thinking if no one steps up to the task of keeping track of and organizing the FE list I may just take a stab at it.. Although I have never actually done it :confused3 so kinda hoping someone more experienced will swoop up that task :lmao:

I just paid off our cruise today!!! :woohoo: So excited! Can't wait for September! :)

We just booked today; this will be our first cruise!
We are my DH Ron, me Angel and our daughter, Michelle (16).

I just found the dis board today and am just so excited tonight!! :)

We just booked today; this will be our first cruise!
We are my DH Ron, me Angel and our daughter, Michelle (16).

I just found the dis board today and am just so excited tonight!! :)

:wave2: Hi Angel! I remember when I found the meet thread to my first Disney Cruise... OHHH how many hours I spent reading thru it! Husband and kids were totally ignored! :rotfl: So glad you found us! I'm so excited to get to know you before our sail date!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you, Yvette563! :)

This September is going to be so much fun!!! We might get off in Mexico; just because none of us has been there before! Has anyone been to Ensenada before? What's it like?

Thank you, Yvette563! :)

This September is going to be so much fun!!! We might get off in Mexico; just because none of us has been there before! Has anyone been to Ensenada before? What's it like?

Been there once a LOOOOOONG time ago... Not a beautiful port but great for shopping.. Most shopping is close to port along a main street. At least it was way back when I went... There are a lot of cantinas to relax and have a few drinks. A lot of people hit the PAPA AND BEER cantina/club.. So if your into partying like that, it might be a "must" stop.. When I was there we headed down to Puerto Nuevo, which is a small fishing town. You can get the greatest fresh fish/lobster there. Ok let me rephrase that.. I'm NOT a seafood person, but my husband and family are and THEY say its some of the best.. :rotfl: Puerto Nuevo is about a 35-40 min drive from Ensenada tho. It does have a small shopping village too.. There is an old winery in Ensenada that you can visit, take tours and wine tasting.. LOVE wine but since we will have our kids we wont be making that stop.. Hope that kind of gives you an idea..

BTW wanted to ask if you would be interested in participating in an FE exchange?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter