• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**September 2019**

welp guess my "vacation" is going to make me REALLY tired. DH is planning to be AT the tapstiles by 5am lol for SWGE. my youngest is a fairly early riser anyway .. but still lol this is extreme ....last trip he was 3.5 and he and i would go back to the room every afternoon and nap (i didn't nap lol) but we were kind of excited not to have to do that. ...well .. we will be doing that this time lol

Thankful for our decision to stay at BWI this time vs AKL which was our other choice! :)

still trying to stay positive and optimistic :)
I'm planning to get the family there early and nap in the afternoon even though we are adults, a teen and a tween. Naps are essential to enjoy the evening events!

Going 9/8-15. My plans are pretty much done - just waiting on DAH at AK to be posted (if any). Mixed feelings on the EEMH. I am NOT a morning person, not at all. I actually need an IV drip of coffee started before I even set foot out of bed. My husband is ecstatic about the 6am HS hours because he rolls out of bed at 4:30 for a workout every morning anyway. I have graciously offered to do one morning at HS - getting there for 5am. Figured we'd be back to the hotel for a pool/nap day earlier than planned. We bought BCV last year for the location and pool - thrilled to be able to walk to HS in the dark. As long as I have a coffee in my hand I may survive :eek:

I can't even imagine trying to get up that early, but we're going to have to!! My kids are HUGE Star Wars fans.

We have MSNHHP on Sunday & then we're doing the 6am rope drop at HS the next day! I agree with pop tarts! lol! Maybe some yogurt drinks for the adults? Applesauce pouches. Granola bars. Thankfully there are now coffee makers in the room at Pop!! :worship:

We have a 9:20 breakfast at Hollywood & Vine so that will be a nice reward for waking up so early! lol

I hadn't made any breakfast ADRs because we wanted to maximize touring time in the morning, but a mid-late morning breakfast at HS is starting to sound really appealing!

View attachment 399135 Here’s an idea of the wonky crowd level predictions right now!! This is our week (Sept 24-30.) TP levels are the numbers (1-10) and KTP predictions are the colored stars (green, yellow, and red.) As you see, there are some days that one site says a level 1 and the other site says red day or, conversely, one site says 9 and the other site says green :confused3 This information is as of today (May 6.) I’m sure it will change a million times, but just a representation of the uncertainty!

Those random 9 crowd levels are cracking me up. I wonder if that's trying to take locals into account?

Yep.

Just one park being open super early is one thing but three extra early days is another. DH was really hoping for late night hours like when Pandora opened. I am happy either way though to be honest, it is just selling the others on it.

I was hoping for late hours also. Love the parks after dark, DHS is nice when its dark, well all the parks. such a different feel from the hustle and bustle of the day. Trying to figure out to balance being up late and doing those early mornings. A friend said I should get some red bull for the week.... might have to do that. I can sleep after I get home.

I think that’s absolutely what that is because the 9s are on Saturday and Sunday.

Yeah, I think they had said their original algorithms after the SW news hadn’t taken that in to account, so they manually adjusted the weekends to account for local crowds on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Still up in the air about what to do on our arrival day, which is a Saturday. We won’t get there until late afternoon so I planned for HS with an ADR at H&V and our 3 FPs; just not sure I want to walk through a sea of humanity to get to those!

Our plan is to only do HS on a couple of those EEMH mornings, and otherwise, stay away... unfortunately, I truly believe that the crowds will not just stay in HS, and TP is really being pretty misleading on their anticipated crowd size estimates for the other parks.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think they had said their original algorithms after the SW news hadn’t taken that in to account, so they manually adjusted the weekends to account for local crowds on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Still up in the air about what to do on our arrival day, which is a Saturday. We won’t get there until late afternoon so I planned for HS with an ADR at H&V and our 3 FPs; just not sure I want to walk through a sea of humanity to get to those!
We usually need time to relax on arrival day,we check out the resort, swim, maybe DS, never make it to a park though.

I was hoping for late hours also. Love the parks after dark, DHS is nice when its dark, well all the parks. such a different feel from the hustle and bustle of the day. Trying to figure out to balance being up late and doing those early mornings. A friend said I should get some red bull for the week.... might have to do that. I can sleep after I get home.

I agree, parks after dark are THE BEST. I am still hopeful they will extend DHS evening hours.

Ughhh. So, I haven’t been around much due to my daughter’s crazy dance schedule. We are going 9/1-9/8 as of right now but I may have to shorten it cause of dance that Labor Day weekend. Anywho, I booked a few PPO breakfasts that I know I’ll have to change. One is at Epcot so I’ll see what those early hours end up being. My husband is not happy about the early, early hours. I’m starting to have doubts about the trip. We will be going for 2 weeks in July 2020 for my daughter’s Nationals for dance, so we don’t have to do everything this trip but this is going to be tough to plan. We don’t usually take a break and nap in the afternoon but we may have to. Kids will be 8, 5 and 3. It can’t be that crowded where we have to be at the parks at 6:00am everyday, right? :hyper2:

I agree, parks after dark are THE BEST. I am still hopeful they will extend DHS evening hours.

They extended DAK hours during my trip from 8pm to 9pm. Pretty happy about that, maybe they will extend them more down the road. Now to figure out how to do all those early mornings and staying out late....

I’ve been following this thread but never posted. We will be going to see the mouse August 30-September 10. (8/30-9/2 @ POFQ. 9/2-9/10 @ POP ). Still very excited despite all of the crazy that be happening. It’s my husband and kids first trip. We added on a couple extra days to allow for a more relaxed pace.

Luckily my kids are early risers so we will happily take part in the am EEMH. Still need to choose what MNSSHP date we are going to attend.

This makes me feel very very old. Of that whole list of bands playing at Eat to the Beat, I recognized, maybe, two. Old old old!

Sugar Ray is playing when we are there..... makes it nice I don’t have to worry about wanting to see the show.

This makes me feel very very old. Of that whole list of bands playing at Eat to the Beat, I recognized, maybe, two. Old old old!
We are there for a week in September and there are 4 bands. I only know Starship which I am excited about. I agree feeling old about other bands during my trip and most of the "new" acts.

Giving some hope to everyone upset over hours still~ I like to look on the bright side so ignore me if you guys still want to be mad but what if Disney opened up the extra hours to make feel more comfortable about booking rooms cause there is still so much availability during this time? Also, September is still pretty hot so I am looking at the extra hours across the board as a great thing, we get into the parks early and then midday go back to the hotel for naps/swimming then go back at dusk. Now that there is more hours, I won't feel like I'm wasting time to take a midday break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter