• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sister Wives

So tired of watching the same conversation between Robyn and Cody over the rental/buy situation. Surely with that huge family, there could be any storyline to pursue?
Well she’s the favorite and they’re beefing so I’m sure that’s why we’re getting this non stop.

This irritated me more than her crying over renting. I was looking at everything in her house and she in now way is living a modest life. I don't know if that is part of their doctrine, but it certainly looks like she lives the high life. I also watch the Duggars and maybe that is clouding my thinking. I know they are 2 different religions, but Robin doesn't seem to live within her means.

Last edited:

I also noticed them calling the kids "hers". It's really particularly notable knowing the hoops the family jumped through for him to adopt them.

That said, she probably DOES feel like they are "her" kids. She's in the trenches with them on a daily basis in a way someone with so many other wives and kids can't be.

Mostly though, I think it was a statement from Robyn that she doesn't think he has their best interests at heart the way she does. And she's probably right. But she should have a private discussion with him about that instead of going the passive aggressive route.

This irritated me more than her crying over renting. I was looking at everything in her house and she in now way is living a modest life. I don't know if that is part of their doctrine, but it certainly looks like she lives the high life. I also watch the Duggars and maybe that is clouding my thinking. I know they are 2 different religions, but Robin doesn't seem to live within her means.
Well their religion is a spin off of a spin off but yeah, they’re supposed to live modestly. If you go back to the very first year or two you can see they did live pretty modestly. Robyn however has always been “blingy” in comparison. Couple that with Kody pretty much making sure she always gets what she wants when she wants it and this is the result.

I things there’s a couple of things happening here. She wants her cake and to eat it too. Problem is they can no longer afford that. And before Vegas she never had a home that was HERS. Kody took that away when he was “called” to move the family to AZ. She resents that and hasn’t been shy about expressing it. I think whether she realizes it or not she feels if she buys a house that will get taken away from her too AND the houses on the property will never get built. Another promise broken by Kody which leads to admitting he’s not such a great guy.

I don’t wish bad things on anyone but I am glad they’re getting a karmic smack upside the head, especially Kody. Yes you should have stayed in Vegas! At the very least they should have waited for the house(s) to be built in Coyote Pass. Kody gave very little thought to anyone’s feelings when he “received” this idiotic plan, and he was so enamored with his one house idea that he put all his hopes and dreams and plans into it but kept it from his wives throughout the move, etc. But he was thinking “No they’ll never go for this when they’re in their own homes. I’ll pitch this when they’re spread out and miserable and longing to be back together as a family.” So annoying! And of course it’s the kids who suffer most. Even the ones who are adults. They just ditched Maddie and Caleb and then they’re surprised that they move cross-country?

And we know from the article posted many pages back that Robyn and Kody buy a house eventually so all this “drama” is beyond old.

Their whole plan was not well thought out to begin with. Now they are paying the price for not considering possible outcomes, like their houses not selling, like whether or not they could find rentals, like living too far from each other, while they rent. They had the perfect set up for their lifestyle and for the kids in Vegas. They've created their own problems at this point. I can't feel that bad for them.

Their whole plan was not well thought out to begin with. Now they are paying the price for not considering possible outcomes, like their houses not selling, like whether or not they could find rentals, like living too far from each other, while they rent. They had the perfect set up for their lifestyle and for the kids in Vegas. They've created their own problems at this point. I can't feel that bad for them.
100% agree. I feel badly for the Brown offspring (including Maddie and Caleb who’d moved to be closer!) but not Kody and the wives.

Exactly, the kids are the ones who had no choices. The kids were the last ones they thought about when making this move the way they did.

Absolutely. Very scary when the children are smarter than the parents. I am all for parents being the ones to say what is gong to happen, but I have never seen such a lack of critical thinking.

Aspyn nailed it last season. She said that they - her parents - never ever seem to be settled in life. And she probably guessed correctly that this will not be their last move.

On a completely different note - I am done with Robyn. Not because her buy/rent headache is absolutely annoying. But that she has said multiple times that they would go ahead with the buying BUT wouldn't hesitate to pull out at the last minute if a rental came through. She says it so openly without a hint of how disgusting that decision would be. And a planned decision at that, sigh. I will fully admit that I judge how their religion falls into a decision like that.

-----------------

Oh and another Robyn annoyance - she rewrites history. Mourning for Las Vegas. She was the one that wanted the kids out of there due to the culture of the area. Sighing again.

--------------

The one wonderful outcome of the move is Janelle has seemed to come back to life. She genuinely seems happy. And Kody (my auto-correct changed his name to Kooky :rotfl2::thumbsup2) and Janelle
actually seem like a couple these days. They always seemed like roommates or friends through the years. It is lovely to see her more content in Flagstaff.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Meri.

But I could not live with the things that were said at the counselling session. Mostly the things said in the one-on-one producer interviews about her.

I am not saying that the things said were erroneous. Most were totally valid. Or that there wasn't a need for them to be put on the table. But my God that can't be good for one's being to hear things said so bluntly. And even more in a way that lacked an ounce of care for her or any intent of moving forward in their relationship.

Last edited:
I viewed Robyn as sweet and almost innocent when she first came in. This season she strikes me as an opportunist and I think she manipulates everyone with an act of sweet and innocent. I struggle with Meri. I can’t help but to feel her pain. that therapy session made me feel worse for her. Kody wants nothing to do with her anymore and made that pretty clear but I genuinely think she thought they were trying to work it out. She now knows she was the only one trying. I think he made it clear too that some of the kids and the other wives didn’t like her. i can’t imagine (right or wrong) how that must feel.

This season she strikes me as an opportunist and I think she manipulates everyone with an act of sweet and innocent.

Exactly.

With us all what is a persona will come to light at some point.

-----------

Immediately I didn't care for Robyn. I felt she was disingenuous. And last season I decided that I had been way too harsh and judgemental in my feelings toward her.

Ummm nope.

I think the intent of screwing over the owners of that house, without even a moment of thought, says it all.

Last edited:
I don't see Meri and Kody ever really being together again as a couple. As he said in the therapy session, "We're family, but we're not a couple." I think if she chooses to stay, that's the way it's going to be. She'll either need to be OK with that, or make the decision to leave. I do think that she stays because she's so attached to the family. She obviously loves the kids and enjoys being part of the gatherings and having a sense of community. I think she would like to have a relationship with Kody again, but I don't think he wants to give it the effort. And really why should he? He has 3 others wives. If a relationship with 1 goes bad, he'll just concentrate on the others. It's actually very sad.

The reason I don't see them reconnecting is that they are so different in how they approach things. Whenever there's a serious family discussion, Meri's strategy is to lurk in the background and not say a word. Each time they discussed the big house idea, she said nothing. She waited for the other wives to speak up so she could gauge their opinions first. She would continue to stay quiet, then act like a victim when something didn't go her way. It's a very passive-aggressive approach to life. Kody is out there and in everyone's face with his opinions, sometimes to the point of being a bully. When you put the two of them together, it's a recipe for disaster. I just don't think either can deal with the other's personality anymore, and neither is really going to change.

I think if Mari had more biological children it would’ve been a lot different for her. Kody state’s that he felt bamboozled because she wasn’t who he thought she was. Maybe things changed for her psychologically when she couldn’t get pregnant yet she watched her husband have 12 kids with his two other wives. Then married another woman and had more kids with her.

I think if Mari had more biological children it would’ve been a lot different for her. Kody state’s that he felt bamboozled because she wasn’t who he thought she was. Maybe things changed for her psychologically when she couldn’t get pregnant yet she watched her husband have 12 kids with his two other wives. Then married another woman and had more kids with her.
This is what I think too. Meri lost any purpose to the family when she could only have one child and the other wives had more children. I mean even though he “splits” his time how much was actually given to Meri when a bunch of other kids were being born and he needed to be with them? I know Meri creates some of her own drama, she is very passive aggressive. But I think he is just mean and dismissive of her

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter