• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s TUESDAY 1/30 poll - Who remembers using this…….❓

Public Rolling Cloth Hand Dryer - Do u remember it, Did u use it, Did u think it was gross? (m.c.)

• I remember it

Votes: 98 87.5%
  • I do not remember it

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I always used it - I didn’t think it was gross

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • I always used it - I did think it was gross, but used it anyway

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I sometimes used it - I didn’t think it was gross

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I sometimes used it - I did think it was gross, but used it anyway

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • I never used it - I didn’t think it was gross - I just couldn’t be bothered with it

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I never used it - I did think it was gross and wouldn’t touch it

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I’ve seen one in the last 10 years - please post where

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
One day on Facebook someday shared about using (in the past) the rolling cloth hand dryer in public bathrooms. Immediately I thought - oh yeah….this is definitely a poll :lmao:

Who remembers the public hand dryer in the picture? ⬇️
Did you use it?
If yes….did you use it thinking nothing of it, or did you think it was gross?
Have you seen one recently?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..My vote is - I sometimes used it - I thought it was gross, but used it anyway.
I don’t remember the last time I saw one, but I do know I used it. I didn’t think anything of it if the cloth looked clean, but if the cloth looked dirty I’d let my hands air dry. Since I had to examine it, before using it, is why I voted the way I did - down deep I must have thought it was gross or I would have just used it. If I saw one today, there’s no way in heck that I would touch it :sad2::crazy2: It’s amazing how at one time, things like this were totally acceptable.

IMG_1490.jpeg

OMG where dud you see one ? 🤮 i couldn’t say those things when I was a kid they were always wet and icky thought they were so gross nope try not to use those ever

Yeah I remember. I did use them and didn't think too much about it. It's probably been 15 years or more since I last saw one. It was definitely some random mom and pop type shop out west. Like Wyoming or New Mexico.

........and that's why I'm immuned to many things today!! :rotfl:
Haven't used one in a long time.

(apparently immuned isn't a word in past tense but I'm using it anyway)
This made me laugh :lmao:
I have a lot of words I use like that too - I call them Sandyisms :rotfl:

One day on Facebook someday shared about using (in the past) the rolling cloth hand dryer in public bathrooms. Immediately I thought - oh yeah….this is definitely a poll :lmao:

Who remembers the public hand dryer in the picture? ⬇️
Did you use it?
If yes….did you use it thinking nothing of it, or did you think it was gross?
Have you seen one recently?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..My vote is - I sometimes used it - I thought it was gross, but used it anyway.
I don’t remember the last time I saw one, but I do know I used it. I didn’t think anything of it if the cloth looked clean, but if the cloth looked dirty I’d let my hands air dry. Since I had to examine it, before using it, is why I voted the way I did - down deep I must have thought it was gross or I would have just used it. If I saw one today, there’s no way in heck that I would touch it :sad2::crazy2: It’s amazing how at one time, things like this were totally acceptable.

View attachment 829880
We had one in the ladies room at church!

I remember those disgusting things. Trying to pull and get a "clean" piece of cloth and it not budging. They were usually in restrooms that had the pink powdered soap that smelled like AJAX. I love the 80's, but some things can stay there -- this is one of them!

Haven't seen one in forever, thank goodness!

Usually I at least remember things posted in slo's polls, but I've never seen one of these in the wild.

I've seen them in Ireland pre-covid - so 2018 maybe. Old pubs out in the country. Id guess they are gone now

We had them in the bathrooms at our church my entire life. I moved away from my hometown about 15 years ago - I wonder if they still use them in the church restrooms.

I just used one in October! It was in the bathroom in a museum in Geneva (Musée d'histoire des sciences).

I have never seen one before in all of my almost 56 years on Earth, but it looks like a petri dish.

I remember these - I never used them - they were just too ICKY

I have seen them. Not often. They are gross. And I refused to use and made do with a tissue in my purse instead.

I remember those, they were popular in restrooms at gas stations and restaurants for some reason as I recall.

Not as gross, however as soda vending machines in the Soviet Union. I took a College class that spent a week in the U.S.S.R. and the soda vending machines had real glass glasses. Actually, the machine had ONE glass. It had a setup where you "rinsed" the glass, put your money in, got your drink, drank it and put the glass back for the next person to rinse and use. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter