• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin tour for members at Epcot

So I am stuck in the queue, because I called at 9:03 and I am still holding. I don't know whether to keep holding or not. I thought the queue went in order? I guess not. There has to be a better way to handle things like this.

20 people per week, is often just 5 guests a week, if each books 4 spots. So over 125 in queue means they are all gone, I assume. Better to have us call a different number for these things, and then they can leave a message, all dates are booked, so we know.

Damn, I called on my home phone, and says wait is 19 minutes. My cell has been holding for 90 minutes already. Cannot wait for my survey.

Last edited:
Me too, 47 minutes/ I want March 8. Getting worried.

Edit, 57 minutes. I wonder if I can book it at DCA? Going there in July. I do not expect to get my March date at this point.
So I am stuck in the queue, because I called at 9:03 and I am still holding. I don't know whether to keep holding or not. I thought the queue went in order? I guess not. There has to be a better way to handle things like this.

20 people per week, is often just 5 guests a week, if each books 4 spots. So over 125 in queue means they are all gone, I assume. Better to have us call a different number for these things, and then they can leave a message, all dates are booked, so we know.
I hung up on my call after waiting over an hour, just got back through and they said there is a hold time of 15 min...hope thats true!

I had called at 9, was told an 8 minute wait. It was a bit longer. I was representing 2 memberships, total of 4 places. I had been concerned because early on this thread someone said they booked March 29 before today.

I am keeping both lines open, I would not normally DO that, but I guess I should have used both lines from the start. I just did not want to contribute to tying up the phone lines, but I will always use at least 2 lines from now on. ALWAYS. Because it is unfair to call at 9:03 and people who called well after me, got thru and got booked.

It is SO rare for me to even try for anything from DVC, member since 1995 and I cannot remember a single event we were able to attend. (did visit the lounge last month though! Loved it.)

First world problem, but maddening. Saw on FB it is booked up solid thru mid April.

All dates gone, my original call never got thru, hung up at 2 hours. 2nd call picked up at 23 minutes. All dates gone, it is pretty much sold out for 180 days. Got into a argument about when to call for future dates. She was confused about 6 months? Or 180 days? She kept saying it is the same thing, and i said NO, it is not, and if I am 20 seconds too late, I will miss booking this tour, so clearly I need to know which is the correct date. She really has no idea. So I will call both at 6 months and 180 days I guess, for July tour at DCA or October at Epcot.

I was able to book 4 for March 29! Am very happy!
We are also on the Soarin' tour on March 29!

We actually made our reservation last Friday when we first heard about this tour being offered and before we or Member Services realized that reservations weren't suppose to start until today. I was concerned that our reservation would be deleted once the computer system was set up to handle bookings starting today. But I called MS today and confirmed that we still have our booking for March 29.

BTW, I called MS at 9:38 CST and was on hold for 23 minutes.

See, I think a plus one makes sense, as there are married couples and similar where both aren't technically on the deed and thus aren't both technically members. Not to mention minor children.

I think there would have been just as much outcry if they'd said "named on card only!"

I was lucky I guess. I called at 9:00am and was picked up immediately with no wait. Booked for myself and friends for May 3 and for my husband and daughter may 10. Wished we could've done it together, but someone has to stay with the kids. We are all members (even the friends and my daughter). I also managed to book my BWV standard studio this morning at 8:00am. By 8:02am the first night was gone. Guess I should play the lottery tonight.

I got through at 9:28 am and was on hold for 22 minutes. My date of Feb 22 was fully booked. Bummer! If there are only a few slots available for one tour day each week, then not very many people will be able to take advantage of this. If it is 20 slots, then only 80 people in one month would get to participate, yet there are thousands of members. Hopefully Disney will be able to add more tours in the future. I would love to do this tour - Soarin' is our favorite ride.
Thank you for posting this--I won't bother calling. 2/22 was the only Wednesday we'll be there. Oh well. At least now DD12 won't be jealous of us. :rolleyes1

I am so sorry to read this. You must've been posting as I was thinking about you.

Super bummed. Obviously 1 day a week for 20 people is not enough to meet the demands. Stoooooopid. :headache:

Cheers to everyone who booked--sold out through May 17 right now. It is very cool to watch the ride from behind the screen--this is a treat for sure if that's part of the tour.

This should have been a member only tour with only having 20 spots per week. Guest shouldn't have been allowed.

I agree, since there's such a small # of spots. Are members allowed to bring guests? I suppose it's difficult if the mebers are traveling with non-members, but I'm afraid that's just the way it really ought to be.

I agree, since there's such a small # of spots. Are members allowed to bring guests? I suppose it's difficult if the mebers are traveling with non-members, but I'm afraid that's just the way it really ought to be.

Yesterday I received the Member e-newsletter and followed the link re the tour. It said "each Membership card" could bring 3 guests - which I interpreted to mean that DH & I could have brought a total of six guests, taking up 8 spots on the tour. Can't confirm though since we never got through and wouldn't have any guests with us.

I got my call back! I found out some VERY good info. In the future, you can book this tour at 180 days PLUS 10! with a resort reservation!! I was shocked at that, and would never have known that! So good luck locals with no resort reservation, it will be hard for them to book it after today.

For DL, it is 60 days (and no plus 10).

Then I was talking about calling Dec 1 for the after hours shindig. SHE SAID THAT WILL BE BOOKED ONLINE!! I asked what time and she was not sure yet, 8 or 9 am most likely. She said for member plus 5 people.

I called Wednesday to make a reservation and was told I had to call on the 18th. Now I am seeing that people were allowed to make reservations prior to today. Very disappointing.

I got my call back! I found out some VERY good info. In the future, you can book this tour at 180 days PLUS 10! with a resort reservation!! I was shocked at that, and would never have known that! So good luck locals with no resort reservation, it will be hard for them to book it after today.

For DL, it is 60 days (and no plus 10).

Then I was talking about calling Dec 1 for the after hours shindig. SHE SAID THAT WILL BE BOOKED ONLINE!! I asked what time and she was not sure yet, 8 or 9 am most likely. She said for member plus 5 people.

Yes, when I finally got thru this morning only to find out my Jan. 4th date was gone she told me I could call on Jan. 1st to book for my June 30th trip. Of course that really means January 2nd as they will be closed on the 1st.... Super ticked about it right now.

I'm just going to say this: While I think it's nice that they're giving us members something "special" -- the fact that it is so limited in number makes it not such a great perk. I mean, Welcome Home Wednesdays was able to accommodate many members.

20 people once a week is a teeny, tiny little fraction of the members who are there any given Wednesday and would want to participate.

I do appreciate that DVC is offering something new, but then I was one of those who was able to secure a reservation this morning -- my first choice (December 14) was long gone by the time I finally got thru on the MS line. I felt grateful that my 2nd choice (3/22/17) was available!

Posted my thots in other thread. MS needs to refine their process as to these member perks or the negative buzz will be a detriment.

While I understand the disappointment of those unable to get a reservation, I'm glad DVD is offering these complimentary experiences and am happy for those who were able to take advantage of them. (We probably won't be able to, as our next trip is more than a year away).

I do not expect DVD to make these complimentary experiences available to everyone or even large numbers of members and hope they continue to offer new ones in spite of some of the negative responses.

FWIW, I think sometimes "free" brings out the worst in us. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter